+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: STAY FOCUSED -

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: STAY FOCUSED -

STAY FOCUSED!!!

Louisiana Tech President Dr. Dan Reneau has publicly stated that his vision for the University includes Tech taking its place among the nationally prominent athletic programs in the United States. However, since 1994, Louisiana Tech Athletics has been headed by an Athletic Director whose accomplishments include the following:

10. An independent consulting firm (see the Carr Report) noted that the only athletic department systems that were operating at a "functional" level were those that were administrated by OTHER departments or units of the University.
    9. Tech is perhaps the only Division I-A (FBS) program in the country without an automated ticketing system.[Source: The Carr Report]
    8. Tech's income from sponsorships and advertisements fall well below national and even conference standards. [Source: The Carr Report]
    7. Tech's facilities are rated in the bottom half of the WAC. As of 2004 there was NO master plan for improvements or even maintenance of Tech's athletic facilities. [Source: The Carr Report]
    6. Tech was part of the 2% of all D-IA schools that lost scholarships due to poor scholastic performance. [Source: ESPN]
    5. Under Jim Oakes' administration, Tech's budget for athletics has languished at nearly 70% lower than national average for Division I-A (FBS) athletic programs. Tech's budget is more than 35% lower than the average for its conference. [Source: The Carr Report]

4. La Tech sports lack competitiveness in the WAC and NCAA. [Source: WACSports.com]
    3. Conference USA has said “NO!” to Tech twice during Oakes tenure as Athletic Director.

2. For years the Oakes administration has told Tech fans that BCS programs will not agree to playing home-and-home series with Louisiana Tech, making 'guarantee games' a necessity. In October 2007 the Kansas athletic director went on record saying that he was 'shocked' that Louisiana Tech turned down the home-and-home contract he offered and insisted instead on a single 'guarantee game.'
    1. Tech languishes in the bottom of NCAA Division I A athletics in almost every measure. In 13 years, Jim Oakes has failed to demonstrate that he has the qualifications, skills, or vision to help Tech athletics to grow, improve, or even keep pace with the average NCAA athletic program.

For source documentation for the information provided above, visit www.firejimoakes.com and click on Top 10.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    STAY FOCUSED!!!

Louisiana Tech President Dr. Dan Reneau has publicly stated that his vision for the University includes Tech taking its place among the nationally prominent athletic programs in the United States. However, since 1994, Louisiana Tech Athletics has been headed by an Athletic Director whose accomplishments include the following:

10. An independent consulting firm (see the Carr Report) noted that the only athletic department systems that were operating at a "functional" level were those that were administrated by OTHER departments or units of the University.
    9. Tech is perhaps the only Division I-A (FBS) program in the country without an automated ticketing system.[Source: The Carr Report]
    8. Tech's income from sponsorships and advertisements fall well below national and even conference standards. [Source: The Carr Report]
    7. Tech's facilities are rated in the bottom half of the WAC. As of 2004 there was NO master plan for improvements or even maintenance of Tech's athletic facilities. [Source: The Carr Report]
    6. Tech was part of the 2% of all D-IA schools that lost scholarships due to poor scholastic performance. [Source: ESPN]
    5. Under Jim Oakes' administration, Tech's budget for athletics has languished at nearly 70% lower than national average for Division I-A (FBS) athletic programs. Tech's budget is more than 35% lower than the average for its conference. [Source: The Carr Report]

4. La Tech sports lack competitiveness in the WAC and NCAA. [Source: WACSports.com]
    3. Conference USA has said “NO!” to Tech twice during Oakes tenure as Athletic Director.

2. For years the Oakes administration has told Tech fans that BCS programs will not agree to playing home-and-home series with Louisiana Tech, making 'guarantee games' a necessity. In October 2007 the Kansas athletic director went on record saying that he was 'shocked' that Louisiana Tech turned down the home-and-home contract he offered and insisted instead on a single 'guarantee game.'
    1. Tech languishes in the bottom of NCAA Division I A athletics in almost every measure. In 13 years, Jim Oakes has failed to demonstrate that he has the qualifications, skills, or vision to help Tech athletics to grow, improve, or even keep pace with the average NCAA athletic program.

For source documentation for the information provided above, visit www.firejimoakes.com and click on Top 10.
    Once again, please keep in mind that the displeasure that some of us express about Jim Oakes' performance as Louisiana Tech's athletic director goes well beyond his football scheduling techniques.

STAY FOCUSED!!!

Once again, please keep in mind that the displeasure that some of us express about Jim Oakes' performance as Louisiana Tech's athletic director goes well beyond his football scheduling techniques.
    Dear Anonymous Red Dotter,

Yesterday, when the news of the MSU game was officially announced, I made posts on the thread about it reminding people to stay focused on the bigger picture and what is really at stake here. When I caught flak for "spoiling the thread" and being to negative I decided to stop making those comments on that thread and instead go back to the thread whose stated purpose is to keep BB&Bers focused on the bigger picture of how far we have fallen in athletics when the athletic department hits the spin cycle in high gear.

If I can't say "stay focused" on the "STAY FOCUSED-" thread, where CAN I remind people of the facts of JO's abysmal record as athletic director without drawing "friendly fire" myself?

Best Regards,

Brian

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

STAY FOCUSED!!!

I'm Staying Focused.

The game is nice and will be a great time. But it is only one game. It is not a season, nor a career. But it is moving to the right direction. Now, keep it moving in that direction!

+ Reply to Thread