+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chris

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Chris

Hey, just want to start by saying, your the best. If I had the knowledge, I'd help you out as much as I could. I have a question though.

With the server problem that's been going on, I've had some posts that after hitting 'submit', the server times out or whatever, and I lose my post. I have been trying to get into the habit of keeping notepad open and copy and pasting my post on notepad before hitting 'submit' so that if the post fails, I can just paste it, and try again. I thought that this was just on my computer, but now I see that it's the same on two different computers. After I highlight the post and right-click it, I do not have the option of 'Cut' or 'Copy'. I do have 'Select All' and 'Paste'. Is this a known problem?? Is it fixable??

BTW... for those with the same problem, if you hold 'Ctrl' and hit 'C', it will copy and then you can hold 'Ctrl' and hit 'V' in notepad and it will copy and paste over. THAT DOES WORK!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: Chris

To tell you the truth, I don't know. I've never tried before now. I suspect that it is due to the quick reply box being AJAX enabled and not a true text box, but I may be wrong. I will bring it up on the vB website and see what they have to say.

Ctrl-C does work, as you mentioned as well as "Copy" from the Edit pull down.

I haven't heard from John, but the server issue should be taken care of REAL soon.

Chris

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Hey, just want to start by saying, your the best. If I had the knowledge, I'd help you out as much as I could. I have a question though.

With the server problem that's been going on, I've had some posts that after hitting 'submit', the server times out or whatever, and I lose my post. I have been trying to get into the habit of keeping notepad open and copy and pasting my post on notepad before hitting 'submit' so that if the post fails, I can just paste it, and try again. I thought that this was just on my computer, but now I see that it's the same on two different computers. After I highlight the post and right-click it, I do not have the option of 'Cut' or 'Copy'. I do have 'Select All' and 'Paste'. Is this a known problem?? Is it fixable??

BTW... for those with the same problem, if you hold 'Ctrl' and hit 'C', it will copy and then you can hold 'Ctrl' and hit 'V' in notepad and it will copy and paste over. THAT DOES WORK!
    That's a safety feature put in by Chris to keep the stupid factor down. Now that you've found a way around it, he's got more work to do.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Smartass... ... that's a good one though! I just like thinking that one or two people care about what I post. Are you one of them??

Thanks Chris for looking into it. I honestly just thought that it was more of just a "matt issue".

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Smartass... ... that's a good one though! I just like thinking that one or two people care about what I post. Are you one of them??

Thanks Chris for looking into it. I honestly just thought that it was more of just a "matt issue".
    Actually, I look forward to reading your posts. I just regret that I haven't had the pleasure to meet you yet. Maybe you can take a trip down during bball season when the Dawgs play the tiggers if I don't get the pleasure before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Actually, I look forward to reading your posts. I just regret that I haven't had the pleasure to meet you yet. Maybe you can take a trip down during bball season when the Dawgs play the tiggers if I don't get the pleasure before then.
    Wow, thanks for the compliment. You do know that I'm just a civilian and can't fix tickets... right?? I'll be a season ticket holder for Football, Baseball, and both basketballs. I'll DEFINANTLY be going to as many away games and I can. See ya "soon".

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Matt,

I got a reply from vB and forgot to post it. The problem is the browser, not the forum. The text area is actually what they call an iFrame, and IE doesn't know how the properly handle it. The problem was fixed by FireFox, but IE hasn't done it yet. If you use Firefox, you should be able to right click and get the copy function.

Chris

I'm using Flashpeak's SlimBrowser. Is there something that I can send to FlashPeak to ask about an upgrade?? Thanks for investigating this.

+ Reply to Thread