+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can Tech win the Nat'l Championship in NCAA '07

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Can Tech win the Nat'l Championship in NCAA '07

So I have NCAA '07 for PS2 and I have been playing the Campus Legend thing. I made myself the QB and have not lost yet. Freshmen year we started ranked #93 I think, went 13-0 after defeating LSU in the Sugar Bowl and finished the season at #10. Sophmore year we started #37 I think, went 13-0, defeated Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl, and finished the season at #6. Just started my junior season and we started the season at #19. I am wondering if anybody has played with Tech and actually won a national championship before graduating in the Campus Legend mode. I have won 2 Heisman's, 2 Maxwell's, 2 BCS Bowl games, etc. but I want a championship before I graduate.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Can Tech win the Nat'l Championship in NCAA '07

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    So I have NCAA '07 for PS2 and I have been playing the Campus Legend thing. I made myself the QB and have not lost yet. Freshmen year we started ranked #93 I think, went 13-0 after defeating LSU in the Sugar Bowl and finished the season at #10. Sophmore year we started #37 I think, went 13-0, defeated Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl, and finished the season at #6. Just started my junior season and we started the season at #19. I am wondering if anybody has played with Tech and actually won a national championship before graduating in the Campus Legend mode. I have won 2 Heisman's, 2 Maxwell's, 2 BCS Bowl games, etc. but I want a championship before I graduate.
    Nope. Not yet atleast. I haven't played mine in about a week (I am to senior year) and the highest I have been ranked at the end of the year is 7.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

What is the highest you have begun the year ranked? I am hoping I get this before I graduate. In Dynasty, I could force the teams ahead of me to lose, but not in the Legend mode.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

What is the highest you have begun the year ranked? I am hoping I get this before I graduate. In Dynasty, I could force the teams ahead of me to lose, but not in the Legend mode.
    My senior year at the start of the season I am ranked somewhere between 15-20.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster

So I am about halfway through my junior season and I have made it up to #5 ranking. Unfortunately, I don't think the schools in front of me are going to lose. I just need 3 more losses and I will be in the top 2 and play for the National Championship. The WAC schedule is killing me. I think I have played 3 team that are ranked below 100. If I was in a BCS conference, I would already be in the top 2. Anybody know if you get invites to change conferences like in the past games.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

So I am about halfway through my junior season and I have made it up to #5 ranking. Unfortunately, I don't think the schools in front of me are going to lose. I just need 3 more losses and I will be in the top 2 and play for the National Championship. The WAC schedule is killing me. I think I have played 3 team that are ranked below 100. If I was in a BCS conference, I would already be in the top 2. Anybody know if you get invites to change conferences like in the past games.
    You do get invites to move conferences, but only in the dynasty mode. Also, in the dynasty mode you can change your non-conference schedule. Basically in order to move up you have to schedule all top 10 or top 15 teams for your non-conference games so you can offset the weak WAC conference (or at least the bottom teams). You can't change your schedule in the campus legend mode and that holds you back.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster

Yeah,

I am into my senior season now and I am ranked in the top 10 so I have to hope for some loses and hopefully get into the top 2 and win the national championship.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I was ranked #2 going into the Conference Championships. Va Tech won it's conference title game an leapfroged TECH and Notre Dame to play Iowa in the BcS title game. That dropped me all the way to the playing #9 Arizona State in the Fiesta Bowl. Kinda crappy... but oh well. I'm starting 2010 in the #10 spot.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Just wanted to say that I achieved something in this game last night that I have never, ever done, and I've played every installment since '01.

After the 2010 season, Louisiana Tech recieved 18 5 star recruits. 6 4 star ones as well.

I've never had that many 5 star's. I was very impressed with my recruiting skills.

Note that I run a very dirty program. I've got no time to deal with the NCAA.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

You don't get to recruit in Campus Legend mode do you? Those pre-season rankings are all about player rankings I think (sadly, one of the game's more realistic features - right down to the way it affects the national title game).
    Last edited by inudesu; 03-03-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Finished my campus legend mode with no national championship. Had 3 heismans and no losses in four years (came back for senior campaign). I guess you have to redshirt your player and play 5 years for Tech to win a national championship.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    Finished my campus legend mode with no national championship. Had 3 heismans and no losses in four years (came back for senior campaign). I guess you have to redshirt your player and play 5 years for Tech to win a national championship.
    Still not likely in Campus Legend mode.

You'll remain in the WAC the entire time, and it'd be virtually impossible for your pre-season ranking to be above 10 or so.

You'd have to have a TON of 1 loss teams, and maybe even some 2 lossers. It's sheer luck.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

One thing I do to help get to the NC game is schedule the top 4 or 5 preseason choices as OOC games. Beat them and you have a leg up on winning the NC. Also, most times I make them come to JAS for a money game.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

But you can't do this in legend mode, right? I think that is the question.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    But you can't do this in legend mode, right? I think that is the question.

Opps!

+ Reply to Thread