+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LPB Public Square

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Football LPB Public Square

Did anyone happen to catch Public square on LPB last night(wed) while they were disscussing University academics and athletics?

I only got to see the last five minutes of the show, but most of the commentary was given by Sally Clausen, Skip Bertman, and Pokey (LSPOO womens BB coach). It was obvious that this was an LSPOO tilted show even though they did mention some of the other Universities in the state.

The context of the show seemed to be "What does athletics do for our state Universities", they also posted a survey on the web that ask questions about ahtletics, among other things. The survey(http://www.lpb.org/programs/LApublicsquare/survey.cfm) asked questions about LSPOO athletics, then asked questions about all other Universities as a whole. Take a look and let them know of your displeasure that LSPOO apparently is considered the university and the rest of Schools are considered all other.

I am not a big fan of LPB by no means and I hate to even give them any recognition or acknowledgement. I just happened to catch it when I was channel surfing.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LPB Public Square

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Did anyone happen to catch Public square on LPB last night(wed) while they were disscussing University academics and athletics?

I only got to see the last five minutes of the show, but most of the commentary was given by Sally Clausen, Skip Bertman, and Pokey (LSPOO womens BB coach). It was obvious that this was an LSPOO tilted show even though they did mention some of the other Universities in the state.

The context of the show seemed to be "What does athletics do for our state Universities", they also posted a survey on the web that ask questions about ahtletics, among other things. The survey(http://www.lpb.org/programs/LApublicsquare/survey.cfm) asked questions about LSPOO athletics, then asked questions about all other Universities as a whole. Take a look and let them know of your displeasure that LSPOO apparently is considered the university and the rest of Schools are considered all other.

I am not a big fan of LPB by no means and I hate to even give them any recognition or acknowledgement. I just happened to catch it when I was channel surfing.
    I likewise saw about the last 5 minutes. Thanks for including the survey.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I likewise saw about the last 5 minutes. Thanks for including the survey.
    Interesting survey to say the least. The best, yet not surprising part, was the fact that almost twice as many people would rather thier kid win a basically worhless Heisman Trophy than do something to change the world and win a Nobel Prize. Many that took the survey probably dont even know what a Nobel Prize is. It would be awesome to win either, but come on guys. This makes us look like plain, white trash.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

I thought it was very odd looking at the statistics that every person that took the survey was a white male.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Do you think sports programs at LSU are more like professional sports or amateur sports?
    How can you answer the above question with a "yes" or "no"???
    Go Tech!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Interesting survey to say the least. The best, yet not surprising part, was the fact that almost twice as many people would rather thier kid win a basically worhless Heisman Trophy than do something to change the world and win a Nobel Prize. Many that took the survey probably dont even know what a Nobel Prize is. It would be awesome to win either, but come on guys. This makes us look like plain, white trash.
    Winning the Heisman is not worthless. Jason White, former OU QB draws down 5 grand for a 4-hour appearance. He recently appeared at one of our Company functions and he told me he was making $12,000-$20,000 PER MONTH.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    Do you think sports programs at LSU are more like professional sports or amateur sports?
    How can you answer the above question with a "yes" or "no"???
    yea, there were a couple of questions like that. Kinda "odd".

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

I have not looked at the survey, but i did see about the first 10 mins of the show. Research was performed by LSU public opinion something I think is what they said. It was obviously geared toward lsu. What I saw at the beginning was they were asking if the state should give money to fund athletics. Then they proceeded to announce that lsu is the only university that stayed in the black as far as athletics is concerned. It wouldn't have bothered me if an INDEPENDENT research firm did this, but it was lsu and they were clearly trying to make themselves look good. Where were all the people from in the Public Square??? Notice they didn't say where the people were from. I'm sure they were from the BR area and most had ties to lsu.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Winning the Heisman is not worthless. Jason White, former OU QB draws down 5 grand for a 4-hour appearance. He recently appeared at one of our Company functions and he told me he was making $12,000-$20,000 PER MONTH.
    Well, I was more referring to the fact that the Nobel Prize means that you probably did something groundbreaking on a global scale, whereas the Heisman means you were great at football in the US. Winning the Heisman can be lucrative, but that isnt what worth I was referring to.

+ Reply to Thread