+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Hunting

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Duck Hunting

How about it duck hunters. Let's use this site to report oour hunting/scoouting trips . Ex: # of ducks killed/seen, location, date, time. This can help us better gauge when the flight is on as many of us have a limited # of days to hunt and this info can help us detirmine when to get after 'em.

I'll make the first entry...August 20, dawn, Elm Grove LA just off the red river (15 miles south of Bossier), lots of Greenwing Teal already down, saw 75-100 on our ponds and on some ponds adjoining the river. Friends say they have seen better #'s of teal on river than in years past. Little Nenoch area on Red River and some good #'s on the oxbows near port.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: Duck Hunting

marketdawg

I'd be careful, there is a new duck gang out there on the prowel. They captured some video on this site
    Go to this site below and click on the link just below the words
    "This is a free funny mpg from your Society about duck hunting".

http://www.archeryinfo.info/CrossbowHistoryA.html
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Went to Waldeburg, AR yesterday to replace floor in our camp, the job was a lot more than we thought. No water to speak of and saw no ducks. It will be interesting to see what happens this year. Will keep you updated as the season gets here. Good luck to all.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Happy hunting to all! I remember a lot of Advanced Linear Algebra classes cancelled by Prof. Gilbert during duck hunting season.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

9/10/06 Saw more teal on the Red River this AM than ever before. Truly unbelievable. I put a lot of thought into it and figured out why. Toledo Bend, which historically holds the lions share of birds this time of the year in the western part of the state is lower than it's EVER BEEN. The birds have been forced over our way..which explains why our slough and the river has been loaded with teal. Hopefuly I can get after them when teal season opens..gotta check my "brownie points total" with the missus.

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Got a report today that our fields are flooded and holding ducks in northeastern arkansas. We are working on a Tech duck hunt to be held out of Memphis in January. Anybody interested?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Easydawg View Post
    Got a report today that our fields are flooded and holding ducks in northeastern arkansas. We are working on a Tech duck hunt to be held out of Memphis in January. Anybody interested?
    Yes, I'd like to hear more.

I'm interested...there wouldn't be any beer drinking (post hunt) involved would there??

Big Grin Re: Duck Hunting

January 13 and 14th. The blinds are about 1 1/2 from Downtown Memphis. Trying to get this together as a fundraiser with the Athletic Department or Alumni Association. I have lined up blinds and/or flooded timber, depending on where the ducks are during that time. Still working on the hotel, but seem to be working on a deal. Have a small something on Friday night, Jan 12. A dinner with Saturday night, post hunt . Hunt again on Sunday morning. Hopefully an announcement will be forthcoming within 2 weeks. We have to have a least 20 people (can hold go up to about 40 most likely), hopefully this will be sucessful and just another way to get together, show our support, raise a little money and have some fun, as we can not hold a golf tournament in January. We already have about 10 firm,

This area is some of the best duck hunting (as long as ducks are down) probably anywhere in the South. I was over there today, fields are flooded and ducks are in the area.
    Last edited by Easydawg; 10-28-2006 at 05:57 PM.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

January 13 and 14th. The blinds are about 1 1/2 from Downtown Memphis. Trying to get this together as a fundraiser with the Athletic Department or Alumni Association. I have lined up blinds and/or flooded timber, depending on where the ducks are during that time. Still working on the hotel, but seem to be working on a deal. Have a small something on Friday night, Jan 12. A dinner with Saturday night, post hunt . Hunt again on Sunday morning. Hopefully an announcement will be forthcoming within 2 weeks. We have to have a least 20 people (can hold go up to about 40 most likely), hopefully this will be sucessful and just another way to get together, show our support, raise a little money and have some fun, as we can not hold a golf tournament in January. We already have about 10 firm,

This area is some of the best duck hunting (as long as ducks are down) probably anywhere in the South. I was over there today, fields are flooded and ducks are in the area.

If you can line up Bicknell and Oakes in case the ducks don't show, I'd bet you have a waiting list at whatever price you asked.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Molicy Farms is wrapped up with teal.

Geese making their way into the area. Lots of mallards that stayed over during the winter but no new mallards yet.

Black Bayou is covered in wood ducks - i think the state must have put hundereds of wood duck boxes out.

Little Missouri area has no action yet - I would not pay to hunt there this year after the last few years have proven dissapointing.

The new lake in Delhi is pulling a large amount of birds off the miss flyway - if you get a chance to hunt anywhere in that area you are almost guaranteed a limit.

Lots of property of highway 15 south of monroe is leased out this year - we'll see - that stretch always seems hit or miss.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Give us an idea of the cost, license and all.

We are getting things more and more lined up. 2 days of hunting (Saturday and Sunday) should be around $300, plus the license. Arkansas Non-Resident 5 day small game $55, AR duck stamp $20 + Federal Duck Stamp $15. Not sure yet on accomodations, meals, etc. We have to travel each morning a little over an 1 to 1 1/2 hours. This will be to raise money for Tech and give us an outing in January.

More to come as the plans firm up

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Just a little update on the migration. I have heard/seen several groups of geese coming over ruston the last few days, mainly today. Won't be long now.

Puppy cocodrieman is an unknown

Post Re: Duck Hunting

I am an old duck hunter (in evrey sense) and would like to get involved in this event. Please contact me with details of how to do that. I am a little familiar with E Ark hunting and a lot with N La creeks from the '60's and more recently.

We are getting things more and more lined up. 2 days of hunting (Saturday and Sunday) should be around $300, plus the license. Arkansas Non-Resident 5 day small game $55, AR duck stamp $20 + Federal Duck Stamp $15. Not sure yet on accomodations, meals, etc. We have to travel each morning a little over an 1 to 1 1/2 hours. This will be to raise money for Tech and give us an outing in January.

More to come as the plans firm up

+ Reply to Thread