+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memories - Mid South Wrestling from Shreveport

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Memories - Mid South Wrestling from Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by Thor44 View Post
    Mid-South in the 70's and early 80's was awesome, too bad it folded into the pile of poo it is now. BTW anyone remember a very young professional loser in Mid-South named Shawn Micheals? He wasn't there long, before he left for other regions. I remember a match in Monroe where he got the crap beat out of him, but can't remember by who. :bigcry: My favorite match ever was Andre the Giant, JYD and someone against the Samoans, Ernie Ladd and someone else. Andre and JYD really put on a show that night.
    speaking of professional losers, who was that guy that used to wear the pink "tights". Was it Romeo or something like that?

Varsity Bulldog Thor44 is an unknown Thor44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    speaking of professional losers, who was that guy that used to wear the pink "tights". Was it Romeo or something like that?
    Vinny Romeo wore pink sometimes, also Adrien Adonis wore pink not to mention makeup, perfume, and pigtails.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I just had to bump this, because (arguably) the best episode of Mid-South EVER came on TV this past Tuesday.

I'm going to describe the episode in as few words as possible, and see if it rings a bell with anyone here.

Jim Duggan in a Gorilla Suit

(Clearly the inspiration for our very own AG)

So creative, so memorable, and so, so awesome.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I just had to bump this, because (arguably) the best episode of Mid-South EVER came on TV this past Tuesday.

I'm going to describe the episode in as few words as possible, and see if it rings a bell with anyone here.

Jim Duggan in a Gorilla Suit

(Clearly the inspiration for our very own AG)

So creative, so memorable, and so, so awesome.
    Lum,

Watched it last night. I thought the same thing.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Hacksaw Rassled the other night in Shreveport on RAW....So did Shawn Michaels who both got started in Mid-South... Good Stuff!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Boy, this thread brings back a lot of memories. I never missed a Saturday (although my mother made me watch it on the small TV in the kitchen because couldn't understand "why I watched that mess".) I have a cousin in Benton who bought his house from Dr. Death Steve Williams. I know Dr. Death played football at Oklahoma, and I think Hacksaw played somewhere, but I can't remember for sure.

Two of the greatest main event matches I remember were:
    Hacksaw v. JYD
    JYD v. The Grappler

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I have a cousin in Benton who bought his house from Dr. Death Steve Williams.
    http://www.hacksaw.newpathproductions.com/hacksaw.jpg
    Doc still lives in Shreveport. I have friends and family that see him around all the time, particular in Lowe's or Home Depot. He's battled throat cancer, but he got through it. He looks great.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Big Dog Tech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really nice Tech09's Avatar

Steve "Dr Death" Williams had a daughter that went to Tech when I was there. We didn't even call her by her name, she was known as Dr. Death's daughter

I see Dr. Death working out at the Plex in Bossier City, quite often. He is usually there in the AM.

Varsity Bulldog keith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around here

The Masked Medics, the Uganda twins, Skanbar Acbar, Paul Ornthorf, the Junkyard Dog, and yes the Von Eriks. Was some fun stuff as I remember, until I figured out no one can take that kind of beating and live. LOL

Varsity Bulldog keith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around here

and forgot Harley Race

This show just keeps getting better and better.

This week: The debut of (awfully familiar looking) masked superstar STAGGER LEE, who kills Ted DiBiase in under a minute. Jim Duggan goes absolutely insane after getting busted open, killing everything in sight. Mr. Wrestling II (and his kneelift) even make an appearance.

What a fantastic hour of television. Tuesdays at 8:00 on My 43 out of El Dorado if anyone wants to start watching. They show the episodes in order.

Puppy Thor444 has turned a few heads around hereThor444 has turned a few heads around hereThor444 has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Boy, this thread brings back a lot of memories. I never missed a Saturday (although my mother made me watch it on the small TV in the kitchen because couldn't understand "why I watched that mess".) I have a cousin in Benton who bought his house from Dr. Death Steve Williams. I know Dr. Death played football at Oklahoma, and I think Hacksaw played somewhere, but I can't remember for sure.

Two of the greatest main event matches I remember were:
    Hacksaw v. JYD
    JYD v. The Grappler
    Hacksaw played for SMU back when they were one of the top teams in the nation. I think he tried to play in the NFL but didn't stay long. Some asked earlier where all they went back then, I recall they hit just about any town of 20K+ at least once a month or so in La, MS and Ark. But went to some more often than that such as Monroe, BR, Jackson, Alexandria, New Orleans, Laf and about any place in between. I miss those days

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor444 View Post
    Hacksaw played for SMU back when they were one of the top teams in the nation. I think he tried to play in the NFL but didn't stay long. Some asked earlier where all they went back then, I recall they hit just about any town of 20K+ at least once a month or so in La, MS and Ark. But went to some more often than that such as Monroe, BR, Jackson, Alexandria, New Orleans, Laf and about any place in between. I miss those days
    I remember going to Murrell's Cafe in Shreveport when I was a kid with my Dad and getting to see all of the wrestlers there eating lunch. I remember being really confused seeing Cowboy Bill Watts eating with the guys from the Midnight Express. He had just come out of retirement and beaten up them and their manager Jim Coronet recently before that.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    I remember going to Murrell's Cafe in Shreveport when I was a kid with my Dad and getting to see all of the wrestlers there eating lunch. I remember being really confused seeing Cowboy Bill Watts eating with the guys from the Midnight Express. He had just come out of retirement and beaten up them and their manager Jim Coronet recently before that.
    Lone Star are you insinuating that it wasnt real? You are like the kid that told everybody that there wasnt a Santa Claus. Everything that I thought I knew is in question now.

+ Reply to Thread