+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fantasy Football Update: 5 Games In

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Fantasy Football Update: 5 Games In

So, how's everyone's teams coming along? I'm sitting at 4-1 right now, with a blowout loss in week 1 and huge point totals every week thereafter. Currently I'm the highest scoring team in the league.

I picked up Grossman and Berrian after week one, feeling that their production wasn't a fluke, and boy did that pay off. At the time, only 15% of the leagues on our provider had Rex claimed. Huge point totals for those two. Andre Johnson has also been lights out. Ditto for Jeff Wilkins.

Here's a current look at my team:

QB: Grossman, Bledsoe -- Rex is blowing up with a very favorable schedule ahead

RB: Carnell Williams, Maurice Drew -- I need more production here. I love Drew and will start him until he stops producing.

RB: Kevin Jones, Travis Henry -- As you can see, I could use some help at the RB position. This, if anything, will be my downfall down the stretch.

WR: Bernard Berrian -- Lights out.

WR: Andre Johnson -- Ditto.

WR: Steve Smith, Lee Evans -- Yep.

TE: Chris Cooley -- I also had Vernon Davis before his injury. Need a solid backup here.

D: Broncos, Patriots -- Schedules compliment each other very well.

K: Jeff Wilkins -- The best.

I really like my chances, and my team has been a great surprise so far. Smith was my only marquee guy, and he isn't even my 2nd highest performing WR.

So, how's everyone else shaping up?

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: Fantasy Football Update: 5 Games In

@#$#!^%#$ I am tied for 3rd in a 14 team league but 5th in a 6 team league. Westbrook is killing me in the 6 team league. My running backs are S Alexander and B Westbrook. I should be killin em. Alexander has been a non factor so far. I don't play Westbrook in week 3 because he is Q and hasn't practiced. He scores 25 points for me on the bench. "L" Same thing week 4 but I play him. He doesn't play. Zero points. "T" Same thing week 5. I don't play him again. He scores 17 points for me on the bench. "L" Maybe we can work out an inter-league trade. #@!%$#&^%*!!

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I'm undefeated in one league, have two 3-2 teams and have one team that stinks. Odd thing is that I'd think the 1-4 team would be better than one of the 3-2 teams. My worst early draft choice appears to be Lamont Jordan (picked at #13). Best pickups were Fred Taylor and Warrick Dunn -- both of whom were cheap later round pickups who are outperforming most of the top 10 backs.

My biggest problem is that none of my sleeper backs have blossomed enough to trade for better receiving (Rhodes, Bell, etc.). Or the people who need RB help also stink at receiver because they drafted QBs too early.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

I'm 3-2 with a loss to the 1st & 2nd place guys right now. The week I lost to the 1st place guy I had the second highest point total! My team is OK but I'm really worried about depth. Lost Chris Simms as my backup QB, so I have NO backup now. Drafted Lundy and Gado late in the draft and now they are both riding the pine in Houston of all places! Randy Moss needs to shut the hell up and just play football also. Other than that, everything is fine!!!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

5-0 in a 12 team league and have already beat #2 amd #3.

Qb- McNabb-Brady
    RB- Tiki, Foster, Westbrook
    WR- Harrison, Moss, Johnson
    TE- McMichael, Stevens
    K- Scobee, Tynes
    DEF- Pitt and NE

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

I am 2-3 in a 10 team league. We have a strange lineup but I didn't make up the rules. This is my team:

QB - Hasselback and Delhomme - need more touchdowns from them except for Hasselbacks' 5 TD game 2 weeks ago.

RB - Stephen Jackson, Frank Gore, Warrick Dunn, and Cadillac Williams. CW has been useless.

WR - Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Santana Moss, and Derrick Mason. I picked Smith up off waivers - somebody cut him after week 2. Johnson has been amazing. Moss is inconsistent, but I love his big weeks.

TE - Kellen Winslow and Algae Crumpler. Solid here. Winslow has played well.

K - John Carney

DEF - Carolina and Buffalo. Carolina struggled early, but scored 18 points for me this week.

D - Keith Bulluck and Bart Scott.

Puppy Drunken Rogue is an unknown Drunken Rogue's Avatar

I got two words for you...Frank Gore! I'm 3-2 in three leagues and 1-4 in one. I made bonehead (or just unlucky) choices with Ben Rothlesberger in that 1-4 league. The others I've got Carson Palmer, and Baltimore Def. But Frank Gore as my 2nd or 3rd RB is what has made the difference.

I love fantasy football.

+ Reply to Thread