+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Straight from the horse's mouth.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Straight from the horse's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    "thrown under the bus" seems to be the new catch phrase now. I'm sick of hearing it.
    I say we change it to "Send them to play in the Orange Bowl".

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I say we change it to "Send them to play in the Orange Bowl".

That's would be the OB baybee! HOUR HOUSE! Don't come up in theah talkin' smack!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

In the article above, she states that they will be dismissed from the team. They have a Zero Tolerance policy. She agreed with that policy. She simply stated that the university will go by policy.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    In the article above, she states that they will be dismissed from the team. They have a Zero Tolerance policy. She agreed with that policy. She simply stated that the university will go by policy.
    You must not have read it carefully. The zero tolerance is a new policy since the fight. Here is what all three articles quoted her as saying,

''We will not throw any student under the bus for instant restoration of our image or reputation,'' Shalala said. ''I will not eliminate their participation at the university. I will not take away their scholarships.''

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

You must not have read it carefully. The zero tolerance is a new policy since the fight. Here is what all three articles quoted her as saying,

''We will not throw any student under the bus for instant restoration of our image or reputation,'' Shalala said. ''I will not eliminate their participation at the university. I will not take away their scholarships.''
    You are right. I just glanced at the quote around what was bolded. She is wrong and I hope she gets called out for it by the University. I agree what many of you have stated about that university and their athletics.

Nothing political about this. She is just wrong.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Again, you gotta love her playing the race card reference to a public square hanging. What an amazing teacher she had in DC.

"But we will not throw any student under the bus for instant restoration of our image or our reputation. I will not hang them in a public square. I will not eliminate their participation at the university. I will not take away their scholarships."

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Again, you gotta love her playing the race card reference to a public square hanging. What an amazing teacher she had in DC.

"But we will not throw any student under the bus for instant restoration of our image or our reputation. I will not hang them in a public square. I will not eliminate their participation at the university. I will not take away their scholarships."
    Actually, I wouldn't consider that a race card statement. Those hangings usually didn't take place in the public square. It was the criminals that were hung in the public square.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man View Post
    I heard her press conference on ESPN last week and she did say essentially what dawg80 said. She said that she did not watch the film and did not want the facts to influence her decision on the punishment of the involved players. Political affiliations aside, ANY university president who says someting like that in this situation should have his/her head examined and position at the univeristy re-evaluated.
    Thank you.

I saw the press conference and heard her say it. I just couldn't remember her exact wording. Thus the paraphrasing I did here.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Actually, I wouldn't consider that a race card statement. Those hangings usually didn't take place in the public square. It was the criminals that were hung in the public square.

I bet it was at least 50-50 but still a good point.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

"thrown under the bus" seems to be the new catch phrase now. I'm sick of hearing it.
    And maybe I am not understanding "thrown under the bus", but it seems to me that a good example would be the Duke Lacrosse players. They were "thrown under the bus" to make people happy because many had already decided that they were guilty and somebody needed to be punished. "Thrown under the bus" , to me, means that we arent sure if you are guilty, but we are going to act like you are for the sake of pleasing people. This is not "throwing them under the bus", we have proof of what these guys did, and they deserve severe punishment for those who were stomping on people and using their helmets as weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    And maybe I am not understanding "thrown under the bus", but it seems to me that a good example would be the Duke Lacrosse players. They were "thrown under the bus" to make people happy because many had already decided that they were guilty and somebody needed to be punished. "Thrown under the bus" , to me, means that we arent sure if you are guilty, but we are going to act like you are for the sake of pleasing people. This is not "throwing them under the bus", we have proof of what these guys did, and they deserve severe punishment for those who were stomping on people and using their helmets as weapons.
    But then she would have to look at the videoclip/facts. Dang, she can not let the facts get in the way of her mind's perceived PC truth. She obviously follows the matra WWSD. What Would Slick Do.

But then she would have to look at the videoclip/facts. Dang, she can not let the facts get in the way of her mind's perceived PC truth. She obviously follows the matra WWSD. What Would Slick Do.
    Come on Ray, you know that she could just as easily be following what our current President and Congress have done. That is the reason we are at war right now. I can easily say that it appears Donna is being ridiculously wrong in this matter, but let's not pick and choose who we blame of ignoring the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Come on Ray, you know that she could just as easily be following what our current President and Congress have done. That is the reason we are at war right now. I can easily say that it appears Donna is being ridiculously wrong in this matter, but let's not pick and choose who we blame of ignoring the facts.

Comparing a bunch of spoiled Miami football thugs and the pansy University of Miami President decision to do basically nothing is not at all the same as that of this war for goodness sake. On the other hand a true leader like BUSH, in the same position, probably would have banned football all together at Miami and put those Miami football thugs on the front line on the Iraq war. It just takes conviction and balls. Donna Shalaya has neither. Now Hillary might have done what I just postulated if in charge. She at least has a sac even if her convictions are wrong most of the time. At least she has some.

Comparing a bunch of spoiled Miami football thugs and the pansy University of Miami President decision to do basically nothing is not at all the same as that of this war for goodness sake.
    EXACTLY! On that we agree! One is much more important than the other.

+ Reply to Thread