+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: What do you do?

I don't do anything quite as interesting as registering SOB's. I'm an engineer (civil engineer) with a consulting firm here in Baton Rouge - doing water and wastewater design. I think I've had the most well rounded career of anyone I know over the last 20 years - from municipal and Corps of Engineers major navigation design to industrial stuff to even a brief stint (1 year) with a Christian ministry as a volunteer. My degree from that fine academic institution in Ruston has served me well.

Varsity Bulldog bulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nice bulldogengr's Avatar

Well, I am currently changing careers. I was working for UT-Austin as a research engineer, but I will be staring Sep 1 as a Asst Professor of Mechanical Engineering at La Tech.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs Up Re: What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogengr View Post
    Well, I am currently changing careers. I was working for UT-Austin as a research engineer, but I will be staring Sep 1 as a Asst Professor of Mechanical Engineering at La Tech.
    We call that "moving up in the world"...congrats!

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

I work at Circuit City selling cameras, computers and I also do the work of a manager because mine sometimes are lazy.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Leigh View Post
    I work at Circuit City selling cameras, computers and I also do the work of a manager because mine sometimes are lazy.
    Doing your boss's work just as many Tech people do throughout their careers! Don't wory, the work will be noticed and you will be the boss soon enough!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog bulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nice bulldogengr's Avatar

I definitely consider it a good thing.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

haha thanks you guys!

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

I'm an intern at the Ruston Police Dept, hope to do Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Tulsa PD, or Broken Arrow PD when i graduate

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

I don't do much.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

I am a wildlife biologist with the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), part of the USDA, in Little Rock, AR. I manage the Wetlands Reserve Program (WRP), Wildlife Habitat Incentive Program (WHIP), and the Healthy Forest Reserve Program (HFRP) state wide. I help farmers retire nonproductive crop land and return it to natural habitat so we do not have to make subsidy payments on it every year.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Hey Dawgy ... seen any woodpeckers?

We probably know some of the same people -- the AR Natural Heritage Commission is housed in my department.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

I am the Controller (comptroller, whatever) of an International Paper Co. Container Plant in Dallas. I just got transferred out here a few months ago from the same job in Springhill.
    Last edited by zharkins; 08-24-2006 at 02:46 PM.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

I am a financial consultant for a large independent firm in Houma, LA. I have lots of wonderful Tech stuff hanging on the walls of my office, because I have to represent here right dab in the middle of LSU country.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Not your dad but real close!!!! I emailed him yesterday about the North Texas game. He said come on up. He also said that you and your brother were going. Joy has expressed interest in comming also. Are the tickets by seat or are they just take a seat in a general section? If they are I'd like to try to get a block. I can't let the dawgs down on this one since it means a lot and I think it will be another blowout!

No idea. Mom and Dad are in Minden. Jo had a stroke and is supposed to enter Rehab.

Should be a bunch of us. Keith, Heather, Me, Lori, Connor, Caleb, Mom, Dad, You, and your crew. We should also have a large number of fraternity brothers coming in.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogengr View Post
    Awesome!!!

+ Reply to Thread