+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pick 'Em Contest Prizes

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Pick 'Em Contest Prizes

All right. I've been promising an update on the prizes for the WAC Pick 'Em Contest. I still don't have it all worked out yet, but I want to throw out what I have so far.

First, let me thank each of our prize donors in advance. You have helped to make the prize pot for the contest the largest and sweetest in the history of the contest!!! With that being said, I have not decided which of the prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. It is just too hard to pick and I don't want to slight any of you. I would like some feedback from the participants, but my initial thought is to just throw them all up there and let the winner take first pick, sencond gets to pick from the 2 that are left, and 3rd gets the one that is left over. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Here is what has been offered so far.

a. Marketdawg (Ross) has offered a $50 gift certificate to Maxwell's Market in Shreveport. Same deal as last time that if you are from out of town, he will cover the shipping so you get to use the whole $50. You can visit his website at www.maxwellsmarket.com to see what is available. Everybody from the Shreveport/Bossier area loves his products!!!

b. As if that were not enough, Tommy Phillips (dawg68) of National Jewelry has offered a product as well. In the past, he has engraved some koozies and flasks with the BB&B logo on it as well as our username. I have one in my office and it is quite nice a real long time momento of BB&B. I would recommend it to ANYONE. As far as I know, he is the only one with the BB&B logo on file capable and willing to do this. I don't know if they have a website, but if you do, Tommy, please post it so people can browse your products.

c. Once again, Ross has stepped up. Many of you may have seen the thread on the Tech concrete benches. If not, here is the link - http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32072. As part of Ross' deal, he has come up with one that he is going to donate to the contest! So if you thought it was nice, but didn't have the money, here is your chance!!! A picture of the bench is below.

That's all I can announce right now. Due to the new tech pictures site, Tom is no longer able to donate pictures directly to the contest. But if anyone would like to throw a few bucks our way, we can still purchase them and give them as prizes. I've always enjoyed mine and would ask for any volunteers to help sponsor the contests if they are able.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Chris

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Pick 'Em Contest Prizes

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    All right. I've been promising an update on the prizes for the WAC Pick 'Em Contest. I still don't have it all worked out yet, but I want to throw out what I have so far.

First, let me thank each of our prize donors in advance. You have helped to make the prize pot for the contest the largest and sweetest in the history of the contest!!! With that being said, I have not decided which of the prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. It is just too hard to pick and I don't want to slight any of you. I would like some feedback from the participants, but my initial thought is to just throw them all up there and let the winner take first pick, sencond gets to pick from the 2 that are left, and 3rd gets the one that is left over. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Here is what has been offered so far.

a. Marketdawg (Ross) has offered a $50 gift certificate to Maxwell's Market in Shreveport. Same deal as last time that if you are from out of town, he will cover the shipping so you get to use the whole $50. You can visit his website at www.maxwellsmarket.com to see what is available. Everybody from the Shreveport/Bossier area loves his products!!!

b. As if that were not enough, Tommy Phillips (dawg68) of National Jewelry has offered a product as well. In the past, he has engraved some koozies and flasks with the BB&B logo on it as well as our username. I have one in my office and it is quite nice a real long time momento of BB&B. I would recommend it to ANYONE. As far as I know, he is the only one with the BB&B logo on file capable and willing to do this. I don't know if they have a website, but if you do, Tommy, please post it so people can browse your products.

c. Once again, Ross has stepped up. Many of you may have seen the thread on the Tech concrete benches. If not, here is the link - http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32072. As part of Ross' deal, he has come up with one that he is going to donate to the contest! So if you thought it was nice, but didn't have the money, here is your chance!!! A picture of the bench is below.

That's all I can announce right now. Due to the new tech pictures site, Tom is no longer able to donate pictures directly to the contest. But if anyone would like to throw a few bucks our way, we can still purchase them and give them as prizes. I've always enjoyed mine and would ask for any volunteers to help sponsor the contests if they are able.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Chris
    Is he the one who did my flask several years ago? If so, I affirm your praise. It is really nice.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Am I the only one who missed a week due to the down time?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Am I the only one who missed a week due to the down time?
    no

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Last week was TOTALLY thrown out for EVERYBODY. Nobody got to submit picks and nobody got any points. It is all equal.

Chris

Bulldog Dawg4ever is an unknown Dawg4ever's Avatar

One question, what position gets what prizes?
    Last edited by Dawg4ever; 09-27-2006 at 06:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread