+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's a small world

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

It's a small world

I was having a beer with my neighbor the other night on his back poarch discussing what a good neighborhood we have and how lucky we are to have such good neighbors. He knew that I was from Louisiana and went to school there and said that he has met some real good people from north Louisiana. I told him that is the nature of people from that neck of the woods. He asked me where I went to school. I proudly replied La Tech. He proceeded to ask me if I knew Joe Hinton. My reply was that I don't know him but I know of him as he is a legend at La Tech. He then told me of vacationing with Joe (please excuse my use of his first name without knowing the man personally). He said they met on the CB radio going to a ski resort in New Mexico. Joe being a friendly guy asked him over for dinner at their place when they got settled in. The story by my neighbor went on to tell of several years where they made plans to have both parties meet the same time each year at this ski resort and the really good times they had while there. He also said the Joe invited him to Ruston several times but he couldn/t make it due to work and travel. I guess that Tech people have and will continue to make impressions on and off the field. It made me feel good that my neighbor thought so highly of a fellow alum and a legend to boot!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: It's a small world

Damn, if this guy will eat and play with Joe...he'll eat and play with damned near anything!

I'm joking..Joe's AOK but is one helluva character!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

He also talked about some others that were with Joe but he couldn't remember their names. All he said was that one called himself the preacher, another was a politician, and yet another was in a C&W band. He told me how they went to some bar and kicked the band off the stage and went up there and played all night while the hired band sat and drank. It sounded like they had a blast.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Joe's not known for being timid or shy!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread