+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Duck Hunting

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: Duck Hunting

It might be nice if whoever comes to Memphis to represent Tech would bring some of those camo Tech caps advertised on the team shop Web site to sell to the hunters. It would be nice for people to be seen wearing those wherever they go that weekend and wherever they hunt later!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Cocodrie, did you find your photo on the photoblog at the bottom of this Web site?

Casey and his baseball pals have been getting some ducks lately, but said the mallards are scarce where they hunted within driving distance of Ruston.

I can only dream of paddling my father through the woods at Russell Sage when the rivers were at full flood stage and seeing mallards swimming parallel to us only 35 yards away but finding shots almost impossible because they always jumped behind trees and the trees were always extremely thick. Sure we got a limit. But the sky seemed like the limit with all those mallards sharing the woods with us.

That was the pirogue pictured in the back of the truck. I sold it for less than it was worth in LR around 1988. The smart move was selling the electric pirogue to the federall game warden at the White River Refuge. I was getting soft from not paddling and he needed it to sneak up on people like us!

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Okay, I am back in the real world now and hoe to answer everybody's questions by the end of the day, maybe tonight as I also have to do some actual work today. I have been duck and deer hunting all week with a Thanksgiving dinner and a Tech ballgame thrown in the past week. Duck hunting was pretty good on teh 18th and 19th and then moved my attention to the deer in north louisiana. One 6 point was not lucky enough to make it by me so I now have meat in the freezer.

Easy

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cocodrieman View Post
    Regarding the CHAMPS hunt in Jan, are there some alternate choices available for housing? I have access to free housing inear Jacksonville, Ark, and would like to avoid the Memphis hotel cost. Admittedly, the camaraderie of the larger group would be missed but that could be made up for by seeing a lot of ducks! Of course, if it is really important to keep the group together for the sake of hunt organization, this idea can be ditched.

If you need a map to the blinds, we can get you one. Feel free to stay where ever you want.

Michael, it would help to get a map or directions for the area in case that turns out best for me. I simply may not be able to leave until midnight Friday night and go straight there to hunt. They hate giving me Friday night off because I usually edit Sunday and Monday stories that night along with Saturday copy.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

CLOBBERED the ducks Fri AM and Sunday PM just off the Red River in South Bossier parish. It was a good first split with lots of big ducks that worked very well for us....looking forward to a break though, this hunting then working all day afterwards can wear a fellow out.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

We are working on our headcount for the Memphis CHAMPS duck hunt. The $75 deposit doesn't have to be in until 12/31.

But if you know you are going to participate, send me a note with your name and contact info.

We want to make certain we have the blinds we need for the group. We can easily accomodate up to 40 hunters.

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

I got a little prize on the last day of the first split.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Is it that wedding ring on your finger...yeah...sometimes duck hunters forget they're married until after the first split is over. Don't worry, it's happened to all of us before.:icon_wink:
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Is it that wedding ring on your finger...yeah...sometimes duck hunters forget they're married until after the first split is over. Don't worry, it's happened to all of us before.:icon_wink:
    I know we have a section for this, but your comment reminded me of this story...

A guy get's up at 4:00am to go hunting leaving his wife asleep in the bed. He goes to the kitchen, looks out the window and sees it pouring down rain. He waits around for about 15 mins. and the rain slacks off. He makes a dash to his truck, but the rain comes back in sheets, so he comes back in the house to wait some more. Again he waits another 15 minutes or so, the rain slacks off and he makes another run to his truck. Same thing...the rain comes back stronger. After going in and out the door several times he finally gives up. He goes back to his bedroom, undresses, climbs in bed, and snuggles up to his wife. She says, "Thank goodness you finally made it, I thought he would NEVER leave."

Just heard the promo online radio for the duck hunt during the game!

+ Reply to Thread