+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Nicholls State Game Plan

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Nicholls State Game Plan

farright, I didn't realize that you had hyjacked this thread too. I've been avoiding this thing with you for the most part, but I have to mention two things.

First of all in response to what Don said about the only difference being 22 scholarships...The real costs of 1A are the mandates we are forced to comply with regarding Title IX, the cost of those scholarships, and the cost of maintaining those non revenue sports that 1AA schools don't have to comply with. Had you touched on this area in the beginning of your rantings, you might have achieved more credibility.

Second...Don's point about support falling off for 1AA vs. 1A has been brought up by several folks several times. I'd say that our actual season ticket holder number has not gone up significantly since we made the move to 1A.

Now that I've helped you make two points, I'll say again that 1AA is still a losing proposition. We lost money the year we went to the National Championship game. nlulm lost money the year they won it. 1AA is giving in to the man, settling for the scraps, and agreeing to put on your favorite BCS team garb. No thanks!

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

Re: Nicholls State Game Plan

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    And there's a difference in playing Ole Miss (who is on our future schedule) and playing Nebraska and Clemson. I keep hoping that Jim is about to set up a string of remotely winnable BCS games for us. We can compete with the Stanfords, OSU, Washingtons, and Mississippi St.'s of the world.

I agree with you. On a previous post, I had said I was glad to see the schedule looking that way in the future.

+ Reply to Thread