+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do?

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Re: What do you do?

I am a mortgage banker for Capital One Bank (formerly Hibernia) I evaluate credit, income, and asset information from individuals seeking home loans and determine if I'm going to loan them money and at what interest rate.

Tech fans get 6% on 30 year money today. LSWHO fans get 7%.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    LSWHO fans get 7%.
    So ya'll make mobile home loans.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    So ya'll make mobile home loans.
    Nah. The extra 1% is the standard charge for having to fill in the paperwork for illiterates.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I'm the Plant Engineer for Nalco Company at there Scott (aka Lafayette) blend plant. We supply almost all the offshore rigs with there crude treating chemicals.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

II'm retired now. My first career was in the Air Force. I flew F-105G and later F-4G aircraft as an Electronic Warfare Officer. These aircraft were specially equipped with electronic surveillance receivers and missiles designed to take out radars associated with surface-to-air defense systems in the Wild Weasel mission. It was like playing a video game while flying 100 feet and pulling 6 Gs at 600 Knots and trying not to get shot down by the SAMs you were trying to eliminate. I got my MS in Electronic Warfare Systems Engineering which led to my second career as a systems engineer and subject area expert for the MITRE Corporation. In that job, I supported the Air Force Information Warfare Center, the Air Intelligence Agency, and the Air Force Information Warfare Battlelab. Tasks included designing a methodology that used models of adversary infrastructures and weapon systems which were specified by the methodology to determine optimal mixes of weapon systems pairings with targets to achieve desired degradation of the adversary's ability to perform specified tasks. I designed the methodology for the battlelab to determine which concepts were suitable for demonstration in hopes of finding concepts that would enable quantum leaps in information superiority. I also did analysis of these concepts for innovation and engineering feasibility. Now I do whatever I damn well want to do including long winded and vague explanations of what I used to do!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I've watched Champ967 educating the locals on preservation of historic districts on government access channel here in Fayetteville and he is pretty credible for a young guy talking about old things! However, I couldn't see a Tech Bulldog pride pin on his suit even though I know he owns at least three of them! I guess he figures it is safer not to wear them in Hog City!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

WWDog, you wrote that as though you saying it breathlessly. You are ready to run for public office. You surely could hold your own ina political debate!

I am a copy editor from 3 p.m. to midnight in Springdale, Arkansas. I write headlines and correct or rewrite headlines, photo captions, news stories, etc., and then proofread pages before they go on the press. Currently, I don't design pages but have done a lot of that, including with quark express.
    I was an outdoor writer and broadcaster for years for numerous media outlets and have taught English in seven colleges. If I get up the nerve to give up my night job and take Social Security, I may go back to outdoor writing and fishing in bass tournaments as in the 70s and 80s. My Web site is a mix of outdoor writing and the conservation writing that makes up the serious-news portion of the outdoor writer's work.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Humm... well. I work for the Sleezeport Police Dept. My Unit is called the A.F.I.S. Unit, which is part of the Forensics/Crime Scene Unit. Btw, AFIS stands for Automated Fingerprint Identification Unit. I am the Supervisor for the evening shift (4 pm to midnight); although I've been trying for months to move to the graveyard shift. We are in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year! (366 on leap years of course! )

About 80-85% of our job is to process fingerprints that get sent to us either by all the jails in North LA, or local officers/detectives that get prints off of different crime scenes. (Hot Checks, Buglaries, Murders, Rapes, Assaults, you name it.) We are a civilian Unit with an commishioned boss. (Lehman's terms... we're peons ) We are the hub for 34 Livescan sites from all of North LA (the boot and up!).

The other 20 percent of our job is mixed up with doing Record Checks (Criminal background checks), ABO applications, SOB registeries, Sex Offender registeries, preparing lineups, and releasing mugshots to Detectives, Officers, and the media. I'm sure that there is a few other things that we do, but I can't think of them at the moment. There are only 5 hubs like us here in Louisiana and the State Police has chosen us to handle more "Livescan sites" and a bigger caseload than all the other hubs, due to our tremendious work ethic and many other reasons. They tell us that we have about the same number of errors in one year that the other Full Functions have in about 3-4 week period!!

With me being a supervisor, I have of course the normal supervisory duties, and also must check the network nightly and fix cases that get stuck all over the place because the State of Lousyana still is using the same servers that they put in place back in 1995!!! (Damn, even TECH has had better upgrades! ) Anyways, I also run some other scripts with make sure that cases are updating all the Criminal History, fingerprint (18), and mugshot servers; and other scripts (thank god I made one, use to do it manually!) that checks the hard drive space of all of our sites (around 54).

All in all, I really love my job. Sometimes the people... kinda.. well... SUCK, but it's a good solid job that should look really good on my resume' for the next great oppurtunity that may or may not come.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    AFIS stands for Automated Fingerprint Identification Unit.
    So the "S" statnds for Unit? Ya gotta love our state!:icon_wink
    SOB registeries
    You register SOBs!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    I've watched Champ967 educating the locals on preservation of historic districts on government access channel here in Fayetteville and he is pretty credible for a young guy talking about old things! However, I couldn't see a Tech Bulldog pride pin on his suit even though I know he owns at least three of them! I guess he figures it is safer not to wear them in Hog City!
    Thanks Aub! There are those who say that NWAR is drunk with uncontrolled growth, and won't seriously address preservation / conservation issues until it's too late. I, for one, would love to see those folks proved wrong.

I regret I cannot wear a Tech pride pin when in my official capacity as a State of AR employee. :bigcry: (And I only wear suits to funerals, thank you very much.)

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I work (as an intern) Honeywell DSES (Defense and Space Electronics Systems) as a Mechanical Engineer. I do a lot of failure analysis and reliability work on inertial navigation units. Right now I'm working on a satellite that fell down with two of our units on board. If Lockheed Martin wins the contract for the next manned space vehicle, we've got several pieces of that pie and I should be working that project full time next year. The next manned space vehicle will be Orion and will be launched by Ares.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    WWDog, you wrote that as though you saying it breathlessly. You are ready to run for public office. You surely could hold your own ina political debate!
    Aub

I was trying to get it out so it was understandable to those not in the business yet be concise without saying anything I would get into trouble over. I am far from a political person. I have tried to stay away from the political side of things as much as possible in my work. That is why I went the brute force and technical path. My posts on the political side are based in my experiences serving my country and what I feel are best for this country. The experiences are from a wide array of situations. There are a lot of stories that I could tell. Some a little scary, some that I don't know how to tell without looking like I'm bragging, some where I look like an idiot, and some that would surely get me into trouble.
    Last edited by WWDog; 08-23-2006 at 04:01 PM.
    WWDog
    La Tech

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Aub

I was trying to get it out so it was understandable to those not in the business yet be concise without saying anything I would get into trouble over. I am far from a political person. I have tried to stay away from the political side of things as much as possible in my work. That is why I went the brute force and technical path. My posts on the political side are based in my experiences serving my country and what I feel are best for this country. The experiences are from a wide array of situations. There are a lot of stories that I could tell. Some a little scary, some that I don't know how to tell without looking like I'm bragging, some where I look like an idiot, and some that would surely get me into trouble.
    Sounds like my dad!

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    Sounds like my dad!

Not your dad but real close!!!! I emailed him yesterday about the North Texas game. He said come on up. He also said that you and your brother were going. Joy has expressed interest in comming also. Are the tickets by seat or are they just take a seat in a general section? If they are I'd like to try to get a block. I can't let the dawgs down on this one since it means a lot and I think it will be another blowout!
    WWDog
    La Tech

+ Reply to Thread