+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW MANY ALUMNI DOES TECH HAVE?

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

Re: HOW MANY ALUMNI DOES TECH HAVE?

Alright, here we go again. I will make a point, no one will reply with any counter-argument and proceed to call me names. My only point here is, why play I-A football, when you can only budget at a I-AA level? Why get your brains beaten out of you by bigger schools that you are playing only because you have to find a source of revenue? How does that build support and any possibility of future alumni giving? Who would anyone want to support a football team that gets the crap beat out of them by ANY big school in the country? The question I ask is this: Does anyone on this board believe that Tech will ever have a chance to win a national championship? If you do, you are delusional. Even if they deserve it, they CAN NOT possibily win it all. Then why even play? Why not just go ahead and go I-AA where a sense of pride in one's teams can be built, even if it is only at a I-AA level? If you are going to spend in the bottom 3% level of your division, the support from the administration for the I-A team is obviously not there. The most logical thing to do is go I-AA. If anyone disagrees, please post why, I would like to hear them, but do not come on this board and trash me for being negative. If I didnt support Tech, I wouldnt bother posting this or even have this opinion. I believe in this only because I truly care about this university. Sure I have been negative fairly often here, but not once has anyone cared to debate me. I only hear names being thrown my way. Dont forget that it was about 4 years ago, when I began posting how much we need to get rid of Oakes, only to be ripped to pieces. I was told I didn't know whatI was talking about and such, and take a look at the opinion here now. Seems that everyone has changed at some point or the other, yet I am still being told I don't know what I'm talking about.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farright30 View Post
    Alright, here we go again. I will make a point, no one will reply with any counter-argument and proceed to call me names. My only point here is, why play I-A football, when you can only budget at a I-AA level? Why get your brains beaten out of you by bigger schools that you are playing only because you have to find a source of revenue? How does that build support and any possibility of future alumni giving? Who would anyone want to support a football team that gets the crap beat out of them by ANY big school in the country? The question I ask is this: Does anyone on this board believe that Tech will ever have a chance to win a national championship? If you do, you are delusional. Even if they deserve it, they CAN NOT possibily win it all. Then why even play? Why not just go ahead and go I-AA where a sense of pride in one's teams can be built, even if it is only at a I-AA level? If you are going to spend in the bottom 3% level of your division, the support from the administration for the I-A team is obviously not there. The most logical thing to do is go I-AA. If anyone disagrees, please post why, I would like to hear them, but do not come on this board and trash me for being negative. If I didnt support Tech, I wouldnt bother posting this or even have this opinion. I believe in this only because I truly care about this university. Sure I have been negative fairly often here, but not once has anyone cared to debate me. I only hear names being thrown my way. Dont forget that it was about 4 years ago, when I began posting how much we need to get rid of Oakes, only to be ripped to pieces. I was told I didn't know whatI was talking about and such, and take a look at the opinion here now. Seems that everyone has changed at some point or the other, yet I am still being told I don't know what I'm talking about.
    We are competitive in our 1-A conference in all major sports. Biggest counterpoint I can think of.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Give this current group of Bulldog players a chance to win a few games and let some of our fair weather fans get back in line before abandoning ship.

I'm trying to remember who it was that went off the deep end when Coach Sim was hired? Does anyone remember?

Yeah, it was me, but only in support for one of the assistants to be hired. I've already admitted to the greatness of Sim a long time ago.

Are we competitive in football? Please give me the winning percentage against teams that finish above 0.500, lets say in the past 10 years. Then, give the winning percentage against non-conference opponents that finish the season above 0.500. Of course, no one will do this because it would prove me right. So once again, no point given in argument that is worthwhile.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, our football team is competitive.

Yes, our budget is low.

Yes, our fan support is weak.

Things are better in 1a?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Farright, that would be the worst possible thing to happen to the sports program and the University. Moving down would not increase giving by alumni now or anytime in the future. Now, as far as scheduling these games I can understand your point. But what we need is an AD and President that understands how athletics is the window through which the country sees our university. Now I wasn't here four years ago when you claim you were saying Oakes needs to go and I will not argue against that idea either. But moving down does not inhance that view through that window. You claim we need to move down because of our budget. That is BS. What we need is a larger budget. And we do that by increasing alumni and fan support. And that brings us back to what we do agree upon, Scheduling for Success. Sure we could have success for a while in the 1-AA ranks, but long term we need a plan like Marshall has. And an administration that understands that.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Yeah, it was me, but only in support for one of the assistants to be hired. I've already admitted to the greatness of Sim a long time ago.

Are we competitive in football? Please give me the winning percentage against teams that finish above 0.500, lets say in the past 10 years. Then, give the winning percentage against non-conference opponents that finish the season above 0.500. Of course, no one will do this because it would prove me right. So once again, no point given in argument that is worthwhile.
    I don't get it.

By this criteria, we, SJSU, Idaho, Nevada, NMSU, USU, ULL, ULM, North Texas, Troy, Middle Tennessee, FAU, FIU, Central Florida, Rice, SMU, Houston, UTEP, Northern Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Akron, Kent State, and Temple (among many others) should move down to 1-AA.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Man, you are so cool. I could look it up but then you would be too cool to acknowledge that we shouldnt be in I-AA. Yeh genius, let's move to I-AA and totally kill our recruiting chances. Do you think there is a chance in hell we could have gotten guys like Weldon Brown, PJ, Griffin, Harris, etc. being a I-AA? If you think so, you are living in a hell of pipe dream. You know what, if all you want to do is run down everything, just go pull for the hogs. To be honest, I dont want backward thinkers like you plaguing are fanbase. It is easy to bash on a mid-major trying to make it. It is easy to point on the flaws at Tech. Most people that like point out all of this are the same people that dont want to work towards making Tech better. They would just rather sit around and bitch.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

What do you want us to do dude? Just curl up in a hole and die? Should Tech just shut down completely because our athletic budget isnt that great? I dont understand what you are pointing out. I am giong to support Tech's efforts to try to make it as a I-A. I am not sure what you would have us do. Just quit supporting to spite JO and leave the athletic budget in worse shape than it is. The great thing here is that you always want answers to your questions, so you can prove that Tech is dire straits as a D-I competitor (we all know this, you arent the only enlightened one), but guess what, you never have any suggestions how to make it better. All you ever want to say is poor pitiful little Tech, we should jsut take our ball and go home, mahhh. I dont understand what your purpose is for putting all of this crap on here.

Why do many great entreprenuers go bankrupt many times before hitting it big? For the chance of hitting it big. Yeh, I guess they could have done the easy thing and taken the desk job, looking big in a small pond at some company. Maybe our current administration wont get us there in D-I, but I hope that future ones will. I guess all D-I's that arent in the top tier should just quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I don't get it.

By this criteria, we, SJSU, Idaho, Nevada, NMSU, USU, ULL, ULM, North Texas, Troy, Middle Tennessee, FAU, FIU, Central Florida, Rice, SMU, Houston, UTEP, Northern Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Akron, Kent State, and Temple (among many others) should move down to 1-AA.

Good point, they probably should.

I agree we need a bigger budget, but my point for going I-AA is that this isn't going to change. How long will it take to figure that out that Reneau is no going to spend the money and we don't have it coming in? I would love to stay I-A, but it doesn't make sense. There is nothing we can do about it. If a school has to schedule big schools to get any money back, should they even be trying to be playing at that level in the first place? It is not as if our recruiting is so great in the first place. At I-AA, at least we would have a chance to pick up ones kicked off good programs. Anyone that can honestly tell me that this team is competitive, is not being honest with themselves.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

You are correct Farright. NO Div 1-AA school EVER plays big money games.

If we just drop down we never will have to play these games again.

You are not addressing the problem with your idea. Dropping down will never increase $.

I have an idea.

If DR won't spend the money on athletics lets just drop everything. Who needs sports?

That makes as much sence as what you are saying. If we don't have the money to pay for it just drop it all. Then we can spend more on that Nano stuff.

I agree we need a bigger budget, but my point for going I-AA is that this isn't going to change. How long will it take to figure that out that Reneau is no going to spend the money and we don't have it coming in? I would love to stay I-A, but it doesn't make sense. There is nothing we can do about it. If a school has to schedule big schools to get any money back, should they even be trying to be playing at that level in the first place? It is not as if our recruiting is so great in the first place. At I-AA, at least we would have a chance to pick up ones kicked off good programs. Anyone that can honestly tell me that this team is competitive, is not being honest with themselves.
    If we dropped down to I-AA, we would do the same exact thing, but with lesser recruits. Instead of Nebraska beating us 49-10, we get beat 70-0. I know you dont think that is a big difference, but that is because you are clueless.

Good point, they probably should.
    That was the perfect little bitch answer I thought you would give. I guess no one should strive to try to get bigger and better. We should just leave the BCS schools alone and go on our way. I guess Louisville fans are glad they didnt have little bitches like you when they were trying to make it up the ladder.

+ Reply to Thread