+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter) dead...

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter) dead...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060904/23/10ebv.html

Steve Irwin killed in stingray attack

By 7News

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin has reportedly been killed in a stingray attack near Cairns on Australia's far north coast.

It was believed Irwin had been swimming off the coast of Cairns when he was stung.

"It is understood he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest," Brisbane's Courier Mail reported this afternoon.

Irwin was best known for his documentary series "The Crocodile Hunter".

He was born in Victoria and found his love of animals after following in his father's footsteps, volunteering his services to the Queensland Government's East Coast Crocodile Management program.

He spent years living on his own in the mosquito infested creeks, rivers and mangroves of North Queensland, catching huge crocodiles single-handed.

In June 1992, he married American Terri Raines after they met when she visited Irwin's Australia Zoo.

The 44-year-old is survived by his wife and two children, Bindi and Robert.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter) dead...

CRICKIE!!!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I always thought he would meet his death by a snake bite. Sorry to hear about this. I liked watching him.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

First Australian stingray death in 50 years. I'm pretty sure Steve was fully aware that he was going to meet his end "on the job" one day, and was content with that danger.

But a f'n stingray? Sheesh.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I always said to myself while watching his show, "This stuff can't be that dangerous for a professional like steve" I guess I was dead wrong.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    Man, that is the first time I have seen any clips of him since he died. He was a genuine "good guy" and the world is a little lesser place now that he is gone.

Bulldog Dawg4ever is an unknown Dawg4ever's Avatar

I can't believe he really did die by a stingray they usually can't hurt people badly.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg4ever View Post
    I can't believe he really did die by a stingray they usually can't hurt people badly.
    I saw a report that said he actually pulled the stingray barb out of his chest, started bleeding and went into full cardiac arrest. I'm not a doctor, but I wonder if he would have kept the barb in, would he have had a better chance of survival. What's really sad is that Sunday was Father's Day in Australia..he had an 8 year old and a 3 year old. Just tragic.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    I saw a report that said he actually pulled the stingray barb out of his chest, started bleeding and went into full cardiac arrest. I'm not a doctor, but I wonder if he would have kept the barb in, would he have had a better chance of survival. What's really sad is that Sunday was Father's Day in Australia..he had an 8 year old and a 3 year old. Just tragic.
    Yeh, I heard the same thing and wondered also. That barb might have acted like a plug if left in there. Maybe he could have gotten to a hospital and they could have done something before he bled out. I dont know, maybe someone with medical knowledge could enlighten us. He just did what was reactionary, pull that barb out as soon as possible. Very tragic thing to happen.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

It could have been a poisonous barb. I don't know though.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Stingrays barbs are serated and yes, they are toxic.

They are very gentle animals and I have petted them, swam near them and accidently kicked one and not gotten stung. I haven't ever stepped on one though and that is when most people get stung. I bet it hurts like hell. But I am shocked he got stung by one.

It's always sad to see a father die. My prayers go out to his family.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

We loved watching his shows as he seemed so genuine. It was great how he also included his wife in his work. Such a tragic and rare way to go.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

the first time i dove in the gulf, i was diving one of the sunken bridge spans off of panama city beach in 80 ft of water. i swam over one of those things and it was covered in the sand, so i didnt see it. i must have scared it, because it took off aheadof me then went straight up in front of aout 20 feet before it went away.

scared the crap out of me.

+ Reply to Thread