+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Heroes" on NBC

Puppy Drunken Rogue is an unknown Drunken Rogue's Avatar

Big Grin "Heroes" on NBC

Alright, so the "Lost" thread has done well, the "24" thread is a juggernaut. So why not a thread for the coolest new show, "Heroes"?

Have you been watching? What do you like/or don't like? Check it out on NBC.com and respond in this thread.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: "Heroes" on NBC

I really like Friday Night Lights more than any other new series this Fall.

I didn't really like Hero's. Pretty cliche stuff (for me anyway, I'm a big comics guy).

What we really need to be discussing is The Wire. Probably the best show on American television in my lifetime. The Sopranos is a joke compared to this show.

"The Sopranos" is a joke? Pretty strong word, my friend. Although I'll grant you that I haven't found time for "The Wire" yet, so I'll reserve my judgement there. I've heard nothing but good things about it thus far.

Too bad you didn't like "Heroes"! I thought it was a great atmospheric set-up for what (I hope) will be a great series. I grew up as a big comic book fan, and ever since I saw "Unbreakable" I have been expecting a great TV series along the same lines. I think "Heroes" could be that show. You oughta give it another chance.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Rogue View Post
    "The Sopranos" is a joke? Pretty strong word, my friend. Although I'll grant you that I haven't found time for "The Wire" yet, so I'll reserve my judgement there. I've heard nothing but good things about it thus far.

Too bad you didn't like "Heroes"! I thought it was a great atmospheric set-up for what (I hope) will be a great series. I grew up as a big comic book fan, and ever since I saw "Unbreakable" I have been expecting a great TV series along the same lines. I think "Heroes" could be that show. You oughta give it another chance.
    Oh, I'll totally give it a chance. I love the genre.

I LOVED Unbreakable! Glad to see a fellow fan of that one. Such a great superhero movie. Too bad it was marketed as a thriller. I think it's really underrated.

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

I have enjoyed Heroes so far. I think it is a good show and I cannot wait to see where they are taking the whole bomb thing in New York. Also the killer who takes out people's brains.

Seriously, what better way to kick off a superhero series, than with dueling threats: A New York Apocalypse, and a Super Powered Serial Killer?

Incidentally, am I the only one that thinks the politician brother is going to turn out to be an evil mastermind (ala Lex Luthor)?

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Rogue View Post
    Incidentally, am I the only one that thinks the politician brother is going to turn out to be an evil mastermind (ala Lex Luthor)?

I think you are right about the guy's brother turning out to be evil but I think the girl's dad is going to be like the head researcher for the project of how they got their superpowers.

So we are now four episodes into "Heroes" it's already been picked up for a full season by NBC, and we now know the "prophecy" the heroes must act upon, "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World." What are your favorite characters thus far? Who don't you like? What do you want to see next?

As for me, Hiro is the center of this show. He brings the humor that Hurley brings to "Lost" but also has one of (if not the coolest) power thus far revealed. I also am growing to like both the Petrelli brothers. I'm glad to see that Nathan might not be the one-dimensional scum-bucket politician we initially suspected, and Peter is actually driving the plot forward by searching out his destiny.

I don't like the fact that we still don't really know what Ali Larter's character (Nikki) can do. She blacks out and gets violent is all we've seen thus far.

I'm looking forward to a real superhero/supervillian showdown. But I suspect (based on the current pace of the show) that it won't come until near season end. The good news is, this show is almost guaranteed to be action packed in future seasons. Woohoo!

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

so, this is an idea i want to bounce off whoever might be watching this show: does peter petrelli have a power of his own or does he just mirror the powers of the other special people around him?--when he's around his brother he flies, around isaac (i think that's the junkie-painter's name) he can see the future, and he was the only one to exist outside of time with hiro in the subway...just a thought, but if it's true he could wind up being pretty dang powerful. he was obviously important since it was him who hiro chose to contact. i like hiro and peter right now...and i wouldn't be surprised if micah, nikki's kid, wound up being fairly powerful seeing as in the previews for next week it looks like his dad can go through walls and stuff.

ok, that's all i got for now.

I have been surprised by how action packed this show is. I am really liking it right now. I think you are right sik-m-boi about Peter's powers since he said that he could not fly unless he was around someone like him. He did not fly until his brother was around in an eariler esp.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Yeah, Peter's powers are definitely Rogue(of XMen)-like, which could make him very powerful if he ever learns to keep the powers he copies. Hiro is my favorite character by far. His enthusiasm is great.

Some internet rumors are saying the mind-reading cop's storyline is in the past, and the little girl he saved was Claire. Because the only people the mindreader has interacted with was mind-wiper and Claire's dad. So Claire's dad could have taken the little girl, and mind-wiped her, and just raised her as his child, which is why Claire doesnt remember her family being slaughtered.

I'm not sure how much I believe that rumor, since in the mind-reader's story, Sylar is already pretty popular among the Feds, and the other storylines make it sound like Sylar didnt go crazy until older Suresh had been working with him on his powers for a while.

I think it's pretty obvious "be the one we need" that they are setting Peter up to be the leader of the "team" whenever they get around to forming one. I at first was sure that Nathan was a bad guy, but now I really hope I'm wrong on that one.

I am very excited to find out about Nikki's son. Since both his mother and father are "special" he should be as well.

The idea that Matt's story is in the past is one I have not considered. That would be incredibly interesting. I don't think that's the way they'll take it, but you never know. As long as they keep up the solid writing and the "comic book" feel, I'm along with this show for the long haul.

bump

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i know somebody watched tonight. so let's revive this thread.

I loved Hiro meeting Hiro of the future. Hiro is my fav right now.

+ Reply to Thread