+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Foley resigns from Congress over e-mails

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Foley resigns from Congress over e-mails

This has nothing to do with being GAY! That is not the subject. It is about the possibility of him being a Pedophile. THat is two different issues. One involves consenting adults and the other involves a minor.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    This has nothing to do with being GAY! That is not the subject. It is about the possibility of him being a Pedophile. THat is two different issues. One involves consenting adults and the other involves a minor.
    I agree, although minors can consent too. Who's to say how old someone is before he/she can make that type of decision?

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    What's the big deal? I didn't read in that article where he did anything inappropiate. Now, when the full contents come out, it might be a different story, and he might be resigning to keep it from coming out. However, according to the article all he did was offer the kid, who apparently was affected by Katrina, some kindness. I guess you can't do that for anyone unless they're from the ninth ward.
    Here's why he resigned, Dirty: http://abcnews.go.com/images/WNT/02-02-03b.pdf
    Of course, there are some on here that will tell you I am a conservative lemming without a mind or compass -- CARTEK

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCDAWG View Post
    Here's why he resigned, Dirty: http://abcnews.go.com/images/WNT/02-02-03b.pdf
    That's disgusting. He's acting like a Democrat. Good riddance to that jerk!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, although minors can consent too. Who's to say how old someone is before he/she can make that type of decision?
    Good discussion topic.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Perverts like that have no place in either party. The difference in the dems and reps is most every republican I can think of will be jumping up and down glad the guy resigned.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Yeah, he needs to go. I feel for his family. Doesn't he have kids?

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    Perverts like that have no place in either party. The difference in the dems and reps is most every republican I can think of will be jumping up and down glad the guy resigned.
    Markay,
    Any potential child molester has no place in either party. I think that either party would be happy that he resigned. How can you possibly believe that what you state? You have just seen a Republican that is a sick man and somehow you have found a way to put the Democrats into the topic................. This had nothing at all to do with the Democrats and they don't even belong in this thread. I figured somehow the finger would get pointed the other direction. That is why I stated what I did in the second post on this thread. Somehow, the Republicans can easily turn the topic toward the Democrats, no matter what it is.

AND, before you say it, the Democrats do the same thing......... I guess I am just trying to point out that both parties have some bad people and both parties point the fingers. The shock is not that. The shock is those that can't see it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The dems have more bad guys than the republicans.

Here's something for you to ponder Champion...The recent deal with the female teacher and the 14 year old boy vs. this situation. Point out the differences you see (shouldn't be any for you) and tell us what you think about the obvious differences we will see in the way your press handles it.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

Here's something for you to ponder Champion...The recent deal with the female teacher and the 14 year old boy vs. this situation. Point out the differences you see (shouldn't be any for you) and tell us what you think about the obvious differences we will see in the way your press handles it.

I wish I had a teacher like that when I was 14. Heck, I probably did, but it didn't matter. My buddies probably benefitted from it though.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

You are right. I don't see any differences, even though our society doesn't "think it is as bad" for a female to have sexual relations with a teenager, as it does a male to do so. It is just as bad in my opinion. You still hear a lot of people with the "atta boy" to teenage boys that are involved in this. However, it still involves a person of higher status and a minor. Same thing...........

Due to this being two people of the same sex, Foley will get a double dose of bad press. Him being in the elected position that he is in will further that press. In fact, this would not even be in the press, if this was just a common non-elected person. I am sure it happens all the time. THEN, you add the fact that he was CHAIR of a committee in Congress to protect children. That adds interest to the story and makes it all the more sick.

I tried to find information on his family, because then you are looking at the horrible time that they will experience due to this. I am now thinking that he is single, although one site had something about his "wife", but everything else stated that he was single. There was a big campaign issue about him being Gay when he first ran. He denied that, I think. I really could care less if he was Gay. It is the sexual relation (or him wanting that, at least) with a minor that is the problem.

He needs help. So does the woman that you are referencing. I don't see a big difference in them. Both involve an adult seeking (or having) a sexual relationship with a minor.

Hope I covered your question on my opinion. I do think that no matter which party this happened with, the flury of smear from the other party would be there. That is the life of politics.

I wish I had a teacher like that when I was 14. Heck, I probably did, but it didn't matter. My buddies probably benefitted from it though.
    AND there ya go.................

Hey Dirty,
    You asked earlier if he had kids. I do not think that he does. I can't find any mention of them and now believe that he was/is single. I guess this is one bright spot - at least, there is no wife and kids to have to deal with this. He only hurt himself and that 16 year old. I hope that they did not actually get together, but if he was writing emails/IM's like this, you can bet that there were others.

AND there ya go.................

Hey Dirty,
    You asked earlier if he had kids. I do not think that he does. I can't find any mention of them and now believe that he was/is single. I guess this is one bright spot - at least, there is no wife and kids to have to deal with this. He only hurt himself and that 16 year old. I hope that they did not actually get together, but if he was writing emails/IM's like this, you can bet that there were others.
    Somehow, reading that exchange, I don't think the 16 year old was hurt. Not justifying the actions, but I think the 16 year old knew exactly what he was doing.

Somehow, reading that exchange, I don't think the 16 year old was hurt. Not justifying the actions, but I think the 16 year old knew exactly what he was doing.
    I couldn't tell. I think Foley started the line of conversation, but the boy didn't shy away from it. Doesn't matter, though. Foley should not have done that - even if the 16 year old showed naked up in his room at night. To me, an adult should be able to be the adult.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Hmmmmmm I wonder how conservatives will turn this around to make it the Democrats fault?
    The only fault lay (lies with?) the person that does wrong. But, there is a HUGE difference between Repubs and dems. If you look back at all the scandals from both parties you find, generally, that Repubs resign IN SHAME while dems, like boy Klinton, deny any wrong-doing and then try to deflect criticism by trying to change the subject. Simply put, libs are shameless, which is why, generally, they do more immoral/illegal/unethical things.

Examples: Newt Gingrich was LESS guilty of unethical behavior in his book deal then Hillary Ride-em Klinton was in hers. Who resigned?

Trent Lott was waaaay less guilty of anything vs. Byrd in anything to do with a seedy organization. Who resigned?

In much the same way that the USA holds itself to a higher standard than our enemies do, Conservatives hold themselves to a higher standard than liberals do.

+ Reply to Thread