+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Rogers

Hybrid View

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Kenny Rogers

Did anyone see the close-ups of Kenny Rogers' pitching hand in the 1st inning of Sunday's World Series game? It sure looked like pine tar to me. Rogers said that it was a combination of resin & dirt and that he didn't realize it was on his hand.....yeah,sure. I think he should've been ejected and suspended for 10 days as the MLB rule states when a pitcher is caught with a foreign substance on the mound.

Big Dog Tech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really nice Tech09's Avatar

Re: Kenny Rogers

I thought that it looked like pine tar as well. He had to know it was on his hands. If you don't notice the "sticky" you would definitely smell it (unless he had a cold and was stopped up).

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

It looked like pine tar to me to. To dark to be mud

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

No wonder the guy can still pitch.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    No wonder the guy can still pitch.
    still? you mean finally? no wonder the guy, at 41 years old, can finally put together a decent season and postseason? of course, this postseason can't be called decent -- it's one of the greatest in history!
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Kinda of looked like dirt to me. But, the fact that "it" was gone in the second inning and he still had the game he had and threw like a beast makes it a non-issue for me. If it had been discovered in the 7th inning, I would have been more suspect.

By the way, love when he sings "The Gambler"!

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Kinda of looked like dirt to me. But, the fact that "it" was gone in the second inning and he still had the game he had and threw like a beast makes it a non-issue for me. If it had been discovered in the 7th inning, I would have been more suspect.

THANK YOU! I have been saying this all day thanks to working in the heart of Cards Country; everyone is bitching about the "pine tar" that was "helping him pitch." I think La Russa would have made a major deal about this had Roger's game wasn't as sharp past the 1st and the Cards still lost. The Umps may or may not have said something to him about what was on his hand. What we all know happened was that in-between innings, Rogers washed his hands. We also know that he threw better from the 2nd inning on. This is a non-issue that ESPN, Cards fans, and people who do not like Rogers keep crying foul over.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

All I have to say is "go tigers".

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

ESPN uncovered video in his other playoff appearances that show the same tannish,oiley substance on his pitching hand. Just because he washed it off his hand doesn't mean he didn't have more of it on his glove ( which would blend in and be hard to detect) They never checked his hand or his glove. I am a Texas Rangers fan and a Kenny Rogers fan,but if the guy is cheating he's cheating on us too. Rogers seems to have had a "personality change" as far as the way he conducts himself on the mound. He never displayed the aggressive, hot tempered,profanity laced fits for the many years I watched him play. Could he be on the "juice" or some other career extending supplement?

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Falcon, i think he is just excited to be on a team that can possably win the WS...

One thing puzzles me though...why not check the balls that did not leave the field when he pitched? they should have a smuge or disscoloration on them, right? also, why didn't the Yankees or Athletics say anything when Rogers pitched against them?

Poisso, I hope you're right about Rogers. The cameras did show Pudge Rodriguez checking the baseball a few times in that first inning but nothing was made of it. The pitchers usually have a very hard time gripping the ball in cold weather so it wouldn't surprise me if a pitcher ( that is primarily a curve-ball pitcher ) would seek a way to get the edge back by using pine tar or the substance that wide receivers use.

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

Well since he cheated, why dont we just ban him for life? That is what some would like to do with all other so called cheaters in baseball?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I personally think it was doodoo.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Remember kids: win if you can, lose if you must, but always, ALWAYS cheat.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    Well since he cheated, why dont we just ban him for life? That is what some would like to do with all other so called cheaters in baseball?
    When you use pine tar, you cheat while the pine tar is being used. When you use steroids, you're cheating as long as you are using the extra "illegal" muscle developed. If he's using pine tar, he should receive whatever penalty is in place for the use of pine tar (and stop using pine tar). If he's using steroids, he should have to lay on a couch while eating ruffles and ham sandwiches until the added muscle goes away.

The point behind my very sleepy sarcasm is that you are comparing two very different "cheatings." It's not much different than giving someone the electric chair for speeding since both offenders broke the law.

+ Reply to Thread