+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Heroes" on NBC

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by bigwagee View Post
    I loved Hiro meeting Hiro of the future. Hiro is my fav right now.
    Hey bigwagee, have you checked out the new Horsemen DVD? If not, you need to! Great stuff, man.

I'll be watching this episode of Hero's on the ol' DVR this afternoon. Thoughts thereafter.

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

No, Luminaire I have not checked out the Horsemen DVD. I will put it down to do.

Puppy Drunken Rogue is an unknown Drunken Rogue's Avatar

Oh wow! Much like "Lost" I was scared of how the long layoff (seven weeks for "Heroes") would affect the show's pace and ratings, but apparently there was no reason for me to worry.

I feel like I can say without a doubt that this year, this is the best show on TV. More consistently entertaining and suspenseful, well acted and written (unlike "24" this year), and above all so completely different than anything else that's on TV (not that different than what we grew up reading in comic books though.

Incidentally, if you guys aren't checking out the online graphic novels you totally should at NBC.com. During the hiatus there was a short series giving some of Linderman's backstory and today (**** Spoiler if you haven't seen last night's episode****)

there is a peak at Future Hiro and why he said "You!" to past Hiro with such bitterness.

(****End Spoiler*****)

I'm really excited to see more of this world and can't wait to watch it all again on DVD this summer.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

looks like we're headed for a big boom in manhattan. anybody but me and rogue still watching this?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

It's one of two shows I don't miss (Lost being the other) I guess they have in common the difficulty of having any idea what's coming. I'm interested to see how Isaac (is that the kid's name?) plays into this. My understanding is that the story arc is supposed to actually end, though many characters will carry over. I'm wondering if they'll get rid of Silar.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    It's one of two shows I don't miss (Lost being the other) I guess they have in common the difficulty of having any idea what's coming. I'm interested to see how Isaac (is that the kid's name?) plays into this. My understanding is that the story arc is supposed to actually end, though many characters will carry over. I'm wondering if they'll get rid of Silar.
    isaac is the dead painter. the kid is micah. you got your prophets mixed up.

sylar is a good character, it would be a shame to kill him off...maybe incapacitae him in some way so he can be used for later.

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

It looks to me that micah is going to set the bomb off for Lindermen.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I have a feeling Micah will do something with alteration of the voting so Nathan Petrelli can win (next episode will be called "landslide"). His ability is something to do with electronics. I imagine he will get Nathan to win the election (currently Nathan is doing really bad in the polls). Something big will happen on election day...whenever they show scenes from the past from previous episodes...you'll always see something of Nathan's election. What Linderman doesn't know is that Syler will transform himself into Nathan by killing that chick who can change to different ppl....(he will also then kill Nathan and the firehand guy...so he can have the powers of flight and fire)

Peter is the bomb...but what will happen is that Syler will transform into Nathan and walk towards Peter and have him blow up.....Even though Peter can absorb ppls power he doesn't really know how to control them...what makes Syler different is that he can control them instantly. Looks like Peter has to learn how to use them. What keeps Syler alive is that by killing Nathan he can fly...when Peter is about to blow I bet Syler will fly away.
    Last edited by qng001; 05-09-2007 at 10:01 AM.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

No discussion of the final episode?

I found it rather anti-climatic. Nathan's sudden change of heart didn't fit the story well. The battle wasn't much. And they tried to do way too much in 15 minutes. Why didn't they do a 2 hour finale and handle it better with a hit show?

Apparently Sylar isn't really dead. That's the other thing I didn't care for. Too powerful super-villains are just not really that interesting. It takes too many miracles for people not to be killed by them.

On the plus side, they did show that they are willing to let a dangerous situation have some real consequences (though I won't be shocked if Peter shows back up as well). My understanding is the cast isn't necessarily going to be the same each year, so that makes that a lot easier to do.

I read during the break of the first half and second half of the season. They are having web shows where they introduce one new hero each week. The viewers then vote on which hero is going to join the cast for the second half.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I stayed away from this thread because I have been watching on DVR. I finally finished them the other night and I have to agree. Way to much happened in the last 15 min to really make an impact.

I also have a couple questions. How is Sylar not dead? And what happened at the very end when it said "Vol. 2"? (Dang wife was recording something else right after ward and I missed the last minute.) And don't just tell me you find out Sylar isn't dead. (and you know some of you smart asses were going to do it) Tell me how!

You just have Hiro in ancient Japan with his hero on horseback.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

You see an ancient hero ride up on horseback holding a flag with the same symbol niki/jessica has on her back. I don't know if it is Kensai or who, but I have read where season 2 is going to explore the heritage of how the heroes lineage came to pass!

I just read that volume 2 is not going to last the whole season. It will more then likely end before Christmas and then volume 3 will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwagee View Post
    You just have Hiro in ancient Japan with his hero on horseback.
    btw, i am pretty sure that kensei is hiro's dad (george takei) if you still have it dvr-ed, look kensei's eyes...looks a heck of a lot like 'mr sulu.'

and i would have posted this earlier but, i was over seas with limited internet access.

+ Reply to Thread