+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WAC Plan...what it means to us!

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Re: WAC Plan...what it means to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Some good did come out of Benson's trip. Oakes went to a soccer match this weekend. I know Oakes has never been to a tennis match, so I assume he has never been to a soccer match. I'm sure his attendance inspired the team to greater heights.
    I'm not here to defend JO, but I have seen him at every home soccer match this fall and just about every volleyball match. Back in the spring, he probably made 80-90% of the softball games. You know what they say about assumptions...

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Giving encouragement is not what comes to mind when I think of Oakes and Benson. So unless we see hard evidence between now and then, and you know we won't, I think I'll be preparing my "no punches held" questions.
    Based on past and current evidence, I can't see the encouragement scenario happening either. All ammo should be expended during the meeting if the status quo continues.

But if by either real effort or even blind luck some positive steps are evident over the next few months, only the tone should be softened somewhat. Of utmost importance is that the message should be the same...make the progress that we all expect and must demand.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    I'm not here to defend JO, ...
    Yes you are. Don't be ashamed to defend him if you believe he needs defending. I certainly would.

If he has been to those events, great. I do know the few I have been to, I haven't seen him there, but again, I certainly did not, and am not claiming he does not attend. With that said, I would still be surprised if your post is correct. Not doubting your credibility, just doubting he makes that percentage of those events. He has NEVER been to a tennis match. Is he a softball fan or something? Again, if he is, great. Kudos to Oakes.
    Last edited by Soonerdawg; 10-22-2006 at 04:36 PM.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

He MIGHT have made ONE baseball game last year, but I don't recall seeing him and I was at every game.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    He MIGHT have made ONE baseball game last year, but I don't recall seeing him and I was at every game.
    I made two baseball games and he was at both.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

WAC Plan...what it means to us!

VERY DAMNED LITTLE, IF WE KEEP THE SAME AD!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I think JO could do pretty well on the WAC plan if he were required to; or at least I don't see clear evidence to the contrary. Remember, his primary task for all these years has been to keep the budget balanced and maintain the status quo.

I think the WAC plan gives us an objective standard to hold the administration to. Dr. Reneau signed off on this, and therefore he should be encouraged to support it. Oakes should likewise be given the opportunity to carry it out. and his performance should be evaluated based on this new standard.

I don't believe it is entirely fair to fire someone who fails to attain a standard that was not required by one's superiors. Raise the standard and give the incumbent a chance to meet the new standard. Then evaluate his performance based on the new standard.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

We need more than just a plan

We need a core ideology such as: "At Lousiana Tech, the fans, students, and alumni are customers and the customer is number 1 ahead of everything else. If you are not supporting the customer or those who do, then we don't need you"

We need an envisioned future such as: "In 5-10 years Louisiana Tech will be competing for a BCS bowl bid and in 15-20 years, hte national championship" "Louisiana Tech will be THE place to be on Saturdays in North Lousiana".

We need an admin that thinks like this and works hard to accomplish these goals.

Its so easy a caveman can do it :icon_wink:

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post

We need a core ideology such as: "At Lousiana Tech, the fans, students, and alumni are customers and the customer is number 1 ahead of everything else. If you are not supporting the customer or those who do, then we don't need you"

We need an envisioned future such as: "In 5-10 years Louisiana Tech will be competing for a BCS bowl bid and in 15-20 years, hte national championship" "Louisiana Tech will be THE place to be on Saturdays in North Lousiana".

We need an admin that thinks like this and works hard to accomplish these goals.

I agree in principle, but the WAC plan gives us an objective standard by which to measure progress to fulfilling the type of vision you speak of. Remember, we are dealing with a bunch of engineers here.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I agree in principle, but the WAC plan gives us an objective standard by which to measure progress to fulfilling the type of vision you speak of.

Yeah, I was really hoping that would be the case too. But I heard Dave interview Benson at the game and Benson assured Dave that the Plan was not an attempt to take any kind of punitive action towards any of the WAC members (ie: Temple). He spoke very highly of the new lights and the new turf at the stadium and said that was the kind of commitment to athletics that they were talking about in the plan. He praised us for our efforts in this 1.5 mil improvement in our facilities. Looks like the spinster is way ahead of us.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

If we had leadership that valued us fans as custmers there would be no spinning and avoidance of our concerns. It seems that since our athletic department is run by politicians that our fans are treated like either voters or worse opposing parties.

If the adminstration truly treated its fans as valued customers, there would be open feedback and communication with us. This is simply not the case at Tech.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I have seen him at many baseball games too. Maybe he just hates tennis.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post

Slow down Gecko.... let's walk before we run.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Slow down Gecko.... let's walk before we run.
    8 years ago we beat Boise St. 63-28.

Now, they are competing for a BCS bowl.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Yeah, I was wrong.....I was thinking DR. Oakes made some games last year, but DR did not.
    Sorry about the mistake, I have had a rough week....not much sleep.

+ Reply to Thread