+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wii? PS3?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Wii? PS3?

Anyone picking up one of these new consoles this weekend?

I'm personally grabbing a Wii. I got a chance to play a demo unit a couple weeks ago, and the accuracy of the remote control is amazing. I think this thing has a chance to do what consoles what the DS (the fastest selling system of this or any other year) did with handhelds -- open up a whole new market of gamers.

I'm sure I'll end up getting a PS3 when (a) some decent games come out for it, and (b) it doesn't cost 600 dollars.

Seriously, how can parents afford that? What do they tell their children Christmas morning? Shame on Sony. Putting spyware on your music CDs was bad enough. This is just ridiculous.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Wii? PS3?

You tell your kids, Umm... sorry... life doesn't work that way. you can't always get what you want.

As far as sony?? Shame on them for not tripling their supply. They sell so few of them that people are hogging them and then going and selling them on eBay. I heard that some are already at bids of $3,000. YES, that's THREE THOUSAND dollars. (Work blocks eBay, so I can't confirm.)

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

On ebay, the highest "buy it now" price I came across was half a million dollars and the highest price I found was $45,000. The highest bid I found is $6000. There were some sparce bids around $3000, but it seems like the most of the bids were between one and two thousand.

However, this guy, who is selling the fact that he got in line for a PS3, is my hero:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStation...QQcmdZViewItem

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

they have people camping out in front of Circuit City in kenner for the Wii!!!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I heard there was this kid who froze himself because he couldn't take the anticipation. The plan was to be unfrozen on the day that the Wii came out. Sadly, the boy, who froze himself in the mountains of Colarado, was lost after a heavy snow storm...we'll miss you Eric.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

hahah

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I heard there was this kid who froze himself because he couldn't take the anticipation. The plan was to be unfrozen on the day that the Wii came out. Sadly, the boy, who froze himself in the mountains of Colarado, was lost after a heavy snow storm...we'll miss you Eric.
    I saw that the other day. How do they come up with that crap?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Has anyone picked up the PS 3 yet? If so, how do you like it? Also wondering how the PS 2 games look on it.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Has anyone picked up the PS 3 yet? If so, how do you like it? Also wondering how the PS 2 games look on it.

I understand that there is a recall on the PS3s. I just got back from waiting in line at WalMart to get my WII. I was lucky. I checked last week and they said they were getting 20 in last night. So, since I'm up early anyway, I thought I'd drive by to see if any were left. They had a list you had to sign up to get one. I was number 19. There were more who signed up before me, but you had to be present every two hours because they took roll call and if you weren't there, they scratched your name off the list. I was able to get in because some people had their names scratched off. Anyway, I'm debating on waiting until Christmas to try it out. One kid had spent the night outside in the cold (they wouldn't let you stay in the store unless you were shopping) to be sure to get one. It was for his 3 little brothers, he said. He was #5 on the list.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Just got a Playstation 3 from a friend of mine who was trying to sell it on ebay and couldn't so I got it from him at cost. I was going to get one eventually so I went ahead and made the purchase and it is amazing! I think the biggest knock on the ps3 is the price, but in the long run if you invest in one along with an HDTV you will not regret it. Yes I know that price range is around $1,500 after games and what not, but the quality of picture is great and if you get the 60gb then you might as well tell yourself you're investing in a new computer because that's what it is. If you want you can design an entertainment center in your living room with a ps3 because you can play blue ray discs on it.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

if you were to unlock all the cars on one of the racing games, you have to pay for mods on ps3, one single game could run $1,000. If you have HD the graphics on the 360 are very near the same.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I enjoy all three consoles, but with the ps3 failure rate and their price games with accessories and games. The Wii and 360 are still killing them. One of my players dads works for Sony and they aren't happy in the US with the failure rate at all.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I enjoy all three consoles, but with the ps3 failure rate and their price games with accessories and games. The Wii and 360 are still killing them. One of my players dads works for Sony and they aren't happy in the US with the failure rate at all.
    So any chances of prices of the consoles going down or games going down to help build interest? It doesn't happen too often that Sony gets behind both Nintendo and Microsoft. I'm loving the whole blue ray and free online play. I have the game Resistence:Fall of Man and you can play up to 40 online players at one time!

+ Reply to Thread