+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Survivor Contest

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Warning NFL Survivor Contest

Many of you may remember that last year we ran an NFL survivor contest. We are running that contest again this year and the pick sheet is posted. The deadline for entry is Thursday this week and the rules for the contest are below. For those of you who don't know what this is, it's pretty simple. Each week you will pick the winner of 1 game and only one game. You can select from all the games being played that week, but again, you are only picking 1 team to win. The interesting part is that you can pick each team only 1 time throughout the duration of the tournament! So choose wisely which game you pick because you won't be able to select them again. The goal of the tournament is to stay alive till the end and be the last man (or woman) standing. Points mean nothing. And after 2 misses, you're out! Also, just so you know, if you fail to enter a pick in any given week, it counts as a loss. So be ready to follow this one through or else you won't last long.

The entry page for this week is on the contests page at www.latechbbb.com/contests/2006main.html. You can also get there from the main page under contests.

If you have any questions, let me know. There WILL be a prize, but I haven't decided what it will be yet.

TDF

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: NFL Survivor Contest

I'm going to keep the entry this week open until Sunday morning. But for those of you who haven't picked, the Miami/Pittsburgh game played last night is OFF LIMITS!!! If you pick it, then it will count as a loss.

We have 45 people in so far and I hope that some more of you will hop in here.

Chris

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Chris -

I tried to select the Titans as my survivor and it would not let me pickem because of the deadline -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Try it now.

Results and a new pick sheet are posted. Be sure to get your picks in.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Just wondering if my picks for the Survivor and College were successful because I got an error page after I submitted them. Thanks.

The pick sheet for week 3 has been loaded. You shouldn't have any problems. As I've said before, EVERYONE was charged a loss last week and if you DID get your picks in, you can still pick whatever team you had submitted. The total number of allowed losses for the season was increased to 3 to compensate for the problems last week. But remember, that one of those 3 was last week so you can still only be wrong twice.

Chris

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

That stinks since I imagine a lot of us got our week 2 picks right. :bigcry: Bummer dude!

A bunch got week 3 right as well!!! You folks are catching on to this contest! The results for last week are posted and the new pick sheet is up. Remember that a missed week counts as a loss and you can't pick the same team twice. For the report, go to the player summary. It shows who you have picked and how many losses you have. The standing reports only have points and don't really mean a whole lot. It's whose left standing at the end that matters!

Good job, folks.

Chris

I've received a question about the Week 2 picks and I wanted to clarify it here.

If you look at the player summary on the reports, you will see that NOBODY has a pick submitted. So even if you did get your picks in, I didn't import them. So whoever you picked for week 2 is still available to you. The question I got related to Baltimore. If you picked Baltimore in week 2, you still have them available because the pick was never used. But if you picked them in week 1 or week 3, they are no longer available. Just look at the player summary. If you see that you have picked a team, then don't pick them again. ALL other teams are free to be used.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

What if I picked a team in week 2 and they lost, but then when I want to pick them again they have a bye week? Or what if they are playing a team that will probably beat them, but I have the qb from the opposing team as my fantasy qb, and also, if they have the hottest cheerleaders? Can I still pick them or do I have to pick someone else?

New pick sheets and results from last week are posted. Be sure to get your picks in!!! Remember that a missed week counts as a loss!!!

Chris

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Is there a way to go back and view all of my picks from the previous weeks. I know I can check the previous week, but I was wondering if it's possible to go back to the beginning and check, so I can be sure I don't pick the same team.

Yes. Go to the Player Summary report. It shows everyone's picks since the beginning of the contest and if they got it right or not. That's really the report that means the most anyway.

Chris

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Something didnt update because it still has last week's matchups as this weeks and it still only has 2 picks in the season standings.

+ Reply to Thread