+ Reply to Thread

Thread: latechsports.com

Bulldog cic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nice cic's Avatar

latechsports.com

I haven't posted here in quite some time, so if this topic has been covered before, I apologize. But I think latechsports.com is an embarassment to Louisiana Tech and to the athletic department. Should we really have an "official" page for Tech athletics if the top four stories - the day before a football game against Texas A&M - are going to be volleyball, volleyball, cross country, and soccer??? Would the website have anything to cover if it weren't for Title IX? I was hoping to read something - anything - about the game, but the most recent football stories relate to a time change in the Clemson game and the Nicholls game. Nice.

- Mark

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by cic View Post
    I haven't posted here in quite some time, so if this topic has been covered before, I apologize. But I think latechsports.com is an embarassment to Louisiana Tech and to the athletic department. Should we really have an "official" page for Tech athletics if the top four stories - the day before a football game against Texas A&M - are going to be volleyball, volleyball, cross country, and soccer??? Would the website have anything to cover if it weren't for Title IX? I was hoping to read something - anything - about the game, but the most recent football stories relate to a time change in the Clemson game and the Nicholls game. Nice.

- Mark
    Considering this is your first post, I would say that not posting in "quite some time" isn't exaclty accurate. Maybe not having posted ever would be better fitting. Secondly, it has been covered before, but so has everything else on here, so go for it. Thirdly, the game against A&M is tomorrow. There are other sports that deserve coverage as well. Afterall, it's Latechsports.com, not Latechfootball.com. Thanks for posting, though, and trying to follow the Bulldogs.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Afterall, it's Latechsports.com, not Latechfootball.com.
    ^ exactly what I was thinking.

Also, there is a BIG difference between fan sites and official sites. Hell, look at aggieathletics.com, their top story is about volleyball, not the football game tomorrow and they have 82,000 seats to fill, not us.

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

Actually, IMHO, latechsports.com is one of the better "official" college athletic sites out there. They made vast improvements when they updated the site about 2 years ago and some of the features they added are really nice (i.e. tech legends). It's easy to navigate to the essentials and it has a fairly vast amount of info on it. Some things i would like to see done differently, but i think they do a great job of covering (and keeping up-to-date on) most all of our sports. the only thing we should really hang our head about is the lack of online ticket purchases. but we'll get there "someday."

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Yes, when a person reaches the site, he or she can click on the sport of interest at the moment and read more. But news happens as it happens and all must be covered in order and fairly, unless you are a homer newspaper!

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

- Mark
    Happy Now?

http://www.latechsports.com/

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogtrooper View Post
    Actually, IMHO, latechsports.com is one of the better "official" college athletic sites out there. They made vast improvements when they updated the site about 2 years ago and some of the features they added are really nice (i.e. tech legends). It's easy to navigate to the essentials and it has a fairly vast amount of info on it. Some things i would like to see done differently, but i think they do a great job of covering (and keeping up-to-date on) most all of our sports. the only thing we should really hang our head about is the lack of online ticket purchases. but we'll get there "someday."
    That's not exactly the fault of latechsports.com though, is it?

Bulldog cic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nice cic's Avatar

What other sites are you going to visit to read about an upcoming Tech football game? There will be very little, if anything, about most Tech games on espn.com, cnnsi.com, or the like. I guess we can hope that the Shreveport Times or News-Star have a blurb or two or rely on our opponent's website. I'll keep trying to follow the Bulldogs...

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

What other sites are you going to visit to read about an upcoming Tech football game? There will be very little, if anything, about most Tech games on espn.com, cnnsi.com, or the like. I guess we can hope that the Shreveport Times or News-Star have a blurb or two or rely on our opponent's website. I'll keep trying to follow the Bulldogs...
    come on man... it's not that hard to find info on the web. scot beder at the news-star does a good job with his coverage and as best i can tell, many (if not all) of his articles about the dogs are posted online at thenewsstar.com. if it's that hard, just wait for the news-bot to post links to articles here. then simply click and enjoy. as stated so brilliantly before, it's not latechfootball.com it's latechsports.com. good luck keeping track.

Just go to the football section on latechsports.com. Come on, man. I knew I was lazy, but jeez, it's not that much work to just click an extra link.

+ Reply to Thread