+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WARNING

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: WARNING

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    I'd cut DR a BIT of slack because he has done some good things for the academic side of things. I want this to be a huge wakeup call. I think with a proper athletic director and DR having a learning heart (shouldn't academics like to learn from mistakes), he could be reformed. Otherwise, I'm ready for him to retire and bring in a new one!

Markay, I respectfully disagree with you on this. As President, he has final authority/responsibilty for all things Tech. He has done a lot of good on the academic side, but there is more to Tech than that. You have to take care of the total package. He has not done that. Anyway, he has had how many years to learn about this and has not. If this had happened at the start of his administration then I could cut him some slack. I really feel that no significant changes will occur until he steps down. Hope I am wrong, but see nothing that indicates that.

I don't know, maybe I am just totally bummed by the quagmire and cannot see the positives that are out there....

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Markay, I respectfully disagree with you on this. As President, he has final authority/responsibilty for all things Tech. He has done a lot of good on the academic side, but there is more to Tech than that. You have to take care of the total package. He has not done that. Anyway, he has had how many years to learn about this and has not. If this had happened at the start of his administration then I could cut him some slack. I really feel that no significant changes will occur until he steps down. Hope I am wrong, but see nothing that indicates that.

I don't know, maybe I am just totally bummed by the quagmire and cannot see the positives that are out there....
    If I had my druthers, he'd resign tomorrow after firing JO and JBIII. I just think he might deserve to leave on his own terms, and I do think he could have a change of heart. He just deserves a little more slack than the others. If he'd hire the right guy and let them do their job w/out interference from the 16th floor, then I think we wouldn't be complaining about him!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

If he'd hire the right guy and let them do their job w/out interference from the 16th floor, then I think we wouldn't be complaining about him!
    Agreed!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

If I had my druthers, he'd resign tomorrow after firing JO and JBIII. I just think he might deserve to leave on his own terms, and I do think he could have a change of heart. He just deserves a little more slack than the others. If he'd hire the right guy and let them do their job w/out interference from the 16th floor, then I think we wouldn't be complaining about him!
    F. Jay Taylor didn't get to leave on his own terms. I'm sure he would have liked to stay on until Tech got back into Division I-A based on his classic "mandated mediocrity" comments regarding Division I-AA.

Reneau may have have done much for the university, but he is nowhere near the president that Taylor was. So why should Reneau get to stay until he gets all of his pet engineering projects in place? The answer is...he shouldn't.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    F. Jay Taylor didn't get to leave on his own terms. I'm sure he would have liked to stay on until Tech got back into Division I-A based on his classic "mandated mediocrity" comments regarding Division I-AA.

Reneau may have have done much for the university, but he is nowhere near the president that Taylor was. So why should Reneau get to stay until he gets all of his pet engineering projects in place? The answer is...he shouldn't.
    Help me out here. I was a student when F. Jay Taylor retired. What do you mean he didn't get to leave on his terms? Seemed that way to me at the time or was I completely naive and stupid?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Don't you want to add DR to the list as well?
    DR is untouchable, and calling for his head will only weaken the credibility of the movement to replace JO.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

FJ did not leave on his own terms, and we should leave it at that.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Sad subject. Does anyone have any insight to why players have left the program. Are they isolated instances or is there a pattern based on something?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

F Jay was no "yes" man.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I am going to call for Oakes and Bicknell's heads in every post until I get some relief.
    Right there with you.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Read this story from the Houston Chronicle about presidential control and authority. This guy pretty well makes the case that the buck stops at DR's desk. You gotta read the whole thing to get the drift, but it's pretty clear where responsibility lies.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...z/4267360.html

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TXDAWG81 View Post
    Read this story from the Houston Chronicle about presidential control and authority. This guy pretty well makes the case that the buck stops at DR's desk. You gotta read the whole thing to get the drift, but it's pretty clear where responsibility lies.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...z/4267360.html
    If you wanna hold John Lopez up as an athletics guru, I might agree. However, he's just a sports writer...and not one of my favorites.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

MiamiDawgTired

STAY FOCUSED!

+ Reply to Thread