+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CNN Airing Video

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

CNN Airing Video

CNN is airing video of enemy snipers acting on US Troops in Iraq. I can't bear to watch it as I lost a close friend to a sniper last year. Any thoughts on why CNN would feel the need to air this video? I'm against it with all of my being and am very disappointed that this news agency has stooped to this level. I'm all for information on the war being reported but this is too much. We are all well aware of the snipers but do we really need to see it on our nation's TV's and computers? Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this as I haven't/refuse to watch the video but I don't see how this can help our troops or their families morale in any way.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: CNN Airing Video

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    CNN is airing video of enemy snipers acting on US Troops in Iraq. I can't bear to watch it as I lost a close friend to a sniper last year. Any thoughts on why CNN would feel the need to air this video? I'm against it with all of my being and am very disappointed that this news agency has stooped to this level. I'm all for information on the war being reported but this is too much. We are all well aware of the snipers but do we really need to see it on our nation's TV's and computers? Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this as I haven't/refuse to watch the video but I don't see how this can help our troops or their families morale in any way.
    I knew it would come to this, eventually. I havent seen the videos, and I am not going to single out CNN. I knew that news agencies would start taking it as far as possible because of the reality TV mantra that many people have. I am with Marketdawg, stuff like this should never be shown no matter how bad some of the public would love to see it. It is kind of like the Croc Hunter's death, I know many would love to see what happened, but out of respect for his family, it should never be shown. It is one thing to watch Saving Private Ryan and stuff like that, but it is another to watch the realities of war.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not going to defend it, but the advocates of it state that our Nation needs to see what is really happening over there. War is a HORRIBLE thing and it should not be taken on lightly. Mistakes have been costly in this war and we are paying for them dearly - with our young people's lives. Saying that, I can tell you that I am not going to watch it.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am not going to defend it, but the advocates of it state that our Nation needs to see what is really happening over there. War is a HORRIBLE thing and it should not be taken on lightly. Mistakes have been costly in this war and we are paying for them dearly - with our young people's lives. Saying that, I can tell you that I am not going to watch it.
    Yeh, it is war. If you dont know stuff like this happens, you live in denial. The storm of Normandy Beach was brutal and horrible, movies made about it are almost too much to watch and think about, I cannot even imagine seeing the real deal. We are talking about people being emotionally traumatized. My dad went to Vietnam, he came back in shell-shock for a couple of years before he could get ack to "normal". Anyway, I will reiterate that this is not a CNN problem (although they obviously have other motives to show this which might make them dispecable), this is a general public and all news stations problem. Many people like to see this crap and news stations will want to show it. Reality TV mantra.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

The thing that stood out to me was how easy it is for these evil bastards to get close to our troops, do the deed, and then get away and never get caught. Stunning.

Just shows we are spread WAAAAAAAAAY to thin

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

CNN is showing this clip for the reason I stated yesterday when responding to Salty's "Iraq is slipping" thread. It follows:

10-18-2006, 07:13 PM #1 TYLERTECHSAS

Re: Iraq is slipping fast

Salty's type as well as the liberal media are delighted and cheer when bad news comes out of Iraq. You are truly a sick lot. You want and think it makes BUSH and the GOP look bad. He is just a leader with brass balls unlike any in your party. At the very, very worse case he is causing the terrorist front to stay in Iraq where we are fighting and killing the lot of those SOB's. Case closed.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    CNN is showing this clip for the reason I stated yesterday when responding to Salty's "Iraq is slipping" thread. It follows:

10-18-2006, 07:13 PM #1 TYLERTECHSAS

Re: Iraq is slipping fast

Salty's type as well as the liberal media are delighted and cheer when bad news comes out of Iraq. You are truly a sick lot. You want and think it makes BUSH and the GOP look bad. He is just a leader with brass balls unlike any in your party. At the very, very worse case he is causing the terrorist front to stay in Iraq where we are fighting and killing the lot of those SOB's. Case closed.
    Stop already, Tyler. Fox is showing one, as well. The fact is that some people are fine with war until they really see what happens. Some do not see it as "real" until they have lost a loved one or see what is really going on. I will not watch it, but I can see the rational, so I haven't formed a strong opinion yet. Those people in Iraq see it and live it every day, though, so maybe we should too.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Stop already, Tyler. Fox is showing one, as well. Some do not see it as "real" until they have lost a loved one or see what is really going on.
    It's not on FOX's web page that I can find. Did you see it on the FOX channel on TV? I haven't. If so, I guess they are again being "Fair and Balanced" as only certain libs and Muslim Terrorist would want to see it.
    Guess what? There are Americans that did lose a loved one in that video clip. Don't show it! Period. IMHO, showing an American getting killed this way is all for political spinning. SICK!

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

It's not on FOX's web page that I can find. Did you see it on the FOX channel on TV? I haven't. If so, I guess they are again being "Fair and Balanced" as only certain libs and Muslim Terrorist would want to see it.
    Guess what? There are Americans that did lose a loved one in that video clip. Don't show it! Period. IMHO, showing an American getting killed this way is all for political spinning. SICK!
    Tyler I am not picking at you but want to know the truth. Do you veiw muslim terrorist or american liberals as the main problem facing america. I promise I am not being a smart ass, but from some of your post I get the feeling that you view fellow americans as the most serious threat.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Tyler I am not picking at you but want to know the truth. Do you veiw muslim terrorist or american liberals as the main problem facing america. I promise I am not being a smart ass, but from some of your post I get the feeling that you view fellow americans as the most serious threat.

Fair enough. But my post was only about this video. I would hope that only around 98% of Americans would not want to watch it just as Champ stated. Now as to our way of life and the dumbing down of the moral fiber of this country, then yes I think the Ted Kennedy, Pelosi and Jessie Jackson far left types are potentially harmful. But as sick and harmful as the Muslim Terrorist.... I do not want to believe that at all. No and never. Although the killing of late term babies by the partial birth abortion method, as well as some others, ranks right up there with them. How's that?

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Fair enough. But my post was only about this video. I would hope that only around 98% of Americans would not want to watch it just as Champ stated. Now as to our way of life and the dumbing down of the moral fiber of this country, then yes I think the Ted Kennedy, Pelosi and Jessie Jackson far left types are potentially harmful. But as sick and harmful as the Muslim Terrorist.... I do not want to believe that at all. No and never. Although the killing of late term babies by the partial birth abortion method, as well as some others, ranks right up there with them. How's that?
    Fair enough Tyler, and thanks for the answer.:icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Fair enough Tyler, and thanks for the answer.:icon_wink:
    No problem. Thanks for the question.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I must say, I agree with just about everything Tyler says regarding politics and the state of our country.

It's good to still see strong folks like that around.

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    I must say, I agree with just about everything Tyler says regarding politics and the state of our country.

It's good to still see strong folks like that around.
    I think the strength is in being a minority these days and seeing what is happening to our country. You see, it depends on what you view as important as to where your strengths are.

I will give you this, though..... Ray is strong in his beliefs. He knows I am too. The worst thing he has ever done is call me pretending to be a Republican fundraiser. Do you remember that, Ray?

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

You ca fight them over there...or we can fight them over here...but we are going to have to fight them! It is either the hammer or the anvil with Islam...you either bow to Allah or you die...there is no discussion.

As for prank calls, I use to call my Grand Mother and say I was with the Caddo Bossier Democrat...I never got more than that out before se either hung up or said she didn't waste her time talking to Democrats. I miss my Grand Mother.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread