+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruston's New Fire Truck

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Re: Ruston's New Fire Truck

The LPFD was created in 1991. Dubach & Simsboro had their own depts. Ruston covered everything else. It could take Ruston 20-30 minutes to get to a fire and they might could only send 2-3 people, so the house would burn up usually anyway. There are now 4 depts. in Lincoln Parish: LPFD, Choudrant, Grambling, and Ruston. Choudrant and Grambling did not want to be under the LPFD.

So now Ruston, just covers Ruston, and the LPFD covers everything else except Grambling. We are automatic mutal aid for Choudrant, which means we help them on everything they have. We help Ruston and Grambling on a call-in basis if they need us they can request help.

It takes a lot of people to fight a big fire. I think we average 25 people per structure fire. Ruston has about 10-13 people on each shift. I am not sure but I think Grambling has one person everyday full-time and the rest that go to their fires are their volunteers.

I think LPFD is the largest fire district in the state. Most parish fire depts. are broken up into different districts or wards, we aren't. We have people trained in HazMat, confined space, rope rescue, USAR, trench rescue, car extrication and probably more.

Currently, Ruston does all HazMat and rescue in the parish. That contract is up December 31 I believe. It is highly possible that the parish will take that over which will free up manpower at Ruston. If you want to know more got to http://www.lpfd.lincolnparish.org/

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

More photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

more
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Can't wait to see this thing cruisin' around Ruston and in parades!!!

This is it! They will probably add more decals to it, but I am not positive. They picked it up on Friday I believe.

http://www.ferrarafire.com/apparatus...orms/3297.html

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Big Grin Re: Ruston's New Fire Truck

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    This is it! They will probably add more decals to it, but I am not positive. They picked it up on Friday I believe.

http://www.ferrarafire.com/apparatus...orms/3297.html

Dang, that puts champion's 50 incher to shame!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I saw it driving down Tech dr. saturday and it looked awesome!!!

I haven't seen it in person yet....They have been doing driver training on it this weekend. I would like to know how close the colors are to REAL Tech BLUE and RED. The pics on the web don't look like the right colors.

They are close, but no cigar... It is fire truck red and a brighter blue than our reflex blue. The pictures are detailed enough to give justice to the colors... What you see there is what we have.

Still looks G-R-E-A-T though!

And don't get too much into the colors, different things look different. No color matches across all fields. Our reflex blue looks different on everything it touches - shirts, hats, shoes, walls, etc. - everything.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Dang, that puts champion's 50 incher to shame!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Be really cool if it can transform into a robot

Varsity Bulldog digidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the ears digidawg87's Avatar

Saw the truck today and thought the colors were really close. Many thanks to the Ruston Fire Department.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Did they end up putting the state T on it??

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Be really cool if it can transform into a robot

Umm....I hope Optimus Prime doesn't raise the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Did they end up putting the state T on it??
    I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know. The picture was taken at the manufacturing facility and some departments don't let them put on all of the decals because it is too expensive. They can bring the truck to a decal shop here and get it done much cheaper.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    Umm....I hope Optimus Prime doesn't raise the ladder.

I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know. The picture was taken at the manufacturing facility and some departments don't let them put on all of the decals because it is too expensive. They can bring the truck to a decal shop here and get it done much cheaper.
    Come on now, I've seen it twice myself, and you call yourself a fireman. In fact I saw it with your brother yesterday.

JFord
    Last edited by jford; 01-03-2007 at 10:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread