+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Political pump prices?????

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Political pump prices?????

Could it be only a supply and demand coincidence......

That the price of gasoline is now demonstrating an interesting and curious "downward trend", with only a couple of months to go before the the next national election?

It seems just a tad too mysterious to me that all of those bogeyman scenarios that have supposedly been steadily driving up gas prices (and big oil profits) since the last national election, now appear to be conveniently melting away in a timely manner, with both the house and senate up for grabs in early November.

Could this be somehow tied to "the end of the summer driving season"......? What a joke!

Or is the time simply RIPE for another little george/big dick/BIG OIL, three-card monte ploy...... With the distinct probability of common Americans eventually paying an even more profitable five dollars a gallon to get back and forth to work...... Long before little george and big dick exit their NO CONGESSIONAL OVERSIGHT republican whitehouse?
    Last edited by Spinoza; 07-29-2008 at 08:28 PM.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Re: Political pump prices?????

Don't forget that Bush and Cheney killed Kennedy, too.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    Could it be only a supply and demand coincidence......

That the price of gasoline is now demonstrating an interesting and curious "downward trend", with only a couple of months to go before the the next national election?

It seems just a tad too mysterious to me that all of those bogeyman scenarios that have supposedly been steadily driving up gas prices (and big oil profits) since the last national election, now appear to be conveniently melting away in a timely manner, with both the house and senate up for grabs in early November.

Could this be somehow tied to "the end of the summer driving season"......? What a joke!

Or is the time simply RIPE for another little george/big dick/BIG OIL, three-card monte ploy...... With the distict probability of common Americans eventually paying an even more profitable five dollars a gallon to get back and forth to work...... Long before little george and big dick exit their NO CONGESSIONAL OVERSIGHT republican whitehouse?
    Personally...... I honestly believed that this politically convenient "downward trend" in gas prices was politically due to start at least a month ago.

But these guys are true professionals...... With virtually unlimited amounts of BIG OIL DOLLARS to spend as they wax content while wading in profit, and conclude with greedy precision the precise minimal number of days that the average voter memory will continue to recall any indignation at the pump, before their next ballot box visit.

I truly would have enjoyed watching Ernesto swirling around the gulf, taking out several drilling platforms, destroying one or more gulf coast refineries (but not one life or private home, etc.)...... And then listening to all the current administration/BIG OIL explanations for why the price at pump for all American VOTERS somehow managed to keep dropping throughout all the predictable autumn election frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    Personally...... I honestly believed that this politically convenient "downward trend" in gas prices was politically due to start at least a month ago.

But these guys are true professionals...... With virtually unlimited amounts of BIG OIL DOLLARS to spend as they wax content while wading in profit, and conclude with greedy precision the precise minimal number of days that the average voter memory will continue to recall any indignation at the pump, before their next ballot box visit.

I truly would have enjoyed watching Ernesto swirling around the gulf, taking out several drilling platforms, destroying one or more gulf coast refineries (but not one life or private home, etc.)...... And then listening to all the current administration/BIG OIL explanations for why the price at pump for all American VOTERS somehow managed to keep dropping throughout all the predictable autumn election frenzy.
    I've saved the best part for last......

This is one thread where no additional missive from me or any board reply by others is needed.
    And we shall not need to wait 100 years for history to sort the honest wheat from any corrupt oil chaff.

The current hurricane season is still in its infancy.
    Iran continues to shake its "oil fist" squarely in America's face.
    Chavez remains a unknown joker in any rational international "oil deck".
    All that Iraqi oil that was suppose to pay for little george's war to nowhere is still as dry as a 007 martini.
    And despite any relative or synthetic "downward trend"...... Gas prices are still gouging most American budgets with more than serious future implications.

I am more than content to simply wait and watch from tonight until the first Tuesday in November......

OR...... Until little george and big dick and BIG OIL give me reason to point out what should soon become more than obvious to even the most casual conservative observer.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post

Teddy's dead??? :bigcry: Say it ain't so!

Seriously Spins, the price is down the last 10 days mainly due to the following:

1) No mideast war/no missles being shot into Israel
    2) Hurricane Ernesto not heading toward the oil producing and refining region of the Gulf of Mexico
    3) A potentially milder hurricane season than predicted possibly on the horizon

Now if the USA decides to put a navel blockade stopping Iranian shipments of crude headed for Arab controlled refineries off the coast of other Arab countries in the mideast, then watch out. Iran does not refine much of their crude themselves to make gasoline. They ship it. Our blockade could bring Iran to it's knees quick.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 08-29-2006 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I'll simply assume for the moment......

That you are either just plain addled...... Or a mentally challenged individual who, having escaped your keepers, somehow managed to gain access to a computer keyboard.

But just on a wild and outside chance that you may actually be an alumnus of Dawg Tech...... Was that IN FACT your best mental shot at some semblance of an intellectual reply?

Personally...... I have no philisophical option but to conclude that the opinion of any man is as valid as the opinion of any other man......

But you must know that you have stretched any presumption of tolerance beyond all logical capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

Seriously Spins, the price is down the last 10 days mainly due to the following:

2) Hurricane Ernesto not heading toward the oil producing and refining region of the Gulf of Mexico

Now if the USA decides to put a navel blockade stopping Iranian shipments of crude headed for Arab controlled refineries off the coast of other Arab countries in the mideast, then watch out. Iran does not refine much of their crude themselves to make gasoline. They ship it. Our blockade could bring Iran to it's knees quick.
    IMNHO......
    And as I've already stated......
    Your opinion on this matter is every bit as valid as my opinion.

Let's just watch and see how it all plays out at the pump...... Both before and soon after the ballot box returns.

As long as we can both agree in the interim, that neither little george or big dick fired the bullets that killed Martin or Bobby...... I'll assume for the moment that we shall one day share a syllogism that leans toward something akin to agreement on this thread.

Good night.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I think it is a coincidence. Prices always go down at the end of the summer. Nothing new.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

CNN has an article today saying it could get back closer to 2 a gallon than 3.(hope so)

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

This thread is typical of a liberal democrat. They really do hate good news.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Yeh, he also thinks his theory is as valid as tyler's. Just one difference, Tyler's has cold, hard facts and spinoza's is conspiriacy theory with no proof or truth to it. How can Bush/Cheney influence an open oil market. There are too many traders to do this. Unless, all of them are in on it. That is it, Bush and Cheney are paying oil traders to drive down the price of gasoline. Right, that would be as dumb as Soros thinking he could influence the market with his billions. Number one, he couldnt do it. Number two, it is illegal to even try. I dont think this conspiracy theory holds any weight actually.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

It is pretty simple economics really, forecast analysts predicted a surplus of 1.3million barrels, it is actually 2.4million barrels. We are not using as much oil as we need, so the futures on oil are going to continue to go down, and ivesters will continue selling short. Oil Prices are not set by hte government, they are forcasted by analysts and INVESTORS will buy or sell long or short depending on their guess of what will happen.

I shorted oil at five dollars per barrel 2 months ago (that means I thought the comodity price would drop by 5 dollars over a 90 day period). Looks like I will be making some money and saving on gas.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg View Post
    It is pretty simple economics really, forecast analysts predicted a surplus of 1.3million barrels, it is actually 2.4million barrels. We are not using as much oil as we need, so the futures on oil are going to continue to go down, and ivesters will continue selling short. Oil Prices are not set by hte government, they are forcasted by analysts and INVESTORS will buy or sell long or short depending on their guess of what will happen.

I shorted oil at five dollars per barrel 2 months ago (that means I thought the comodity price would drop by 5 dollars over a 90 day period). Looks like I will be making some money and saving on gas.
    Exactly, if politicians had control over it, oil would have never gone up in the first place. Cheney might have friends at oil companies, but let me repeat myself, he has absolutely no leverage in any of them. It would be illegal if he did. The market controls these things, not politicians.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

This also has a lot to do with summer vs winter gasonline blends. I have been telling people for a month now, that they could expect gas would drop come the beginning of winter. You might as well expect for the next several years that gas will be $1-$.5 more during the summer months, no matter what the political situation is. Demand and blends.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    You're right. I really do believe that most serious partisan Democrats would rather have many Americans killed by terrorists on our own soil than have the Republicans in charge of anything. I guess we'll see if I'm right, but I think most Americans realize that and don't trust the democrats with the most important thing we have - national security. Of course, we'll see this fall. Stay tuned. I'm looking forward to seeing if I'm right.

BTW, if I really thought the Republicans were that way, I'd become an independent today!

+ Reply to Thread