+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this crap

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm tired of this crap

Why is it that those of Christian faith have to apologize and cowtow to the freakin' Muslims whenever we say something that they take offense to, yet they can do and say whatever they want about other religions.

Vatican Says Pope Benedict XVI Is Extremely Upset That Muslims Were Offended by His Words
    Angry Pakistani Muslims hold a rally to condemn the Pope's remarks during his recent visit to Germany, Friday, Sept 15, 2006 in Lahore, Pakistan. Pakistan's parliament unanimously adopted a resolution condemning Pope Benedict XVI for making what it called 'derogatory' comments about Islam and seeking an apology from him for hurting the sentiments of Muslims. Placard on top reads 'Christians should remove Pope. (AP Photo/K.M.Chaudary)09-16-2006 11:24 AM
    By FRANCES D'EMILIO, Associated Press Writer
    VATICAN CITY -- Pope Benedict XVI "sincerely regrets" that Muslims have been offended by some of his words in a recent speech in Germany, the Vatican said Saturday _ stopping short of issuing an apology the Islamic world has demanded.
    The new Vatican secretary of state, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, said the pope's position on Islam is unmistakably in line with Vatican teaching that the church regards Muslims with "esteem."
    Thus, the pope "sincerely regrets that certain passages of his address could have sounded offensive to the sensitivities of the Muslim faithful and should have been interpreted in a manner that in no way corresponds to his intentions," Bertone said in a statement.
    "Indeed it was he who, before the religious fervor of Muslim believers, warned secularized Western culture to guard against 'the contempt for God and the cynicism that considers mockery of the sacred to be an exercise of freedom,'" Bertone said, citing words from another speech that Benedict gave during the German trip.
    "In reiterating his respect and esteem for those who profess Islam, he hopes that they will be helped to understand the correct meaning of his words," the cardinal said.
    The words, in a speech Benedict gave to university professors earlier in the week during a pilgrimage to his homeland, angered many in the Islamic world and raised doubts over whether a planned trip to predominantly Muslim Turkey in late November would go ahead.
    Muslim leaders have been unappeased by previous overtures by Vatican officials and have demanded the pope apologize for his remarks on Islam and jihad, or holy war. The Vatican has said that Benedict only meant to emphasize the incompatibility between faith and war.
    Benedict on Tuesday cited an obscure Medieval text that characterizes some of the teachings of Islam's founder as "evil and inhuman" _ comments some experts took as a signal the Vatican was staking a more demanding stance for its dealings with the Muslim world.
    When giving the speech, the pope stressed that he was quoting the words of a Byzantine emperor and did not comment directly on the "evil and inhuman" assessment.
    Bertone, referring Saturday to the emperor's "opinion," said "the Holy Father did not mean, nor does he mean, to make that opinion his own in any way."
    The cardinal pointed out that the pope was speaking in an academic setting and suggested that a "complete and attentive reading" of the entire text would make clear the pope's reflections about the relationship between religion and violence in general.
    He said the pope's speech ended with "clear and radical rejection of the religious motivation for violence, from whatever side it may come."
    Bertone also cited other recent statements by the pope which he said makes "unequivocally" clear the pope's work in favor of intercultural and interreligious dialogue.
    He noted that during Benedict's pilgrimage to Germany last year, shortly after being elected pope, the pontiff called for both Christians and Muslims to walk down the "paths of reconciliation and learn to life with respect for each other's identity."
    In a recent message to mark the 20th anniversary of Pope John Paul II's interreligious prayer gathering in Assisi, Italy, Benedict stressed that violence should not be attributed to religion in itself but to "cultural limitations" over time.
    The pope's first public appearance to the general public since his return from Germany is set for Sunday, when he is to greet the faithful at Castel Gandolfo, the papal summer residence in the Alban Hills near Rome.
    The rage unleashed by Benedict's comments stirred fears of anti-Western protests like those that followed the publication in a Danish newspaper of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.
    Two churches in the West Bank were hit by firebombs Saturday, and a group claiming responsibility said it was protesting Benedict's words.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: I'm tired of this crap

Likewise!

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I don't know, there's something kind of fun about watching the irony of the response of the Muslims. The pope suggests they are violent and they riot in the streets in protest. You really can't make stuff like that up -- no one would believe it.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

No, they riot in the streets and 10 or 20 of them end up dying in the process of burning a couple dozen cars and trashing several storefronts!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

It would be nice always to take the high road. Sometimes, that means turning the other cheek and pretending not to be offended.

The Pope must have some serious Vatican guards these days or he wouldn't have said what he said.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Why is it that those of Christian faith have to apologize and cowtow to the freakin' Muslims whenever we say something that they take offense to, yet they can do and say whatever they want about other religions.

Vatican Says Pope Benedict XVI Is Extremely Upset That Muslims Were Offended by His Words
    Angry Pakistani Muslims hold a rally to condemn the Pope's remarks during his recent visit to Germany, Friday, Sept 15, 2006 in Lahore, Pakistan. Pakistan's parliament unanimously adopted a resolution condemning Pope Benedict XVI for making what it called 'derogatory' comments about Islam and seeking an apology from him for hurting the sentiments of Muslims. Placard on top reads 'Christians should remove Pope. (AP Photo/K.M.Chaudary)09-16-2006 11:24 AM
    By FRANCES D'EMILIO, Associated Press Writer
    VATICAN CITY -- Pope Benedict XVI "sincerely regrets" that Muslims have been offended by some of his words in a recent speech in Germany, the Vatican said Saturday _ stopping short of issuing an apology the Islamic world has demanded.
    The new Vatican secretary of state, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, said the pope's position on Islam is unmistakably in line with Vatican teaching that the church regards Muslims with "esteem."
    Thus, the pope "sincerely regrets that certain passages of his address could have sounded offensive to the sensitivities of the Muslim faithful and should have been interpreted in a manner that in no way corresponds to his intentions," Bertone said in a statement.
    "Indeed it was he who, before the religious fervor of Muslim believers, warned secularized Western culture to guard against 'the contempt for God and the cynicism that considers mockery of the sacred to be an exercise of freedom,'" Bertone said, citing words from another speech that Benedict gave during the German trip.
    "In reiterating his respect and esteem for those who profess Islam, he hopes that they will be helped to understand the correct meaning of his words," the cardinal said.
    The words, in a speech Benedict gave to university professors earlier in the week during a pilgrimage to his homeland, angered many in the Islamic world and raised doubts over whether a planned trip to predominantly Muslim Turkey in late November would go ahead.
    Muslim leaders have been unappeased by previous overtures by Vatican officials and have demanded the pope apologize for his remarks on Islam and jihad, or holy war. The Vatican has said that Benedict only meant to emphasize the incompatibility between faith and war.
    Benedict on Tuesday cited an obscure Medieval text that characterizes some of the teachings of Islam's founder as "evil and inhuman" _ comments some experts took as a signal the Vatican was staking a more demanding stance for its dealings with the Muslim world.
    When giving the speech, the pope stressed that he was quoting the words of a Byzantine emperor and did not comment directly on the "evil and inhuman" assessment.
    Bertone, referring Saturday to the emperor's "opinion," said "the Holy Father did not mean, nor does he mean, to make that opinion his own in any way."
    The cardinal pointed out that the pope was speaking in an academic setting and suggested that a "complete and attentive reading" of the entire text would make clear the pope's reflections about the relationship between religion and violence in general.
    He said the pope's speech ended with "clear and radical rejection of the religious motivation for violence, from whatever side it may come."
    Bertone also cited other recent statements by the pope which he said makes "unequivocally" clear the pope's work in favor of intercultural and interreligious dialogue.
    He noted that during Benedict's pilgrimage to Germany last year, shortly after being elected pope, the pontiff called for both Christians and Muslims to walk down the "paths of reconciliation and learn to life with respect for each other's identity."
    In a recent message to mark the 20th anniversary of Pope John Paul II's interreligious prayer gathering in Assisi, Italy, Benedict stressed that violence should not be attributed to religion in itself but to "cultural limitations" over time.
    The pope's first public appearance to the general public since his return from Germany is set for Sunday, when he is to greet the faithful at Castel Gandolfo, the papal summer residence in the Alban Hills near Rome.
    The rage unleashed by Benedict's comments stirred fears of anti-Western protests like those that followed the publication in a Danish newspaper of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.
    Two churches in the West Bank were hit by firebombs Saturday, and a group claiming responsibility said it was protesting Benedict's words.

When those Viking fellows who drew a simple cartoon were attacked by the random killers of thousands of innocent human beings......

Every honest newspaper on this planet should have reprinted that cartoon for at least a month, and publically offered top dollar for additional cartoons that MOCKED the pathetic machinations of Islamic extremists.

When the pope cited his historical reference...... Every Christian cleric should have echoed his sermon in no uncertain tems, and every decent Muslim holy man should have rushed to mimic his message in the harsh and more than cold light of modern day Islamic extemism.

I personally continue to believe that the vast majority of Muslims are decent human beings.

But it is long past any religious/political moment for more than a billion plus individuals on this planet to decide if they wish to overtly condone Islamic TERRORISM and all its death pride...... Or whatever hope of harmony remains for honest and equal religious differences in our current world.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. And then just when you thought islamic radicals and certain muslim clerics couldn't get any stupider. The truly braindead awake.

Israeli-US plot behind pope's remarks: Iran hardline press

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/0....hyi6hm06.html

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 09-18-2006 at 11:08 AM.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

I know we are have different beliefs here, but I think this is one thing we can all agree on.

After 9/11, we all heard the "We're a religion of peace", yet if anything is said against the religion, "It's a holy war!" I think these people have a HUGE chip on their shoulder, and will find any excuse to play "victim" because they want a war to end all wars. Mark my words, the Muslim world is playing for keeps and this is only the beginning. I'm worried of their extremists views, and these people are really starting to pi$$ me off.

Now some of you know that I'm a really nice guy who wouldn't hurt a fly, but dang it, I'm tired of being called an "infidel" and "evil" by them, and when anyone says the same thing about them, they want everyone (not Muslims) dead. I didn't like it when I heard it from Farakhan, and I like it even less now. Most religions are based on living good and being peaceful to all people(Christians, Buddists, Mormons, and heck even the crazy Scientologists). These people are just nutjobs, and I for one, even as a LIB, don't care about political correctness when it comes to these people.

Sorry for the rant, but yes, I am too fed up with the crap!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have a link to the text of the Pope's speech that started all this controversy. I'm thinking his comments have been taken out of context, but want to read it for myself.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link to the full text of the speech:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14848884/

Context is not the point of the Muslim outcry.

Guess it's asking too much for others to consider the comments were made in an academic setting and are of a theological academic nature. If you don't accept the premise of the presentation (that God does not desire conversion at the point of a sword and that it is not logical to assume he does), why not debate the point. Make a reasoned case for why it is not as the Pope has stated.

Rather than debate the point, it is apparently in keeping with the faith to threaten death on on the majority of the world's population who either believe God is reasonable and does not demand forced conversion, believes something else, or believes nothing at all.....assuming non-Muslims still out number the believers of Islam.

That the radical Muslim rhetoric is becoming more strident and openly confrontational is disturbing.

There is a very good editorial by Kathleen Parker today in The Times.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

My computer died after my last post on this thread, but (to the possible chagrin of some here) I have puchased a new one......

So I am back and still just as TIRED of the general muslim "crap" that continues to support virtually every ''reach'' and twist of every radical muslim/TERRORIST agenda.

I am, however, somewhat curious about why this more than interesting and important thread has received so little "dawg" attention/discussion.

Go figure!

http://www.omegaletter.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=5971

Actually, I still say that we should, behind the scenes, let the right Muslim leaders of certain countries know that we will make Mecca a glass playground if another 9-11 happens. They will get this message out to the terrorist quick and this crap will stop. No Islamic terrorist wants to meet his "maker" knowing that he caused Mecca to be obliterated. Let the Muslim masses chew on this for a while.

Second, I would put a live pig and or vials of pig blood, under the belly of every airplane so that the Muslim fanatics know that their is a chance that if they blow themselves up on board the plane, they will meet their "maker" with pig blood on them. This is a sentence to hell per their teaching. Sounds simple to me.

It's time to get down to real business. It's down to their way of life or ours.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 10-02-2006 at 12:25 AM.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    My computer died after my last post on this thread, but (to the possible chagrin of some here) I have puchased a new one......
    Isn't it funny how Salty and Spinoza both stopped posting while Spinoza's computer was down?

+ Reply to Thread