+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adrienne Johnson?

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Adrienne Johnson?

According to the News Star we have received a verbal from Johnson. I was unaware that this had occurred. Does anybody know if this is correct? If it is true, another great pick-up.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Adrienne Johnson?

Yep! Another awesome pick up. These are verbals with the signing period in November. We are getting some girls quick before the rest of the pack. This is GREAT NEWS!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Another article. This one is on Johnson:
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...01/1001/SPORTS

This is a GREAT signing class so far! Thanks Chris, Brooke, and Joni!

Varsity Bulldog nevester is an unknown

You can read more about here as well.......
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.../60923003/1006

Techsters nab top recruit
    By Scott Beder
    sbeder@thenewsstar.com

Lady Techster coach Chris Long’s early signing class picked up a significant piece Friday after getting a verbal commitment from Franklin High School star Adrienne Johnson. The 6-0 Johnson is considered one of the top players in the country, ranking as the 60th-best player in the nation, according to Michael White’s All-Star Girls Report, and the 11th best forward.....

http://www.thenewsstar.com/news/blogs/blog1/index.html

Foundation for future

The Lady Techsters got their tird verbal commitment of the early period and if all holds until signing day on Nov. 8, Coach Chris Long will have a signing class that could be the cornerstone of a return to greatness...

Puppy The One is an unknown

Adrienne Johnson is the real deal. Iv'e had the pleasure of knowing her and watching her play and grow since Jr. High. She received phone calls and offers from some big name schools that wasn't listed. Not to dismiss anyone's opinions, but with all the talk about recruiting black and white players, everyone around here was a little bit concerned about her attending Tech. All a parent wants is for their little girl to be taken care of when they go off to college. Long and his staff did an excellent job of maintaining Tech's reputation. The fans will fall in love with her. Franklin High School is loaded with plenty of young talent and it's good to see that Tech beat out some top notch programs to get an amazing talented player.

Varsity Bulldog eddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really nice eddawgfan's Avatar

Not to dismiss anyone's opinions, but with all the talk about recruiting black and white players, everyone around here was a little bit concerned about her attending Tech.

Why?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Adrienne Johnson is the real deal. Iv'e had the pleasure of knowing her and watching her play and grow since Jr. High. She received phone calls and offers from some big name schools that wasn't listed. Not to dismiss anyone's opinions, but with all the talk about recruiting black and white players, everyone around here was a little bit concerned about her attending Tech. All a parent wants is for their little girl to be taken care of when they go off to college. Long and his staff did an excellent job of maintaining Tech's reputation. The fans will fall in love with her. Franklin High School is loaded with plenty of young talent and it's good to see that Tech beat out some top notch programs to get an amazing talented player.
    What the hell are you talking about?

We are from a small southern town. Many of us aren't registered to respond to this forum, but we do read it and take into account what is being printed and reported. They are good people to be concerned, but smart parents who want to best for their daughter. Tech is a good fit for her talents.

like it or not, we have an all-black roster. that's a fact. many of the white recruits simply do not want to come play here right now. all of that can change with one recruit. it could have changed if we got katie antony. it could have changed it we got emily carter. the fact is we didn't get either.

Not to call anyone out, but that is what the hell i am talking about. Someone printed it and we read it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, it's nothing to banter back and forth about. I'm glad that she will be signing with Tech.

Last edited by The One; 09-23-2006 at 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling

The interesting (and sometimes disturbng) thing about a public message board is that anyone can post anything. If one or two people post something, there might be 300 other people on the message board that disagree with them.

The One, I am just trying to re-assure you that some comments you read are not a concern for most of us.

Anyway, GREAT pick up! I am truly excited about all three of these new recruits. We are building this program back and have all of this great coaching staff to thank.

Welcome to the new recruits!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    like it or not, we have an all-black roster. that's a fact. many of the white recruits simply do not want to come play here right now. all of that can change with one recruit. it could have changed if we got katie antony. it could have changed it we got emily carter. the fact is we didn't get either.

Not to call anyone out, but that is what the hell i am talking about. Someone printed it and we read it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, it's nothing to banter back and forth about. I'm glad that she will be signing with Tech.

Hell One, you need to call them out. Anybody who says assinine things on this board need to get called as often as possible. In fact, I remember now that post. It was BHossMac or as he is known now, theproffessor. If you'll remember, there were quite a few people who took him to task for it. As Champ said, the thing about these message boards is that anyone can say nearly anything they won't. The bad thing is, as in theprofessor's comment, sometimes people say things that are misunderstood. Anyway, there is no one who follows the Techsters that are concerned with the racial make-up of the team. I think you can look at their attendance over the years to see the truth in that. I don' t even know what race any of our recruits are until I see them playing. I don't care as long as they come to play and play hard and to take their studies seriously. I'm glad we got this pickup. She looks like she'll be player.

Thanks for the reply Champ and D-Dawg. I agree with you both and have enjoyed reading your comments throught the years. Not many recruiters make it this far south too often, which allowed Adrienne; as well as Sierra, to fly under the radar, which woudln't have mattered anyways, since they both wanted to sign with Tech. Adreinne played alongside Alexis Rack and Angel Dennis, my younger cousin, who will both play college ball this year. Franklin has a good feeder program and will hopefully be a pipeline of talent for Tech. If Sierra is allowed to play on the perimeter, something she hasn't been able to do since her freshman year in high school, she will cause opponents serious problems. Not sure if LSU was recruiting Brietta or not, but it's their loss. I've seen here play and she is big, speedy and skilled. Thanks for allowing me to take up some of your time. I look forward to reading your posts once the season begins.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info. Hope you can make it to some of the games this season
    ________
    Hot Penny Stocks
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Hell One, you need to call them out. Anybody who says assinine things on this board need to get called as often as possible. In fact, I remember now that post. It was BHossMac or as he is known now, theproffessor. If you'll remember, there were quite a few people who took him to task for it. As Champ said, the thing about these message boards is that anyone can say nearly anything they won't. The bad thing is, as in theprofessor's comment, sometimes people say things that are misunderstood. Anyway, there is no one who follows the Techsters that are concerned with the racial make-up of the team. I think you can look at their attendance over the years to see the truth in that. I don' t even know what race any of our recruits are until I see them playing. I don't care as long as they come to play and play hard and to take their studies seriously. I'm glad we got this pickup. She looks like she'll be player.
    i don't know the race of any of our players until i see a picture. but i stand by my comment in the context it was made. we were talking about a recruit who was white who decided not to attend tech because she felt she didn't fit in with the roster. that was a personal decision, but it's also one that i believe (because i've heard it from several sources) is prevalent. i'm not trying to offend anyone. but i'm also not trying to ignore anything that's out there.

the fact of the matter is chris long has his work cut out for him to restore a tradition and rebuild a program. this is just one factor in that rebuilding project.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    i don't know the race of any of our players until i see a picture. but i stand by my comment in the context it was made. we were talking about a recruit who was white who decided not to attend tech because she felt she didn't fit in with the roster. that was a personal decision, but it's also one that i believe (because i've heard it from several sources) is prevalent. i'm not trying to offend anyone. but i'm also not trying to ignore anything that's out there.

the fact of the matter is chris long has his work cut out for him to restore a tradition and rebuild a program. this is just one factor in that rebuilding project.
    I know what you were getting at. That's why I said that one of the problems on the board is that people say things that get misunderstood. Your point is an example. I know you don't have a problem with any person of any race on our teams.

+ Reply to Thread