+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Henderson up for LHSAA top job

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Henderson up for LHSAA top job

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    BTW, politics will not be a factor in the decision-the LHSAA is not funded by the state so senators and reps can't stick their noses in.
    that is very funny because my source tells me this decision will be very political.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Has anybody heard what size school Ruston will be classified as this time around? Neville and Ouachita have both dropped to 4A, and a junior on the RHS baseball team said he heard we were dropping down to 4A. With the Evangel rule (which I understand Henderson supported), this is an issue every time they re-classify. I hope we stay 5A.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Has anybody heard what size school Ruston will be classified as this time around? Neville and Ouachita have both dropped to 4A, and a junior on the RHS baseball team said he heard we were dropping down to 4A. With the Evangel rule (which I understand Henderson supported), this is an issue every time they re-classify. I hope we stay 5A.
    sooner,

you should have just asked me at the game! i could talk for hours about this, but i'll keep it brief. before katrina hit, there was a 99.9% certainty that ruston would drop to 4a. afterwards, however, there's about a 99.9% certainty that ruston will stay 5a. the question is who all will be there. most likely, the new district will be 2-5a and consist of rhs, wm, ophs, wo, pineville and maybe ash (although they will probably be borderline 4a/5a). btw, it was nice to meet you, even if your boy is confused!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

we had one more student than STM last time, putting us in 5A and them in 4A, which made them mad. i thought that there was a good chance of us dropping this time, but like prof said, hurricanes change everything.

i would love to be in a district again with wm, ouachita, and west ouachita. it would be great if neville got back up too. pineville/ash woulnt be great because travel is worse than shreveport, but im sure thats where they would be put.would they put natchitoches in with them?

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    that is very funny because my source tells me this decision will be very political.
    Of course this is Louisiana we're talking about and it involves high school athletics so yes there probably are some strings being pulled. My point is that the legislature has no monetary control over the LHSAA, it is funded through fees from each participating school. If they can't control the money flow then they don't really have a dog in this fight, JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Of course this is Louisiana we're talking about and it involves high school athletics so yes there probably are some strings being pulled. My point is that the legislature has no monetary control over the LHSAA, it is funded through fees from each participating school. If they can't control the money flow then they don't really have a dog in this fight, JMHO.
    i see where you're coming from, but i think we'd all be naive not to think the 27 principals that make up the executive committee can and will be controlled by the politicians.

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice

Louisiana needs to go back to 4A being the highest classification in sports. When you have 32 spots for the playoffs and only 51 teams for those spots, you are rewarding mediocre teams.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    sooner,

you should have just asked me at the game! i could talk for hours about this, but i'll keep it brief. before katrina hit, there was a 99.9% certainty that ruston would drop to 4a. afterwards, however, there's about a 99.9% certainty that ruston will stay 5a. the question is who all will be there. most likely, the new district will be 2-5a and consist of rhs, wm, ophs, wo, pineville and maybe ash (although they will probably be borderline 4a/5a). btw, it was nice to meet you, even if your boy is confused!
    What about the Shreveport teams? That leaves Byrd, Southwood, Huntington, and...that's it. Are you assuming Shreve, NCHS, and Fair Park all move back up? Who'd be in this new 1-5A?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    What about the Shreveport teams? That leaves Byrd, Southwood, Huntington, and...that's it. Are you assuming Shreve, NCHS, and Fair Park all move back up? Who'd be in this new 1-5A?

airline?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Airline and possibly Haughton (they are one of the biggest 4A schools in the state.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Last year it was pretty certain that Ouachita would have the numbers to be forced back up.

I do agree with whoever said that they should go back to 1A through 4A. It would make all the lower classes more competative. Unless somebody else in the state adopts the West Monroe type "system", WM could dominate for years to come.

you've got byrd, southwood, huntington, airline and natchitoches central returning in 5a. most likely, captain shreve moves back up. that gives you a six-team district, assuming somebody like haughton or minden isn't on the bubble to jump up as well.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

...let me ad regarding WM that we actually should have another high school on the west side of the river here in Ouachita Parish. That will happen when hades freezes over. It's far too much about athletics here.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    ...let me ad regarding WM that we actually should have another high school on the west side of the river here in Ouachita Parish. That will happen when hades freezes over. It's far too much about athletics here.
    i agree. i remember when new iberia split into two schools, both of which are now 5a (new iberia and westgate). the same thing could happen at west monroe. that school could split into 2 5a schools.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I don't understand what's wrong with it being about athletics. Do the other students suffer? I doubt it. I'm not saying it should all be about athletics, but that is how the school is viewed. The leaders of Ruston High, from the school board down, have made it harder for Ruston to compete with W.M., especially in football. They want to beat the Rebels, but won't do what it takes. Don't blame West Monroe for that .

+ Reply to Thread