+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPod/MP3 player question

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: iPod/MP3 player question

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    I didn't say whether pirating music is right or wrong, I just said it's up to you.
    Understandable, it doesnt matter to me because I never download music. I used to when I was in HS but I never now. I use all of my CDs to get my music for my IPod. My wife goes onto Itunes and pays .99 a frekin song. Luckily, she is using her rebate card from Cingular to do it because that crap can get expensive quick.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Another option is to pay for a subscription service with a to-go option. If you are like me and sit in front of a computer and have music running most hours of the day this is a very good option. Some people are opposed to subscription services because you are renting the music. For me though, I could care less. It isn't like I have time to listen to the CD's I own now as is. I am not fretting over $60 a year to rent music. I could only buy a few CD's worth of music for that price any way ...

I pay for Yahoo Music Unlimited (I am a LAUNCH junkie and the slighly extra cost was worth it for me). It costs me $60/yr. The To go option might run me an extra $3 a month at which point I can transfer songs to a "compatible" portable device. Of those devices I have tried NONE ...

That said, the iRiver Clix seems like a pretty cool little device. Most people who have tested it rave about it and since an iPod is out of the question for my service this is the only one I would consider buying. After all, I would want to take advantage of the ability to transfer any of the songs from the catalog. Still this option only meets a certain need ... If you are only going to listen to CD's you already have or infrequently buy songs to flesh out your music collection and stick to that don't even consider a subscription service. You won't use the features making it worth having. If you consider this look at ALL of the services.

CNET iRiver Clix review

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Oh and if you listen to some really weird stuff like I do .... subscription services (all of them) are limited.

Does anyone here use last.fm to log their listening habits?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

I just bought one about 2 months ago. I enjoy it and don't really spend a lot on music. I've always been a talk radio fan, so listening to music is a new thing I've just started to enjoy. I've probably spent less than 50 bucks on itunes stuff and have over 500 songs already. I had some CD's I enjoyed that I added in there, but I got a ton of free stuff from my church's website (love singing my favorite choir songs again and again - just wish I could find more sites like that!).

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I guess I should update this. I picked up a 1 GB Sandisk player the day after Thanksgiving and LOVE IT!!! I use it all the time and it has been real helpful preparing to teach my Bible Study. The lesson material I use has a weekly commentary that I can pull down into the player and listen to while I'm working out or whatever.

Good investment and I'm glad I got it. I'll also say that I REALLY don't like iTunes!!!

Chris

Puppy linds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the ears linds_Marie's Avatar

I read this thread and I just had to throw in that I LOVE LOVE my Ipod nano... I had been wanting on for quit sometime and I think it makes the perfect workout accessory.... All you need it the little arm band and your ready to go...

And I honestly havn't had any problems with dealing with Itunes... hehe...

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I am not an iPod fan.

I much prefer the Creative line. Better sound quality, better price, and no iTunes overhead.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I am not an iPod fan.

I much prefer the Creative line. Better sound quality, better price, and no iTunes overhead.
    Where site do you use for downloads?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Where site do you use for downloads?
    I don't download anything. I just transferred all my stuff from my CDs to my computer.

I don't listen to modern crap-ass music, so this worked out well for me.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I don't download anything. I just transferred all my stuff from my CDs to my computer.

I don't listen to modern crap-ass music, so this worked out well for me.

Lum, you are becoming my favorite poster.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Lum, you are becoming my favorite poster.
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread