+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saints

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Re: Saints

I haven't been excited about watching a Saints game in a long time. Last night was like watching some imposter team called the Saints who were kicking ass...I hope it continues through the whole season...

it was also good to see former Tech QB coach Pete Carmichell Jr. again...Petey rocked...

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Football Re: Saints

Anderson was let go for salary cap reasons. He had been there for 12 years and could have stayed for less money, but chose not to. And he DID choose to sign with the arch-rival falcons, for goodness sake!

Interestingly enough, Anderson contacted Saints officials days before he signed with the Falcons about signing with the Saints for one day so that he could 'retire as a Saint.' The front office agreed to grant his request only to be jilted for the Dirty Birds again!

I'd have booed him too, but only in a tough-love-sort of way...

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

U2 and Green Day....well, I'm not much into that type of music, but I think everything went very well. I took my digital camera, but I was sitting in Section 551 and didn't have too great a zoom. I'll see if I can upload some pics.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

Here are a few pics from pregame.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I was very surprised how good Drew Brees looked. You could see him going very quickly through his progressions on pass plays, finding the open man and leading him with the football.

I miss Tim Rattay playing at La Tech.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

U2 ROCKED the house! I do agree that some local flavor on the music would have been nice for halftime. The National Anthem had the local flare and was awesome, though.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I was very surprised how good Drew Brees looked. You could see him going very quickly through his progressions on pass plays, finding the open man and leading him with the football.

I miss Tim Rattay playing at La Tech.
    brees is no Aaron Brooks...thank you God

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    brees is no Aaron Brooks...thank you God

Amen to that!

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

Who thinks the Saints will beat Carolina on Sunday? I think the Panthers are going to beat the Saints by a good margain.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Please, I've already ate my foot and ankle.

My knees are bad, but I don't want to chew on them!!

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigwagee View Post
    Who thinks the Saints will beat Carolina on Sunday? I think the Panthers are going to beat the Saints by a good margain.
    I believe they will. I'm sure they will trip up sometime during the year, but after watching the game, I think the Saints have a great young coach, and were playing smart ball. If they keep playing with that intensity and confidence, anything could happen this year. I for one think they have the bast 2 back set in the NFL (with the best play calling I've ever seen in a running game in a long time). Deuce and Reggie are the real deal.

Saints 28 - Panthers - 14

Tig, I got the Saints winning by the same margin! Saints will win just on emotion and talent this weekend. Next weekend is the real test once the high from Monday Night is gone...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bigwagee View Post

Are you a Cowgirl fan? Saints by 3 pts.... 27 to 24 (Bush scores his first TD)

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

I hate the Cowgirls. But I do the Panthers are going to win 30-17.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Saints

I traveled to N.O. just for the game (wouldn't have missed it) and the entire atmosphere was incredible. The dome looked good and the fans were completely juiced. When Gleason blocked the punt for the first TD, the place absolutely came unglued. Not sure if you could tell on TV, but that was the coolest play of the game. I actually saw a few people with tears in their eyes.

I wasn't bothered at all by the booing of Morten Andersen. He did a great job with the Saints, but when you are a former player coming back as part of an opposing team, you have to expect to be booed. I also heard a couple of people talk about him contacting the Saints about retirement and then signing with the Falcons. For some reason, they felt jilted by that.

This was my first trip to N.O. since January. The French Quarter had very little damage to begin with, but traffic was MUCH improved since January, and I talked to one restaurant owner who said this was his biggest weekend since Katrina, mainly because of the game. I saw very few street musicians in the Quarter, which was a little disappointing, but I hear that most of them are making their way back.

Uptown has improved a great deal since Januray. Most of the piles of debris have been removed and lots of people have either finished or are close to finishing their house remodels. My cousin and her husband moved in about three weeks ago as did several other people they know. Still lots of businesses not open, and many of the open businesses still have abbreviated hours. Lots of work still to be done. Buildings next to the Dome still have lots of windows taped up or blown out. That looked pretty bad.

I think the Saints have the talent to win next week, but it depends on how Carolina attacks the defense. The D did a great job shutting down the run of Vick and Dunn, but I thought Atlanta came at us all wrong. Coming into the game I thought that our D-line was solid, our LBs were pretty good (Fujita really looked good) but our secondary is suspect. Atlanta ran right into our line and LBs which is the best part of our defense. They rarely threw deep, but when they did, they had some success. Only real long pass of the first half by ATL was complete at about the five. Only a couple in the second half, one of which was flagged for interference and waved off. I also thought Vick's receivers let him down (e.g. Alge Crumpler dropping the pass that would have tied it at 7), but I'm not complaining.

Carolina is still without Steve Smith as far as I know, but Keyshawn might cause some problems, because our secondary has not been good at one-on-one coverage.

Overall, awesome weekend, huge win for the Saints, great time to be a fan. Now, the state needs to get serious about attracting business to the area so they can get some solid monetary support for the team and KEEP THEM IN NEW ORLEANS! But, that's probably a subjecet for the political board.

+ Reply to Thread