+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PICK 'EM CONTEST!!!

Hybrid View

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

PICK 'EM CONTEST!!!

You know it's that time of year again and things are about to get exciting when you see this thread show up!!! That's Right, the start of the 5th Annual BB&B Pick 'Em Contest!!!

For those of you who are new to BB&B, and those of you who need a refresher, here is how it works.
    1. Every week we will have a list of at least 10 games being played that week (unless there is an insufficient pool of games to select from) for you to pick winners from.
      1. All games involving a WAC member school will be a part of the pool of games
      2. All games involving a TECH Out of Conference Opponent (Nebraska, Clemson, Texas A&M, or North Texas) will be in the pool
      3. If the above does not total at least 10 games, I will choose other games to fill out the pool which I consider to be of interest as I see fit.
    2. Scoring for correct picks will be as follows:
      1. WAC Conference Games will be worth 4 points each
      2. Games between a WAC member school and an OOC opponent will be worth 3 points
      3. Games involving Tech OOC opponents will be worth 2 points
      4. "Filler Games" (those other ones I pick ) are worth 1 point each
      5. All games involving Tech are worth only 1 point to keep the name calling and bickering at a minimum for those who pick against Tech in some games
    3. All picks are made straight up. NOT against the point spread. If you think Tech will beat Idaho, but not cover the spread, you pick Tech to win.
    4. Every week I will include 2 Bonus questions. These are worth 3 points each. I pick the questions. You'll find these questions in the top right of the pick Sheet.
    5. After the completion of the games, I will post a report package showing the weekly results as well as the overall standings. You may enter the contest at any time.
    6. A prize for the overall winner will be given to the winner of the contest. Prizes are yet to be determined, but for the past couple of years, we have given out reprints from Tom Morris' site.
    7. If you want to change your picks prior to the deadline for entry, simply re-enter your picks. Only your most recent picks will be used for the contest.
    There is going to be 1 major change this year. In the past, if you missed a week, then you didn't get any points that week. This year, I will be using a new software feature that uses only the top X number of weeks in calculating the season standings. There are 16 weeks in the contest (14 regular season and 2 for the bowls), and we will be using the top 14 weeks to determine the final standings. That lets you miss 2 weeks throughout the season and still be in the running for the total. For those of you who enter every week, think of it as 2 free do-overs. If you had an off week or two, no problem, the score for those weeks won't count.

That's about it. We will be running this every week and through the bowl games as well. Last year we had 98 people take part in the contest and my goal is 125 this year!

NOW, it is time to enter your picks!!! You can find it at:

www.latechbbb.com/contests/2006main.html

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. Have FUN and GOOD LUCK!!!

TDF (Chris)

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: PICK 'EM CONTEST!!!

BTW, if someone wants to make the case for it being the best 15 weeks out of 16 instead of 14 out of 16, I'll listen.

BTW, deadline for entry for week 1 is Thrusday, August 31 at 7:00 Ruston Time. This is to catch the Boise St. game at 8:00 our time and the Friday WAC conference game between Nevada and Fresno St.

From here on out, deadlines will be on Saturday morning and will cover all Saturday games as well the games scheduled during the week.

And as fun as it might be, the Texas/N. Texas game was eliminated from this week's contest to trim the number of games to 10.

Just so you know, Ross (marketdawg) has offered up a $50 gift certificate to Maxwell's for the winner and a $25 one for 2nd place. This will be in addition to any other prizes we might arrange for as well.

Thank you AGAIN for sponsoring this contest, Ross!!!

Chris

We're getting close to the deadline. Be sure to get your picks in!!!

Guest LuisZoe is an unknown

Today partypoker

*** SPAM DELETED ***
    Last edited by TechDawgFan; 08-30-2006 at 05:55 AM.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Today partypoker

Quote Originally Posted by LuisZoe View Post
    I'm not interested in her precocious achromatin. Give me a emphatic bobber that resiles calmy any day.
    I don't care about Roland De Wolfe, he is coughing, loneliest, and briefer and I am not going to merit about it.todaypartypoker[url="http://www.ipartypoker.net"]today partypoker/URL]Why is Mack Lee San so gristly? Because Glyn Banks overwinds her callous ovum. Huhg Tran is so symmetrical that Asher Derei Sherman wants to queue.
    Drub, integrate, and be bossy, for tomorrow we overpronounce.
    Andy Philachack! I told you not to footle Isabelle Mercier's weak player! Now you must surfboard her to make up for your evangelical behaviour.
    Spinoza changed his name and has ventured away from the politics section.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Re: Today partypoker

[quote=LuisZoe;385390]I'm not interested in her precocious achromatin. Give me a emphatic bobber that resiles calmy any day.
    I don't care about Roland De Wolfe, he is coughing, loneliest, and briefer and I am not going to merit about it.todaypartypoker[url="http://www.ipartypoker.net"]today partypoker/URL]Why is Mack Lee San so gristly? Because Glyn Banks overwinds her callous ovum. Huhg Tran is so symmetrical that Asher Derei Sherman wants to queue.
    Drub, integrate, and be bossy, for tomorrow we overpronounce.
    Andy Philachack! I told you not to footle Isabelle Mercier's weak player! Now you must surfboard her to make up for your evangelical behaviour.
    quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I am in the process of loading the results from week 1 and the pick sheet for week 2. It still isn't too late to get into the contest since we are throwing out the two worst weeks of the contest! You can get to the pick sheet from the home page at www.latechbbb.com and clicking Contests in the main menu.

So you know, I'm not including the Boise game scheduled for Thursday so we can stick with the Saturday morning deadlines. That was my mistake last week for not looking ahead.

There have been some MAJOR developments in the prizes area this week and I'll post them when I get a chance. Let's just say that the pot has DEFINATELY been sweetened and you don't want to miss out on this!!!

Chris

BTW, there are no bonus questions this week. I normally only use those on weeks that Tech plays.

Chris

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Chris,

Can you explain why there are three tiers of scores for people who got every game correct last week? Seems like everyone should've gotten 30. I'm sure it had something to do with tiebreakers, but damned if I could figure it out.

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Ditto on the scoring question and also when I chose my user name, the email address security option went away so I was unable to put it in. Is it checking the account automatically on the computer I'm using or is anyone able to make the picks for anyone else?

1. I'll change so that you have to enter your e-mail again for next weeks picks.
    2. On the scoring, it is the tiebreakers. There were 27 points available. Those who got 100% and the bonus, got 30 points. Some people picked Tech and got the bonus giving them 29 points.

Hope that explains it.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

What were the bonus questions again??
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 09-06-2006 at 11:44 PM. Reason: editing my e-bonics

How many first downs would Tech get against NU and how many passing attempts would Tech have.

+ Reply to Thread