+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WAC Plan...what it means to us!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: WAC Plan...what it means to us!

Yes, they did away with the 30K rule when the BCS guys realized they were about to run out of 1A patsies to play. Then just to make sure, they decided to allow a 1AA game each year so they wouldn't have to worry when some of the patsies were forced to go down to 1AA due to the 15K rule.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yes, they did away with the 30K rule when the BCS guys realized they were about to run out of 1A patsies to play. Then just to make sure, they decided to allow a 1AA game each year so they wouldn't have to worry when some of the patsies were forced to go down to 1AA due to the 15K rule.
    Even more to make sure, a blind eye was turned when Florida Atlantic didn't come close to meeting the 15K requirement and was still allowed to complete the move to I-A this year.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

We had the pre-game show on while we were tailgating and they were discussing the WAC plan. But we were visiting and talking and eating and drinking and it was just kind of in the background but I'm pretty sure I heard Dave say that part of the plan would be to not allow more than two money away games per year. If this is true, this could be the absolute best part of the whole plan. JO will not be able to survive under those restrictions.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Jo was on the pregame Fox and Company show.

You could tell from his tone, that he did not think tech could meet all of the goals and that the real objective was to continue to move forward (I actually agree with that to some extent but think we should make every attempt to meet those goals). He went on to defend his scheduling as the only way to fund the program and made no mention that he expected it to change.

Fox also mentioned that the plan required each school to create their own plan. JO said that was not a problem, Tech already has public and none-public plans.

I looked on the website, program, and listened for it on the PA system. I have yet to find this public plan, calling it public is very generous. It is certainly not being sold to the general public. That needs to be stressed to the WAC when they come to Ruston. Think I will send a letter to the WAC expressing my concern over this when it comes time for the meeting.
    Last edited by CaseyDawg; 10-17-2006 at 09:09 AM.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

yeah, they put out the gameplan a couple of years ago because we had been riding them forever about not having a plan.

i still have it on my desk. it says a lot of good things, but nothing has been done towards those goals. my favorite one was we should only play 2 bcs teams a year.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post

You could tell from his tone, that he did not think tech could meet all of the goals and that the real objective was to continue to move forward (I actually agree with that to some extent but think we should make every attempt to meet those goals). He went on to defend his scheduling as the only way to fund the program and made no mention that he expected it to change.

Fox also mentioned that the plan required each school to create their own plan. JO said that was not a problem, Tech already has public and none-public plans.

I looked on the website, program, and listened for it on the PA system. I have yet to find this public plan, calling it public is very generous. It is certainly not being sold to the general public. That needs to be stressed to the WAC when they come to Ruston. Think I will send a letter to the WAC expressing my concern over this when it comes time for the meeting.
    Jim, being a politican is a spinmeister. Most politicians are used to lying and for the most part not being called on the carpet for it.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Send it now. Maybe they will move us up on the visitation list.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I don't know if this means anything, but the WAC commissioner is in town.

I hope we impress him with a huge attendance and a dominating win.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

He went on to defend his scheduling as the only way to fund the program and made no mention that he expected it to change.
    B.S. His scheduling is the only way to fund the entire athletic program. He obviously made it sound like his scheduling is the only way to fund the football team, and that is a pile!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I don't know if this means anything, but the WAC commissioner is in town.

I hope we impress him with a huge attendance and a dominating win.
    Yeah, impressing that goof ball should be at the top of Tech's priority list right now.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Yeah, impressing that goof ball should be at the top of Tech's priority list right now.
    That's the first time someone said "goof ball" about someone in a picture with me and someone else and they were referring to the someone else.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Karl Benson confirmed that he will be in Ruston next spring for the town hall meeting as part of the WAC strategic plan.

I actually like the fact that the meeting isn't happening immediately. It will allow several months for gathering evidence of whether JO and DR are just talking the talk or intend to walk the walk.

No punches should be pulled at the meeting if they are just talking. If there is evidence of progress by spring, they should be given encouragement to keep moving in the right direction.

Giving encouragement is not what comes to mind when I think of Oakes and Benson. So unless we see hard evidence between now and then, and you know we won't, I think I'll be preparing my "no punches held" questions.

Benson has said in at least two different interviews that the plan was meant to "encourage" WAC schools, not to punish those who don't meet the requirements.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Benson has said in at least two different interviews that the plan was meant to "encourage" WAC schools, not to punish those who don't meet the requirements.
    Yes, he stated that at halftime last night, as well.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Some good did come out of Benson's trip. Oakes went to a soccer match this weekend. I know Oakes has never been to a tennis match, so I assume he has never been to a soccer match. I'm sure his attendance inspired the team to greater heights.

+ Reply to Thread