+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once Again...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Once Again...

The dawgs are blown out and the board lights up with tons of posts from people who can't wait to pile it on. Nevermind who we've lost to. Forge the fact that we've played 4 road games and three of them have been against top 25 teams. You guys are ridiculous. I'm not excusing our play...we're bad...but, we're in a conference with some bad teams. The season isn't over, in fact, it's gone exactly how most reasonable people thought it would go. No wonder the administration doesn't take us seriously...
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Re: Once Again...

I think what has most upset, was not that we lost, you are exactly right, most expected that, but it is how we lost- outscored 204- 38, against those that we lost.

A good coach, may not have won those games, but we would have at least been competitive.

Bicknell is using the excuse and apparently has you brainwashed as well, "look of who we played, no one xpected to win those", to keep from having to do his job.

Evidence yet again for a need of change in coaching.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

A change in coaching will do nothing until there's a change in the administration. Who said that I was happy with the way we lost? I'm pissed about it, but that doesn't mean I can't be rational. WE lost to 3 top 25 teams...period. We should've beat A&M. Has the coaching been stellar? No! Have our performances been stellar? No! Does getting blown out by Clemson, Nebraksa, A&M, and Boise mean that this season is lost and there's no way we'll compete in conference? No!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    Bicknell is using the excuse and apparently has you brainwashed as well, "look of who we played, no one xpected to win those", to keep from having to do his job.

Evidence yet again for a need of change in coaching.
    Once again...

Changing the coach does not really solve any of our problems. It will be more of the same until there is commitment to progress from the AD. And since that seems unlikely from the current incumbent, then our next best chance to see progress is with a change in that position. THEN we can talk about the myriad coaching changes that need to be made all over the department.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    A change in coaching will do nothing until there's a change in the administration. Who said that I was happy with the way we lost? I'm pissed about it, but that doesn't mean I can't be rational. WE lost to 3 top 25 teams...period. We should've beat A&M. Has the coaching been stellar? No! Have our performances been stellar? No! Does getting blown out by Clemson, Nebraksa, A&M, and Boise mean that this season is lost and there's no way we'll compete in conference? No!
    What are we competing for? A WAC championship. We don't even show up for our first conference game.....the one that we were blowing all of these money games to look forward to preparing for. What good did that do? Our losing attitude gives us nothing to compete for! When you go in spotting games, the losing attitude is a rotten cancer that is hard to get out.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    What are we competing for? A WAC championship. We don't even show up for our first conference game.....the one that we were blowing all of these money games to look forward to preparing for. What good did that do? Our losing attitude gives us nothing to compete for! When you go in spotting games, the losing attitude is a rotten cancer that is hard to get out.
    Our losing mentality, spawned by our coaches' response to a spiteful schedule from our AD, is probably a good chunk of our trouble right now. But I think it is more like a cold than a cancer, and a little bit of winning can go a long way, if the team can just drag themselves out of bed and gut up and PLAY.

Wait until you see what everyone else does against Boise. A VERY improved Hawaii team played them well...no one else will play them that close this year. We didn't perform well, but as usual, people on this board are acting like we've just been demolished by ULM. Boise is good and I don't think they'll lose a game this year.

Puppy LaTechDawg has turned a few heads around hereLaTechDawg has turned a few heads around hereLaTechDawg has turned a few heads around hereLaTechDawg has turned a few heads around here

Anyone who thought we would go better than 1-3 in non conference was simply not sane. Our best chance to go 2-2 was a win at A&M, and that was still no better than a 10% chance.

Until someone pledges 2.5M for the next 5 years or so to cover these $$$ games, I dont see how we can pull our selves away from the cash teet that is Nebraska, Miami, Clemson, A&M, Tennessee, etc...

It takes money to run these programs and we are not selling enough tickets or raising enough funds, so we are forced to balance the books this way. And the state isnt going to give any more either.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

We can obtain enough funds to stay afloat by playing Baylors, Kansas, Vanderbilt, and Duke. Then if our admin would get off their butt and do something we would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechDawg View Post
    It takes money to run these programs and we are not selling enough tickets or raising enough funds, so we are forced to balance the books this way. And the state isnt going to give any more either.

And whose job is that?

If the plan was to BUILD our program, then they would lay off the money games and schedule more of the 2-for-1s that offer regional competition (butts in seats) and more reasonable chances of success. We would also not be scheduling so many brutal games back-to-back.

It would take WORK and a few years of hard times financially, but rational scheduling and actual fundraising (e.g., corporate sponsorships) would eventually replace some of the money from those body bag games.

Heck, if we would just follow the WAC strategic plan that our president signed, then a lot of our troubles would ease.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechDawg View Post
    Anyone who thought we would go better than 1-3 in non conference was simply not sane. Our best chance to go 2-2 was a win at A&M, and that was still no better than a 10% chance.

Until someone pledges 2.5M for the next 5 years or so to cover these $$$ games, I dont see how we can pull our selves away from the cash teet that is Nebraska, Miami, Clemson, A&M, Tennessee, etc...

Great plan. We'll have enought money to fund a program, but no fans to go to games to see their team lose. Does that sound like a good trade-off to you?

Don't you think a better long term solution is to get the team winning against opponents it can beat to get more fans to the games spending their money, resulting in more income for Tech and loyalty from its fans and supporters?

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

Crowton had the same AD and Pres. Also, he had no conference money.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

The dawgs are blown out and the board lights up with tons of posts from people who can't wait to pile it on. Nevermind who we've lost to. Forge the fact that we've played 4 road games and three of them have been against top 25 teams. You guys are ridiculous. I'm not excusing our play...we're bad...but, we're in a conference with some bad teams. The season isn't over, in fact, it's gone exactly how most reasonable people thought it would go. No wonder the administration doesn't take us seriously...
    Johnny, you and Jack better wake up. That type of mindset will get our butts kicked every time. I know in the past there were some gimmes on the schedule, but not anymore. This conference has some VERY competitive teams, so I would suggest that we lose this attitude that we're superior to our conference opponents

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Johnny, you and Jack better wake up. That type of mindset will get our butts kicked every time. I know in the past there were some gimmes on the schedule, but not anymore. This conference has some VERY competitive teams, so I would suggest that we lose this attitude that we're superior to our conference opponents
    How is saying that we're bad, and they're bad too an attitude of superiority? Sounds to me like a text book definition of equality. I'm merely trying to infuse a little reason into the rampant whining on this board. Sure we've looked like crap...we've also played the best teams on our schedule in 3 consecutive weeks AWAY! I'm not saying we're superior, but posts about us losing to Idaho at home for 4 or 5 TDs are ridiculous.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

How is saying that we're bad, and they're bad too an attitude of superiority? Sounds to me like a text book definition of equality. I'm merely trying to infuse a little reason into the rampant whining on this board. Sure we've looked like crap...we've also played the best teams on our schedule in 3 consecutive weeks AWAY! I'm not saying we're superior, but posts about us losing to Idaho at home for 4 or 5 TDs are ridiculous.
    I know, but we better quit believing other teams are bad.

+ Reply to Thread