You know it's that time of year again and things are about to get exciting when you see this thread show up!!! That's Right, the start of the 5th Annual BB&B Pick 'Em Contest!!!

For those of you who are new to BB&B, and those of you who need a refresher, here is how it works.
  1. Every week we will have a list of at least 10 games being played that week (unless there is an insufficient pool of games to select from) for you to pick winners from.
    1. All games involving a WAC member school will be a part of the pool of games
    2. All games involving a TECH Out of Conference Opponent (Nebraska, Clemson, Texas A&M, or North Texas) will be in the pool
    3. If the above does not total at least 10 games, I will choose other games to fill out the pool which I consider to be of interest as I see fit.
  2. Scoring for correct picks will be as follows:
    1. WAC Conference Games will be worth 4 points each
    2. Games between a WAC member school and an OOC opponent will be worth 3 points
    3. Games involving Tech OOC opponents will be worth 2 points
    4. "Filler Games" (those other ones I pick ) are worth 1 point each
    5. All games involving Tech are worth only 1 point to keep the name calling and bickering at a minimum for those who pick against Tech in some games
  3. All picks are made straight up. NOT against the point spread. If you think Tech will beat Idaho, but not cover the spread, you pick Tech to win.
  4. Every week I will include 2 Bonus questions. These are worth 3 points each. I pick the questions. You'll find these questions in the top right of the pick Sheet.
  5. After the completion of the games, I will post a report package showing the weekly results as well as the overall standings. You may enter the contest at any time.
  6. A prize for the overall winner will be given to the winner of the contest. Prizes are yet to be determined, but for the past couple of years, we have given out reprints from Tom Morris' site.
  7. If you want to change your picks prior to the deadline for entry, simply re-enter your picks. Only your most recent picks will be used for the contest.
There is going to be 1 major change this year. In the past, if you missed a week, then you didn't get any points that week. This year, I will be using a new software feature that uses only the top X number of weeks in calculating the season standings. There are 16 weeks in the contest (14 regular season and 2 for the bowls), and we will be using the top 14 weeks to determine the final standings. That lets you miss 2 weeks throughout the season and still be in the running for the total. For those of you who enter every week, think of it as 2 free do-overs. If you had an off week or two, no problem, the score for those weeks won't count.

That's about it. We will be running this every week and through the bowl games as well. Last year we had 98 people take part in the contest and my goal is 125 this year!

NOW, it is time to enter your picks!!! You can find it at:

www.latechbbb.com/contests/2006main.html

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. Have FUN and GOOD LUCK!!!

TDF (Chris)