+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Nagin, what a jack a..

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Ray Nagin, what a jack a..

"That’s alright. You guys in New York can’t get a hole in the ground fixed and it’s five years later. So let’s be fair."
    Nagin made the remarks in an interview conducted by CBS News National Correspondent Byron Pitts which will be broadcast on 60 Minutes, Sunday, Aug. 27, at 7 p.m. EDT.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1933092.shtml

Watch the video on the right.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Re: Ray Nagin, what a jack a..

And you wonder why New Orleans has the problems that it has. They remind me of Louisiana Tech Athletics. A great thing, with weak leadership.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

He definitely should have said it in a much much much MUCH more sensitive manner.

But when hundreds of thousands of people were displaced over three states, dealing with thousands of individual property owners and their individual insurance companies, 1 year is definitely not a lot of time when compared to NYC having to rebuild only 1 city block.

Now, I'm not saying NYC *should* have it rebuilt by now, I'm just saying that expecting New Orleans to be rebuilt by now is just as crazy. Almost as crazy as Ray

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I guess we will hear the context of the statement tonight, but the cut I heard had them asking Nagin about the abandoned vehicles when he made the reply. No excuse for abandoned vehicles still being scattered. They are scrap.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    He definitely should have said it in a much much much MUCH more sensitive manner.

But when hundreds of thousands of people were displaced over three states, dealing with thousands of individual property owners and their individual insurance companies, 1 year is definitely not a lot of time when compared to NYC having to rebuild only 1 city block.

Now, I'm not saying NYC *should* have it rebuilt by now, I'm just saying that expecting New Orleans to be rebuilt by now is just as crazy. Almost as crazy as Ray
    It was taken a little out of context, but I have to admit that I don't blame him that much for saying it. I get sick of hearing that the city should have been rebuilt by now, as well. Don't know if I wouldn't have said the same thing.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quite frankly, for various reasons, I don't care if they ever rebuild that cesspool. While I don't like the fact that Baton Rouge has grown so large, I can't deny that it will only help business.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Quite frankly, for various reasons, I don't care if they ever rebuild that cesspool. While I don't like the fact that Baton Rouge has grown so large, I can't deny that it will only help business.
    I know that there are some that do not like New Orleans, but it is a National treasure and draws people from all over the world. I am biased, because I LOVE New Orleans, but just looking at the bigger picture, most people can't deny what it means to Louisiana and this country.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    That cesspool brings in many millions of tourism dollars that eventually find their way up to Baton Rouge and eventually into Mieneke. You might want to reevaluate your thinking.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    That cesspool brings in many millions of tourism dollars that eventually find their way up to Baton Rouge and eventually into Mieneke. You might want to reevaluate your thinking.

You're an idiot. That cesspool doesn't bring me any tourism money. You have no idea who my customer base is.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Whatever happens or doesn't happen in New Orleans effects you in some way whether you are too stupid to realize that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    Whatever happens or doesn't happen in New Orleans effects you in some way whether you are too stupid to realize that or not.
    Actually you are the one who must be too stupid to realize I already addressed that in my previous post about the surge in the population of Baton Rouge. I already acknowledged the fact that the New Orleanians who were displaced to the Baton Rouge area is good for my business. You need to learn to read instead of being so eager to argue all the time. As a refresher, here's my previous post. I even copy and pasted it slower to give you time to comprehend what I was saying. Make sure you read it slowly. Oh wait, I forgot to use simple words for you. Oh well, see if you have dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydawg

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

LOL (for you Dawgbitten) on the idiots in BR being able to help a small business person. They are so obviously ANTI business.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I know that there are some that do not like New Orleans, but it is a National treasure and draws people from all over the world. I am biased, because I LOVE New Orleans, but just looking at the bigger picture, most people can't deny what it means to Louisiana and this country.
    I've just about had a belly full of the entitlement mentality that has just perpetuated for the last year. Somewhere in the last week, I've had ENOUGH of the whole New Orleans thing. I'd like to see a little initiative myself out of those people. I'm sick of reading story after story of people who have lived with the government handing them stuff and even in the face of the disaster and being set up somewhere else they don't even try to find work. Enough already.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anya-k...l?p=3#comments

Actually, this article and the Washington Post article attempting to make Baton Rouge look like a bunch of racists that probably really turned my stomach....that along w/ Mayor Nagin's continued attitude/comments.

Baton Rouge people gave tirelessly for months and most of the year to help these folks. Jokes on us I guess. They want us to continue for the rest of their natural born lives - at least a large quantity do.

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    I've just about had a belly full of the entitlement mentality that has just perpetuated for the last year. Somewhere in the last week, I've had ENOUGH of the whole New Orleans thing. I'd like to see a little initiative myself out of those people. I'm sick of reading story after story of people who have lived with the government handing them stuff and even in the face of the disaster and being set up somewhere else they don't even try to find work. Enough already.

...but Markay, that IS the culture NO will miss so much. They are voters pure and simple. Blanco, Sister Mary, and other state wide Dems. need them. They won't actually help them, but they do desperately need them.

+ Reply to Thread