+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: career fair on Friday

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

career fair on Friday

How did the career fair go on Friday?

I heard some companies did not want to go back because of the shape the campus was in.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: career fair on Friday

I just can't see that being true. The campus looks fine. Companies aren't there for the appearance of the campus...they're there to hire good ppl to continue their growth and make more money.

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

Heard some great things from recruiters about the students and accomodations.

This career fair was the largest one in recent history and hopefully the start of a new trend with Tech career fairs.

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

I have no clue what they mean by the "shape the campus is in." I think the campus is in great shape. I did notice that some of the recruiters were outside in the halls around the main display area, maybe they were unhappy about that.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    How did the career fair go on Friday?

I heard some companies did not want to go back because of the shape the campus was in.
    The campus looked great when I was there on 9/16. Why in the world would you put something like that on this board? Did some of them have to set up in Caruthers?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

LOL! One poster states that he heard that companies did not want to come back due to the shape the campus was in. Another poster states that this was the largest career fair in recent history and hopefully the start of a new trend.

Somebody has some really bad information, interpretation, or speculation.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

Gavin went got 3 interviews and 2 plant tours set up . . . he said they had a lot more companies there then the last one that he had went to. The only thing i wish that the career day had was more companies besides enginnering. Being a graphic designer i went to one and all i had was target and rasing canes . . . but i just hope in the upcoming years that it improves

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I never could get an interview or a job through carreer day and the tech carreer center. All I know is that they lost out on a good hire.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

haha . . . see the head of my department said they never contact him about it so he could get some people there

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Leigh View Post
    Gavin went got 3 interviews and 2 plant tours set up . . . he said they had a lot more companies there then the last one that he had went to. The only thing i wish that the career day had was more companies besides enginnering. Being a graphic designer i went to one and all i had was target and rasing canes . . . but i just hope in the upcoming years that it improves
    Yeh, that was the only problem I had with it in 2004. It might as well be Engineering career day, Tech doesnt do much for non-engineering grads.

i just wish they would have more oppertunities for us non-engineers

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to your dean or department of whatever you have these days. This should be the person to get those contacts on campus. The recruiters are driven by supply and demand. So if he/she (the dean) has a good supply, he/she needs to seek out the demand.

This should not be the job of the placement center. Their job should be to contact and invite those employers that the faculty identifies.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Keep hoping. The only thing that has changed about Career Day, since I have been there is that it is two days now. One day is Engineering and Science and the next is All others.the "All others" Day is pretty slim. It started pissing me off so I started going during Engineering day because most recruiteers weren't staying both days.

Also, the career center wants you to do all the leg work on getting info for a company you want there. I have asked them on several occasions to get more non-engineering companies and I was always told to get the Name of the company I wanted there, the address, and possibly a contact person and then the career center would try and contact them.

FYI, your request must be turned in to the Career Center by February for the September Career Day.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I've heard "oppertunities" don't knock for you non-engineers.

thanks joe

+ Reply to Thread