+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Server...

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Server...

I would like to ask if we need to find a new server to host BB&B on. I have 20 GB of Storage and 1 TB of Bandwidth for $9.99 a month. I have very little downtime. I think we are beginning to lose users when they try and logon and it never works. I think that we can find some hosting for a very affordable price and avoid these large amounts of downtime.

JFord

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Server...

Quote Originally Posted by jford View Post
    I would like to ask if we need to find a new server to host BB&B on. I have 20 GB of Storage and 1 TB of Bandwidth for $9.99 a month. I have very little downtime. I think we are beginning to lose users when they try and logon and it never works. I think that we can find some hosting for a very affordable price and avoid these large amounts of downtime.

JFord
    20 GB is barely big enough for "Best thread ever . . "
    I don't know JF. Chris does a great job for me in solving those problems. I'm sure he's on top of it.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

No. This was a scheduled replacement of the server. The other had hardware issues and that is now resolved. We apoligize about the downtime, but we hopefully won't be seeing any more of this.

Chris

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I guess everyone wants a good warning, so they don't freak out.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I'll also add that a 9.99 plan won't handle BB&B. The traffic we generate with server load, storage, db calls, etc. almost require a dedicated server, which we have, and for that, you will be looking at $100+/month on some of the best plans.

Chris

We were trying to hold out till the weekend when we could announce it. But the motherboard starting degrading big time with constant reboots and the schedule had to be moved up without an announcement. Again, we apoligize, but John was on top of it.

Chris

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

I didn't mean to come across as an a$$, but I guess sometimes when the shoe fits... I'm glad to hear the 9.99 plan won't work for BB&B, that's a good problem to have. Again, I apologize for coming across like a ____. I just miss my BB&B when it's not there.

JFord

+ Reply to Thread