+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Heroes" on NBC

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

Re: "Heroes" on NBC

I was wondering what you thought of the first show this year. I think it was pretty good. A lot of questions.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I liked it, it was very good. Wonder how they will introduce Sylar?

Puppy Drunken Rogue is an unknown Drunken Rogue's Avatar

I thought the premier was good but not great. It's got a lot to live up to with some of last year's episodes like "Company Man". I'm sure the new characters (Maya and Alejandro) will eventually be great but right now I just don't care about them. I though Nathan and Peter's introductions rocked, and the scene with the Bennett's (or is it Butler's) at dinner was hilarious. The big question is who "killed" Hiro's Dad, and who are the rest of the "nine" (although, I guess now there are eight of them)?

Bring on Sylar and Molly's "Boogieman"!

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

nathan's beard is sweet. i hope he rocks that for a while.

oh, and i'm not a fan of douchey, robot-alien boy.

Puppy Wolverine55 is an unknown

I have never watched this show. Am I missing anything good?

Puppy Drunken Rogue is an unknown Drunken Rogue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine55 View Post
    I have never watched this show. Am I missing anything good?
    Where to begin, my sad little Heroes-less friend? You're missing a lot. While the writing does stick to a somewhat melodramatic tone that isn't for everybody (although, isn't everybody watching Grey's Anatomy? That's pretty freakin' melodramatic!), it is absolutely perfect for anyone who ever picked up a comic book.

It's got consistently great cliffhangers, lovable heroes, detestable villians (and lots of grey areas in between), and a mythology that grows larger every week.

Rent or buy the First season DVD set and then take a couple of days off from work, 'cause you're not gonna get anything else done. Once you finish those episodes, catch up on this season with iTunes, NBC.com or Amazon Unbox (or the slightly less legal ways of downloading shows). It's a show that is well worth your time.

What day does "Heroes" come on? I hope it is on a Friday or a weekend. Mondays are for CSI:Miami..... Tuesdays are for NCIS.......Wednesdays are for CSI:New York....... Thursdays are Survivor! I DVR most of these shows due to the fact I am following a high school basketball team all over the globe---- well not all over the globe, but you get the drift! I need a new show to watch!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

You'll get hoooked on "Heroes". I totally love it. I'm glad NBC is airing a sci-fi show....they did really well with Quantum Leap and SeaQuest back in the days.

Oh yeah, just to let you know Wolverine...each show is a Chapter like a book...so it'll start off slow and the story will climax towards the end of the season.

I really liked Quantum Leap! I think I will search it tonight and set it to record on DVR! I'll report back after watching!:icon_wink:

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Just watched the most recent episode (DVR is a wonderful thing) and wow the writers need to do some research. Micah's female cousin (one that can do anything she sees on TV) in New Orleans saying "The county was hit pretty hard since the hurricane." Parishes not counties, also her coworker's accent horribly wrong sounds like she's from Texas not NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Just watched the most recent episode (DVR is a wonderful thing) and wow the writers need to do some research. Micah's female cousin (one that can do anything she sees on TV) in New Orleans saying "The county was hit pretty hard since the hurricane." Parishes not counties, also her coworker's accent horribly wrong sounds like she's from Texas not NOLA.
    Yeah i noticed that too. The accent I can get over with, outside of new orleans I don't expect people would know what a Cajun/New Orleans accent sounds like. So I can see how they made that mistake. Overall it was a good episode like the others...just wish they caught the county/parish thing.

Thinking about it...would people know what a parish is outside of Louisiana? Did they meant to use "county" so most of their viewers would understand?

Tried to search "Heroes" last night on Dish, and could not find it. I don't think I can get NBC on Dish Network. It was a let down! I was really wanting to watch this new show!:bigcry:

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

What has happened to Sylar's powers?

My speculation is that he lost his powers when he got stabbed by Hiro with the sword. Theres something magical with the sword that has the symbol on it.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Since Sylar uses a physical process to absorb powers (eat the brain or something) then I expect a physical wound could take them away.

My question is why would the company revive him? He already showed that they can't control him and that he'd kill them.

+ Reply to Thread