+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Foley resigns from Congress over e-mails

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Foley resigns from Congress over e-mails

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The only fault lay (lies with?) the person that does wrong. But, there is a HUGE difference between Repubs and dems. If you look back at all the scandals from both parties you find, generally, that Repubs resign IN SHAME while dems, like boy Klinton, deny any wrong-doing and then try to deflect criticism by trying to change the subject. Simply put, libs are shameless, which is why, generally, they do more immoral/illegal/unethical things.

Examples: Newt Gingrich was LESS guilty of unethical behavior in his book deal then Hillary Ride-em Klinton was in hers. Who resigned?

Trent Lott was waaaay less guilty of anything vs. Byrd in anything to do with a seedy organization. Who resigned?

In much the same way that the USA holds itself to a higher standard than our enemies do, Conservatives hold themselves to a higher standard than liberals do.

You can't be less guilty of a crime. Either you're guilty or not. Now it might be lesser of a crime, but to be less guilty is ridiculous.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Foley was CAUGHT! He resigned because it was starting to go public. Newt, Livingston, etc. were the same way. This is a national problem, not one that is limited to either party. It is ridiculous to say that one resigns with honor. Jeeesh.......... Sometimes, I think some of you really believe what you say.............

Glad you are proud of your guy, Foley, though, for resigning with honor....... Jeeeesh......

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

People this is ridiculous. It doesn't matter what a Democrat would do, or what a Greenie would do, or what a Independent would do. The fact that anyone would try to deflect the shamefulness by pointing the finger at what someone else would do is disgusting. You all talk about personal responsibility and how our soceity is lacking in it. Well, guess what. That's exactly what you all are doing. Who cares what a Democrat would do. This guy was wrong. Period. Until we start holding these people fully accountable without caveats, we aren't going to progress. Who cares if he resigned with honor. If a child molester turned himself in in an honorable way, does that make his crime any less heinous? Should he be granted some sort of moderate reprieve because he didn't go out fighting but cooperated? No. So please, you all need to quit lessening what's gone on here. This is pathetic.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Good post. I will drop it from my side.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

You might drop it, but I just want to get one shot in: Does anyone think for just one second that if it were a democrat in the same situations, dirty and chc and tyler wouldnt be all over it calling the guy a liberal child raping homo?

But since he's a republican, dirty DEFENDS him?????????

WAKE UP. Have you not yet realized that maybe, just maybe, when you are defending a guy who flirted with a 16 year old boy, saying things like "Well, he was single, and who's to say how old the age of consent should be..." that maybe you need to reprioritize and stop being a mindless braindead party-line-spewing robot??????

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

This guy needs to investigated and probably thrown in jail. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 10-01-2006 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    You might drop it, but I just want to get one shot in: Does anyone think for just one second that if it were a democrat in the same situations, dirty and chc and tyler wouldnt be all over it calling the guy a liberal child raping homo?

But since he's a republican, dirty DEFENDS him?????????

WAKE UP. Have you not yet realized that maybe, just maybe, when you are defending a guy who flirted with a 16 year old boy, saying things like "Well, he was single, and who's to say how old the age of consent should be..." that maybe you need to reprioritize and stop being a mindless braindead party-line-spewing robot??????

And to think you called me an idiot. Have you not read my latest posts on here? I never defended the guy. I simply said that from the little that I read initially, I didn't see anything wrong with asking the kid for his picture. Then, after reading the text messages I said the guy needed to go. I'll tell you what, let me repost my last post to see if you can point out where I defended the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    People this is ridiculous. It doesn't matter what a Democrat would do, or what a Greenie would do, or what a Independent would do. The fact that anyone would try to deflect the shamefulness by pointing the finger at what someone else would do is disgusting. You all talk about personal responsibility and how our soceity is lacking in it. Well, guess what. That's exactly what you all are doing. Who cares what a Democrat would do. This guy was wrong. Period. Until we start holding these people fully accountable without caveats, we aren't going to progress. Who cares if he resigned with honor. If a child molester turned himself in in an honorable way, does that make his crime any less heinous? Should he be granted some sort of moderate reprieve because he didn't go out fighting but cooperated? No. So please, you all need to quit lessening what's gone on here. This is pathetic.
    How about this response to Dawg80 on how the Republicans are less guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    You can't be less guilty of a crime. Either you're guilty or not. Now it might be lesser of a crime, but to be less guilty is ridiculous.
    So, show me genius where I defended the guy once all the facts came out. I tell you, even though I may not always agree with you, I figured you for somewhat intelligent. I guess your just as guilty as those you accuse of being closed minded. You can't let your animosity towards me keep you from reading objectively anything I write. I suggest you take a chill pill and read this again. This guy needs to be gone, and there can be no honor in his resignation. In fact, if it can be proven, which if I remember correctly the exchange was pretty graphic, that he broke some sort of law, he should be prosecuted. Also, please find in any post I have made where I have made critical generalizations about the Democratic party. The only thing I've said in the past about the Democratic party was that I was thinking about switching to Republican because of certain moral issues like abortion, etc... that no longer align with my beliefs. However, there are many Republican issues that don't align with my beliefs either such as privatization of SS and how to handle other welfare programs, and I would say the general sell out to big business, but both parties are guilty of that. Anyway, I only respond because I won't to be sure that no one reads your response about me and allows you to pervert their reading of my response to what it's not.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Well said DD. Hopefully daybreaker2 only had momentary a brainfart.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

I do hope this opens the eyes of some well-meaning Christian supporters of the Republican Party in this way. (Let me explain before the knee-jerk responses.)

I am a Christian who is a Democrat because of my religious beliefs, which find more in common with the long-held principles the party has stood for; however, I am also a historian and amateur political scientist who realizes that politics is the art of compromise and all about winning elections.

I have been very distressed over the past few years to see a blanket support of the GOP by many Christians as that party has exploited it's high-profile position on abortion and homosexuality. They seem to have bought into the idea that the GOP is the political wing of Christianity, even to the standpoint within my own experience of questioning the Christianity of those who will not support Republican candidates.

In this situation we had a Republican Congressman whose immoral behavior was known for nearly a year, by the Republican leadership. Not only did they not report his actions which could possibly border on a felony (ala the radio personality in Shreveport just indicted for similar activities), they allowed him to retain his seat, retain his position over the caucus investigating Internet sexual predators and even went so far as to support and fund his campaign for reelection. Had someone not leaked this story to the press, he would have merrily been reelected on November 7.

Why would they do this? Because many of them personally, and clearly the party mechanism, is not about right and wrong, or moral and immoral. It is about winning elections. That seems to have gotten lost in this christening of the GOP as "God's Own Party" by some Christians.

Again, for those of you on this board who strongly believe in the GOP for economic or national security reasons, I'm not talking about you. I'm also not addressing those who make a concious choice to support Republicans because you find them closer to your religious viewpoint or the lesser of two evils. I am also certainly not ignoring the fact the the Democratic Party does many things at the same level or worse -- of course they do, because they too are all about winning.

It's just I've come to feel that many Christians who were naive or inattentive to politics have been schooled in the years since the Reagan alliance between the Christian Right and the GOP, to think of the Republican Party as an extension of the Christian Church and I hope this makes them take a closer look, just as any Democrat who thinks the same of my party should be shaken from that view.

At least one more poor leader has been removed from our national leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by JAAgan View Post
    I do hope this opens the eyes of some well-meaning Christian supporters of the Republican Party in this way. (Let me explain before the knee-jerk responses.)

I am a Christian who is a Democrat because of my religious beliefs, which find more in common with the long-held principles the party has stood for; however, I am also a historian and amateur political scientist who realizes that politics is the art of compromise and all about winning elections.

I have been very distressed over the past few years to see a blanket support of the GOP by many Christians as that party has exploited it's high-profile position on abortion and homosexuality. They seem to have bought into the idea that the GOP is the political wing of Christianity, even to the standpoint within my own experience of questioning the Christianity of those who will not support Republican candidates.

In this situation we had a Republican Congressman whose immoral behavior was known for nearly a year, by the Republican leadership. Not only did they not report his actions which could possibly border on a felony (ala the radio personality in Shreveport just indicted for similar activities), they allowed him to retain his seat, retain his position over the caucus investigating Internet sexual predators and even went so far as to support and fund his campaign for reelection. Had someone not leaked this story to the press, he would have merrily been reelected on November 7.

Why would they do this? Because many of them personally, and clearly the party mechanism, is not about right and wrong, or moral and immoral. It is about winning elections. That seems to have gotten lost in this christening of the GOP as "God's Own Party" by some Christians.

Again, for those of you on this board who strongly believe in the GOP for economic or national security reasons, I'm not talking about you. I'm also not addressing those who make a concious choice to support Republicans because you find them closer to your religious viewpoint or the lesser of two evils. I am also certainly not ignoring the fact the the Democratic Party does many things at the same level or worse -- of course they do, because they too are all about winning.

It's just I've come to feel that many Christians who were naive or inattentive to politics have been schooled in the years since the Reagan alliance between the Christian Right and the GOP, to think of the Republican Party as an extension of the Christian Church and I hope this makes them take a closer look, just as any Democrat who thinks the same of my party should be shaken from that view.

Wow! I feel like I have a twin. Good post and I know exactly what you are stating. :icon_wink:

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar

Well said. Don't be offended by the red dots. That's the only color they know.
    Of course, there are some on here that will tell you I am a conservative lemming without a mind or compass -- CARTEK

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Since you used this to justify your reponse in your post to gaybreaker, I have to reply.

I said, clearly, it was "unethical" behavior in violation of rules that are self-imposed by the congress on its members. There was NO crime committed, by either Newt or Hillary. Therefore it is NOT a case of simply being guilty or not. And yes, there can be varying degrees of digression from the policy.

And yes, the case against Newt, anyway, was weak, very weak, as he was teaching a college course at the time and his book was directly tied to that course. Hillary Klinton's book deal, by EVERY account, deviated further from the congressional policy. In the end, it was a slight loophole in the rule, as mandated by the Senate (vs. the House), which brought the case to a close for Klinton.

Fact is, that loophole, subject to interpretation, was found only after H. Klinton was in hot water for her deal. Before that she had thumbed her nose at the Senate committee on ethics knowing fullwell that the biased, lib media would help her sweep it under the rug.

But, while all that is true, it is not my point anyway. Gingrich felt he had tarnished his reputation and thus brought shame on his office. Klinton, like all libs, is shameless and stated several times to reporters that those complaining are really just jealous they didn't have a $million book deal too. In other words, screw you, screw ethics, screw congressional rules, I am Hillary.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Markay,
    Any potential child molester has no place in either party. I think that either party would be happy that he resigned. How can you possibly believe that what you state? You have just seen a Republican that is a sick man and somehow you have found a way to put the Democrats into the topic................. This had nothing at all to do with the Democrats and they don't even belong in this thread. I figured somehow the finger would get pointed the other direction. That is why I stated what I did in the second post on this thread. Somehow, the Republicans can easily turn the topic toward the Democrats, no matter what it is.

AND, before you say it, the Democrats do the same thing......... I guess I am just trying to point out that both parties have some bad people and both parties point the fingers. The shock is not that. The shock is those that can't see it.
    I give you William Jefferson, Democrat of New Orleans, caught red handed w/ frozen $$$ amounting to about $90K. Where's the call for his resignation? The dems wanted him off of his committees but I never heard them calling for his resignation from his seat in Congress. Most people would consider a video tape of the transaction enough evidence to not wait for the trial on that one. Can't think of any reason I'd ever have that kind of COLD hard cash in the freezer...much less commondeer a National Guard truck so I could go get it. No. Dems are not the same as Republicans on matters such as this.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

ABORTION is the root reason why no Christian conservative can ever support the stance of the party. I will vote for a democrat for an office, but not if there is EVER a chance that they would have any input on the issue or give the appearance to aspire to higher office later where they might.

Christianiaty is about a relationship with Christ - not politics. There are some issues that just are not gray (except to C110) to Christians - abortion being one and homosexuality is another. Those are not close calls between the two parties.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

I hope you realize I wasn't asking you to vote for a Democrat.

I was simply pointing out that both political parties have feet of clay.

I'm glad to see you realize that Christianity is not about politics, that was my point, the Republicans are not the party of Christ. I'll lay aside the debate about the sins the Republican party promotes, just as surely as the Democratic Party promotes the ones you mentioned, because words on a message board only serve to inflame and minds are seldom if ever changed. I fully understand your reasons based in Christianity for opposing my party. But I would encourage you examine and respect the reasons why some Christians find it equally as impossible to support the Republican Party. That's all I ask.

+ Reply to Thread