+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW MANY ALUMNI DOES TECH HAVE?

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

HOW MANY ALUMNI DOES TECH HAVE?

I ask this for one reason. If we took how many alumni from Tech and asked each one for 100 dollars how much would we have in the bank?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: HOW MANY ALUMNI DOES TECH HAVE?

Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    I ask this for one reason. If we took how many alumni from Tech and asked each one for 100 dollars how much would we have in the bank?
    I was in charge of collecting donations from alumni in the Conway and Morrilton area during the 1994 centennial fund drive. This was the most difficult task I have ever undertaken. Some of the people I talked to got their degree and never went back or hardly thought about Tech since they left. Some of the worst ones were professors at Central Ark. They acted like they would really be setback if they gave a $25 donation. My own boss who graduated from Tech in Mech Engr, same as me, in 1961, said he did not owe Tech a thing and did not donate 1 penny. we do not have alumni that give back like the big schools do. Get out last year's game program and count the # of champs members and multiply that by 100 and you will get your answer.

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

Man that is sad. I did not go to Tech but my kids did and do. I have really grown fond of Tech and I have encouraged many to attend. I know of at least 2 of the CHAMPS givers that did not attend Tech. I know everyone is on the Pres and AD, but, as you said, Tech does not get much back from the good portion of its alumni. Wish every alum would give back just as much as a good night out on the town costs. I have to believe that their degree was worth something. I had seen where TEch had the 4 lowest athletic bugdet of all D1 schools in the country. With that being said, Tech has done quite a bit. Hope things change one day.

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

Having the athletics run by some of the people that are there may have something to do with it as well. If they know its a waste of money, why would anyone give anyhting back?

The only way to give any money is straight into the hands of the coach. No chance for mine to go into waste of CHAMPS or anywhere near Oakes.

...and whoever gave me the green mark, I think you meant for it to be red. If you could go ahead and change that, the administrators of BBB would surely appreciate it.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I don't know how many alumni there are. I started giving after traveling all over the world and then getting a call one night from a Tech student working in a fund raiser. I have given every year since. What happened to those kids that used to call all the alumni they could get phone numbers for? It was effective on me and I think could be effective on others.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    According to page VIII of the 1990 Louisiana Tech Alumni Directory, "the alumni today number in the 50-thousands". That's pretty consistent with the 54,000 number that I've been hearing for several years.

By the way, I also checked the year 2000 Alumni Directory, and there is no mention of the total number of Tech alumni (at least not that I could find).

HD

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

. . . and the Alumni Association webpage has this plug on why you should join our alumni association:

Network with over 70,000 Tech alumni and friends in every state and in many foreign countries.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farright30 View Post
    ...and whoever gave me the green mark, I think you meant for it to be red. If you could go ahead and change that, the administrators of BBB would surely appreciate it.

We keep you in the green so you won't be considered a martyr.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    . . . and the Alumni Association webpage has this plug on why you should join our alumni association:

Network with over 70,000 Tech alumni and friends in every state and in many foreign countries.

I'll do the math. $7,000,000.00

We might as well go I-AA.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

FAR, now that is negative! And you know I wouldn't put one of those color marks on anybody for anything! I hope we watch the Diamond Dogs whip the Hogs this spring!

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'll do the math. $7,000,000.00
    That would build one hell of a nano-center!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    FAR, now that is negative! And you know I wouldn't put one of those color marks on anybody for anything! I hope we watch the Diamond Dogs whip the Hogs this spring!
    Aub, dont pay any attention to this tool. He just tries to get a rise out of everybody by being an asshole. I try to disassociate myself with him at all costs, but I decided to chime in this time. He thinks if he can pour his negativity on everyone that it will somehow make a difference. He is too cool to truly root for tech, and he is way too cool to care what you think. I suggest that everyone ignore him because he never has anything worthwhile to say.

+ Reply to Thread