+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints Cowboys game

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Saints Cowboys game

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawgs03 View Post
    I just kinda have this issue about being proud of where you're from. The Saints are Louisiana's team. Cheering for the Saints is an outlet for me to show my pride in my home state. And due to that fact, I unconsciously view those who have been born and raised in Louisiana and cheer for the cowboys as sellouts.
    Are the Saints Louisiana's team? That argument gives the same comparision to Saints and LSU as Cowboys and LSU. You know the "you should support your state university" argument. Why don't we Tech fans just find another team to cheer for to cancel out. Jacksonville, Tampa, Philly, Baltimore...take your pick from one of the teams that has a Tech player. Personally I am a Detroit fan. I have always loved wathing their Thanksgiving Day games and I am a Barry Sanders (and now) Roy Williams fan.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Are the Saints Louisiana's team? That argument gives the same comparision to Saints and LSU as Cowboys and LSU. You know the "you should support your state university" argument.
    WRONG JUICE. LSU is one of like 40 state Universities in this state. The New Orleans Saints are the ONLY NFL franchise in this state...thus, they are Louisiana's Team (singular).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    WRONG JUICE. LSU is one of like 40 state Universities in this state. The New Orleans Saints are the ONLY NFL franchise in this state...thus, they are Louisiana's Team (singular).
    Nope. The Saints don't give a crap about anything outside of New Orleans. They may be the only NFL team in the state but LSU is the only BCS team in the state. That is how LSU fans see it and how the convince themselves they can be both Tech and LSU fans while wondering why we hate our state enough not to support LSU.

Either way I don't care. I enjoy wathing Detroit but I don't have a team. I am tired of owners. I am tired of agents. I watch NFL for the players. And I refuse to believe any team can be the state team...especially when said team is always mentioned about possibly moving away.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

As long we don't go down this "Shreveporters pulling for Dallas is the same as Tech grads pulling for LSU" road that this conversation seems to always inevitably lead to, I'll be happy. People in Shreveport have several legitimate reasons to cheer for the Cowboys, and yes, that organization's dedication to winning football games is one of them. Why pull for a team that (a) doesn't give a rat's furry ass about your half of the state, and (b) shows absolutely no commitment to winning ballgames?

Sorry, ate the Hater Tots for a minute. Feel free to pull for the Saints. I, however, will not. And I don't want to be chastised and lumped with LSU fans because of it.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

College teams first and foremost represent an institution not a region. I have no problem with people cheering for LSU. I have a problem with people who have a closer affiliation with another comparable state institution and cheer for LSU more than his or her institution.

New Orleans is (in my opinion) Louisiana's team. Professional teams represent regions and the Saints are the only professional team in this state...so by default they are Louisiana's team. I don't care who anyone cheers for, but it does rub me the wrong way when so many north LA people cheer for the cowboys.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

The idea that New Orleans is Louisiana's team never made any sense to me. I'm not that big on geography as a rooting basis anyway, but N. Louisiana has so little in common with NO that it makes even less sense. Besides, the Saints didn't even EXIST when I started pulling for the Cowboys.

On a different note about this game, I was appalled at the ticket prices. Assuming my dad understood correctly, 100-150 a ticket and up to 50 for parking. That's an awful lot for a meaningless game. I know the NFL wants us to believe that the preseason games should be considered just as valuable as the real games, but none of us are really that stupid.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Well, I'm a "sellout". Whoop 'em BOYS!

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

OBSERVATIONS FROM A SAINTS FAN...........

1. Take Bledsoe and Glenn out of the game. They are ready for the regular season.

2. Do you think Oakes can get the Saints to agree to a "home and home". I think the dawgs can give the Saints a run for their money.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Just because the Saints don't want to play in Shreveport doesn't mean that they don't care about N. Louisiana. Shreveport is the worst sports town in the history of the world...why would anybody want to play there?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog digidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the ears digidawg87's Avatar

You might be surprised to see how many Mississippi, Alabama and even Florida license plates at a New Orleans Saints game.

Puppy Terrordome05 is an unknown

I must take offense to johnnylightnin......for 2 reasons
    1) The Saints; and I go to games regularly, up until this year did very little marketing north of Baton Rouge and west of Lafayette
    2) Look at our own school's town...if Tech starts out 1-4 we probably wont have 15k at the next game

Tell me I'm not telling the truth.....hate to say it though but as Kurt Angle says, it's true, it's d*** true.

Member of Q-Psi-Phi, home to LA Tech football legends

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

'Boys looked good!

While the Glenn catch was impressive, in my opinion the play of the day was Demarcus Ware DESTROYING Jamaal Brown en route to knocking down Brees. What a player. I appreciate line play like that.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Man did we stink it up or what!!!!!!!!!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawgs03 View Post
    College teams first and foremost represent an institution not a region. I have no problem with people cheering for LSU. I have a problem with people who have a closer affiliation with another comparable state institution and cheer for LSU more than his or her institution.

New Orleans is (in my opinion) Louisiana's team. Professional teams represent regions and the Saints are the only professional team in this state...so by default they are Louisiana's team. I don't care who anyone cheers for, but it does rub me the wrong way when so many north LA people cheer for the cowboys.
    Sorry '03. Your not going to like my gf then. She was a stoodent at Univ of Lesser Minds up until December. You can meet her at Joe Aillet Stadium in a BLUE shirt cheering on TECH. It is at that time that you may tell her how disappointed in her you are that she in not at Malone Stadium cheering on the (insert whatever name they will be that week).

As for my favorite Pro team, #1 would be whatever team that TECH players are on. My second favorite team is the team that lines up on the sidelines opposite the Dallas cowgirls. The reason?? That's my dad's favorite team!!
    Quote Originally Posted by digidawg87 View Post
    You might be surprised to see how many Mississippi, Alabama and even Florida license plates at a New Orleans Saints game.
    Then again, i'll have to add that Barksdale brings a huge variety of license plates to S'port/Bossier. I wasn't at the game, but this may just have been business as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrordome05 View Post
    2) Look at our own school's town...if Tech starts out 1-4 we probably wont have 15k at the next game
    I partially disagree. I say that if TECH goes out and gets blown out 52-7 (or something like that.), then your statement would be true. BUT!! If the DAWGS go out there, and play hard, and just end up losing late in the 4th quarter (games like 35-31, 41-37, etc.), then I think that the Joe could be ROCKIN' against Idaho (no YOU-da-hoe). It will help that this week would be Homecoming. We have a big win this week, and the rest of the season we should be ok.

But I thought Kurt Angle always said "NO I DON'T SUCK!!" That said, welcome to the board; good first post.

+ Reply to Thread