+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any runners out there?

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Any runners out there?

I know there are a few, I just don't remember who you are.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Re: Any runners out there?

Jeff Galloway would say I'm only a jogger, but I'm trying to work up to runner. I usually run/walk ~15 miles a week. I do the occasional 5k around here in Austin and plan to do the 1/2 Freescale next year.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

HELL YEAH!!!!

Just got done with 4.13 before work this morning. May do a 6 tonight since the weather is nice.

Planning on doing the full Freescale this season, AustinDawg. I'll give you a holler when I make it up there.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I usually average about 20-25 miles a week. My BTE in a 5K is 21:28 (I usually average 23ish so I'm not real fast. If I hear that there is a limited amount of beer at the finish then I run much faster! Saw Austin at the triathlon here in Shreveport and he was moving pretty fast!!! I am in a Sunday AM running/Import Beer Tasting group. We sponsor the annual (14 years and counting) Shreveport Barathlon (7 bars in 7.5 miles) with a big cookout at the finish line at The Cub here in Shreveport as well as The Fall Crawl Costume Ball where we run in Halloween costumes to 5 different bars in town. Let me know if you want in. Maxwell's Market Michelob Milers...Drinkers With A Running Problem.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Marketdawg, you should try the Crescent City Pub Crawl. 6.4 miles, 6 bars. Hit an Andygator at each one and you have better tolerance than I. That's the only 10K I haven't finished.

We run about the same times, btw. If I'm ever running in North LA, I'll give you a PM.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I USED to run and bike a LOT!!! Averaged about 20 miles/wk running, around 200 - 250 miles/wk biking, and a couple miles/wk swimming. But that was a lot of years, pounds, and 2 kids ago. At that time, my PR was 16:36 for a 5K and around 32:45 for a 10K. I'm just now getting back to some running and am getting between 15-20 miles/wk during lunch or in the evening. I'll pick the bike back up this spring. I'm hoping to get back around the 23-24 minute mark for a 5K this fall. If I did one right now, it would probably be around 27 or 28.

We'll have to hook up at one of the runs this fall or winter, Ross. I could use someone to pace me toward my mark. Of course, at that pace at this particular time, don't expect a lot of conversation. I'll probably be sucking a lot of wind and trying my best not to DIE!

Chris

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    Marketdawg, you should try the Crescent City Pub Crawl. 6.4 miles, 6 bars. Hit an Andygator at each one and you have better tolerance than I. That's the only 10K I haven't finished.

We run about the same times, btw. If I'm ever running in North LA, I'll give you a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    I USED to run and bike a LOT!!! Averaged about 20 miles/wk running, around 200 - 250 miles/wk biking, and a couple miles/wk swimming. But that was a lot of years, pounds, and 2 kids ago. At that time, my PR was 16:36 for a 5K and around 32:45 for a 10K. I'm just now getting back to some running and am getting between 15-20 miles/wk during lunch or in the evening. I'll pick the bike back up this spring. I'm hoping to get back around the 23-24 minute mark for a 5K this fall. If I did one right now, it would probably be around 27 or 28.

We'll have to hook up at one of the runs this fall or winter, Ross. I could use someone to pace me toward my mark. Of course, at that pace at this particular time, don't expect a lot of conversation. I'll probably be sucking a lot of wind and trying my best not to DIE!

Chris
    Sounds good guys...just give me a shout and we'll try not to expire on our run. I've got some nice routes through South Highlands/Broadmoor and if you ever want to run with my Sunday A.M. group you are more than welcome.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

If I can get back into the swing of things this fall I might be able to join in. I had my knee scoped a little over a year ago and I haven't trained much since.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

My cycling and swimming has gotten in the way of my running this summer. It is just too damn hot to run right now! I think I ran 5 miles last week and have 4 for this week.

Anyway, I believe I am going to skip White Rock this year and run Austin as well. Plan on running the half down in Shreveport in November. I also think I will run that Big Dog trail run in Ruston before the Fresno game. That is a fun race.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I occasionally run in some 5ks. My my PR is 21:02.

I compete in an occasional triathlon (Sunrise, Hidden Paradise, River Cities). My bike is 20 years old which kills me. At least that's my excuse.

I've been lazy the past few weeks and have gotten out of shape. I'm gonna kick it back into gear once school starts though.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Have no idea what a "PR" is, but it was an exceptionally beautiful morning this morning to run. I don't think my PR was very good, but I enjoyed it.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

PR = Personal Record

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Any of you runners up for the Big Dog trail run before the Fresno game in November? 10 mile trail run out at LPP. We can have a BBB friendly competition to see who is the fastest trail runner on BBB. RX took the title last year. He needs to be dethroned!

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Austindawg, Dawgbitten,

I want my Runtex Forum back. Damn that Marshall dude.

Its a good thing we don't have a "Marshall" around here.

Bulldog Churchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the rough Churchlady's Avatar

Mr. Dad, You should watch your language young man or else Churchlady will lace up her shoes, put on her running dress, and start kicking some asphalt!

----------"Mr. Burt Rules"---------------

+ Reply to Thread