+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attendance?

Varsity Bulldog bulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nice bulldogengr's Avatar

Attendance?

What was the attendance for tonight? The student side looked pretty good, and they pretty much stayed the whole time.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Attendance?

18700 was announced after the game by Dave Nitz...I would have guessed 20,000

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Watching on TV it looked on the under side of 17K. Original stadium top corners especially on the west side were completely empty. Stadium only seats 22.5K without the covered wings on the east side and the new wings on the west side.

Varsity Bulldog bulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nice bulldogengr's Avatar

Thanks, I never caught it on the post-game.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Watching on TV it looked on the under side of 17K. Original stadium top corners especially on the west side were completely empty. Stadium only seats 22.5K without the covered wings on the east side and the new wings on the west side.

I think capacity is just a shade over 30,000

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

i think the stadium actually sat 24,000 before the expansion, but i could be wrong. The boxscore said 18,765 for last night. I agree that on tv, the east side looked good.

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

I was disappointed in the attendance at 18700...however I looked at some other games and found us to be as good or better than:
    15,400 = Texas Southern at New Mexico State
    17,400 = Sam Houston at SMU
    17,800 = Boise at Wyoming
    18,800 = Colorado St. at Nevada

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar

I was surprised at the announced attendance. I thought is was more than that.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Nicholls State brought as many fans as UL-Laf brought the last time we played them. There were plenty of them in the concessions lines on the east side too.

The game guarantee to 1-AA Nicholls was less too.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    i think the stadium actually sat 24,000 before the expansion, but i could be wrong. The boxscore said 18,765 for last night. I agree that on tv, the east side looked good.
    The original announced capacity number was 23,318 in 1968. That number was dropped to 22,500 when additional chairbacks replaced bleachers on the west side. Each of the expansion wings is supposed to hold 2K to get to the current 30,500 listed capacity.

If nobody is sitting in any of the four expansion wings, the rest of the stadium didn't look 83% full (18,765/22,500 = 83.4%). I'm sticking with 16.5K-17K as the actual crowd (75% of the original stadium is 16,875). That's still better than I was afraid the number might be against a I-AA opponent.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

you also have to remember that at any one time, probably 5-10% of the fans aren't in their seats at a tech game...kids running around playing, people at concession stands, tailagters in and out of the stadium some, late arriveres and early leavers...you take all that in to account i think the announced attendance looked about right to me.

+ Reply to Thread