+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Iraq is slipping fast

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Iraq is slipping fast

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    That is the definition of First Degree Murder.
    The definition of murder varies somewhat from state to state.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    Just wondering, what is the relevance to my comment? I think I used the term murder correctly. Malice aforethought would mean intent to cause death or bodily harm that is likely to cause death, right? Wouldn't that apply? (Please humor me since I really want to learn better legalese)
    I was actually responding to dawgfan's post.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Just ask for a list. It's hard to pick anything out of the rants sometimes.

Benefits of the Iraq war:
    1) Possibly stabilize the the political landscape in the Middle East. Whether by the spread of democracy or the knowledge that foreign powers are not afraid to interfere. Such a stabilization could provide unprecedented freedom for people (especially women and minorities) who are currently living under Sharia. Note that this is the benefit is successful.
    2) The stabilization of the postwar oil market.
    3) The elimination of an enemy that had invaded Kuwait, expelled weapons inspectors (along with other cease fire violations), and constantly threatened out allies of Israel and Saudi Arabia.

How much of that is quantifiable? Not much. Especially important when the lives of American soldiers and American tax dollars spent are so easy to quantify. However, to say that this war has no benefit is incorrect IMO.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I was actually responding to dawgfan's post.
    cool.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

I *NEVER* proclaimed to be a HERO... I said I served in Desert Storm, you idiot, which I suspect is far and above what you have done to serve this country.
    YOU *NEVER* proclaimed to be a HERO......
    YOU simply INFERRED YOUR HERO STATSUS with YOUR veteran of Dessert Storm CRAP!
    Or did YOU just happen to mention it to suggest that YOUR "veteran" veneer should somehow elevate YOUR subjective opinions ABOVE ALL OTHERS, who watched our tiny planets only SUPERPOWER decimate a 5th rate IRAQ on a TV in America...... Rather than on a TV in Saudi Arabia.

Just as YOU have INFERRED that YOUR 2 "linemen" in Iraq SPEAK more loudly and accurately in casual conversation with YOU, than Petraeus SPEAKS when he is formally testifying before congress......
    YOU INFER MUCH......
    But document ZILCH!
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

You have very clearly decided to make this a personal attack on me. So be it....

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Spinoza, your twisted rationale astounds me.... You can't see the forest for the trees. You resort to name calling and baseless accusations to make it look as if your OPINION is correct.
    YOU can search this board until I DIE......
    And never find any missive I've ever authored that CROWNS me as CORRECT.

Like ALL other men IMNHO......
    I have only SUBJECTIVE opinions.
    But I do enjoy and exercise my RIGHT of free speech to keyboard whatever remains of my little grey cell thought into the fray of all zealous "certainty"!

And now that I've responded to YOUR effort at distraction......
    Would YOU care to LIST YOUR PROOF that continuing the war in Iraq "Directly benefits America as a nation, or any majority of its citizens/taxpayers"?
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    There has been a lot of that from Spinoza lately.
    "a lot" implies many......

Would you care to cite only my 3 most egregious episodes of name-calling "lately"......
    That have disturbed your calm.

BTW......
    Has there been any other name-calling on this thread, by any other author......
    That has also disturbed your calm?

Until later......
    Cheers and good night.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    "a lot" implies many......

Would you care to cite only my 3 most egregious episodes of name-calling "lately"......
    That have disturbed your calm.

BTW......
    Has there been any other name-calling on this thread, by any other author......
    That has also disturbed your calm?

Until later......
    Cheers and good night.
    No, I don't care to because there hasn't been any name calling by you or anyone else that has "disturbed my calm."

It takes more than posts on a message board to do that. :icon_wink:

Would YOU care to LIST YOUR PROOF that continuing the war in Iraq "Directly benefits America as a nation, or any majority of its citizens/taxpayers"?
    Until later......
    Cheers and good night.
    I gave you a list, Spinoza. Did you miss it? 6:38 PM.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I steadfastly refuse to debate Spinoza. I am not going to debate anyone who takes a debate and turns it into a personal attack.

I steadfastly refuse to debate Spinoza. I am not going to debate anyone who takes a debate and turns it into a personal attack.
    Translation......

I do not like it when someone seriously calls ME to task.
    I prefer to post in generalities and pepper MY rambling rhetoric with pissoir platitudes that others are not suppose to either notice or question.

Ergo......
    Since Spinoza refuses to play by MY rules, and has the audacity to pretend that his free speech rights equal those of a "VETERAN" of Dessert Storm......
    I am taking my toys and going home.

YOU can search this board until I DIE......
    And never find any missive I've ever authored that CROWNS me as CORRECT.

Like ALL other men IMNHO......
    I have only SUBJECTIVE opinions.
    But I do enjoy and exercise my RIGHT of free speech to keyboard whatever remains of my little grey cell thought into the fray of all zealous "certainty"!

The above post......
    Has been given a red mark by an unsigned dawg with the comment "You have been added to my ignore list".
    I appreciate any red mark, especially from someone who prefers "ignore-ance" over tolerance......
    But sadly......
    I have no way of KNOWING whom to thank.

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    Just ask for a list. It's hard to pick anything out of the rants sometimes.

Benefits of the Iraq war:
    1) Possibly stabilize the the political landscape in the Middle East. Whether by the spread of democracy or the knowledge that foreign powers are not afraid to interfere. Such a stabilization could provide unprecedented freedom for people (especially women and minorities) who are currently living under Sharia. Note that this is the benefit is successful.
    2) The stabilization of the postwar oil market.
    3) The elimination of an enemy that had invaded Kuwait, expelled weapons inspectors (along with other cease fire violations), and constantly threatened out allies of Israel and Saudi Arabia.

How much of that is quantifiable? Not much. Especially important when the lives of American soldiers and American tax dollars spent are so easy to quantify. However, to say that this war has no benefit is incorrect IMO.
    Sorry I missed your reply......
    When a thread moves rapidly, I continue to merely stagger along at my usual pace.

I appreciate your comments and respect your opinion, but I do not agree with your optimism.

1) Before the WAR to protect America from WMD...... I viewed Saddam as a SECULAR tyrant who often ruthlessly murdered his internal enemies. But I also recognized him as an egocentric maniac who had prevented Iran and Syria from dominating EVERY aspect of Middle East politics, religion and life. With Saddam and his ilk now erased from the previous equation, there remains no regional foe (nor collection of foes) to counter the obvious intentions and power of Iran...... With Syria playing Italy in a modern Wagnerian opus of opportunity.

2) little george's WAR to nowhere in Iraq has FREED THE GENIE OF BIG OIL FROM THE BARREL. Every time the lads in Iran and Senor Chavez pocket $110 per barrel, the chums of little george and big dick in Houston PROFIT dime for dime. The CORK IS OUT OF THE BOTTLE.
    Precisely what "stabilization" might any rational American envison with Iran in surrogate control of the "will" of Iraq?

3) ronnie was BIG SPENDER of other citizen's tax/debt dollars...... But he was pragmatic enough to USE SADDAM efficiently against Iran and thereby avoid any Jimmy fate.
    papa george KNEW that he could not allow Saddam to control every barrel of oil in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia...... But he was prudent enough to merely REPOSITION Saddam effectively between Iran and damn near every DOLLAR of Middle East crude.
    BUT little goerge has NOW handed Iran BOTH the rock and the hard place.
    Iran can now watch America DIE "proudly" in "WAR" DEBT......
    Or more slowly and ignominiously at the PUMP.

Just more of my NHO......
    I plan to be decently dead with no progeny to concern myself with before America's current collection of little george pigeons return home to roost.
    So I sincerely hope that your optimism is closer to the mark than my seemingly rational suspicions of ABSOLUTE little george DISSASTER.

BTW......
    I do agree that your "possibly" and "how much of it quantifiable" SHORT LIST is "important" v. THE COST. But your continued and seemingly subjective presumption of "benefit"...... Still baffles whatever remains of my little grey cell logic.

Cheers and good night.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

YOU *NEVER* proclaimed to be a HERO......
    YOU simply INFERRED YOUR HERO STATSUS with YOUR veteran of Dessert Storm CRAP!
    Or did YOU just happen to mention it to suggest that YOUR "veteran" veneer should somehow elevate YOUR subjective opinions ABOVE ALL OTHERS, who watched our tiny planets only SUPERPOWER decimate a 5th rate IRAQ on a TV in America...... Rather than on a TV in Saudi Arabia.

Just as YOU have INFERRED that YOUR 2 "linemen" in Iraq SPEAK more loudly and accurately in casual conversation with YOU, than Petraeus SPEAKS when he is formally testifying before congress......
    YOU INFER MUCH......
    But document ZILCH!
    I don't think he inferred anything. Now, he might have implied it causing you to make the inference.:icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread