+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Techsters Practice

Puppy Cyberdawg has turned a few heads around hereCyberdawg has turned a few heads around hereCyberdawg has turned a few heads around here

Techsters Practice

Has anyone gone to any of the practices? Who is going to be the point guard? How are the new ladies looking? Since I'm in Houston I can't get by the TAC to check things out.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: Techsters Practice

I've been going.

I think we'll be a dangerously good team this year. April Williams is a very good point, but the freshman Dowdell might take a significant amount of play time from the position later in the year. At the other guard position, Shan and Eboni will be dynamite (though Eboni can play at the point too). I've heard rumors from former players that Shan wants to set some scoring records and Eboni's jumpshot has been right on through rehab.

I think we've got more depth inside, but we really don't have that Ford type of domination in the paint. Ty is a good athletic inside player who might average a double - double this season.

Someone else might disagree, but I think we win convincingly over LSU this year.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I've been going.

I think we'll be a dangerously good team this year. April Williams is a very good point, but the freshman Dowdell might take a significant amount of play time from the position later in the year. At the other guard position, Shan and Eboni will be dynamite (though Eboni can play at the point too). I've heard rumors from former players that Shan wants to set some scoring records and Eboni's jumpshot has been right on through rehab.

I think we've got more depth inside, but we really don't have that Ford type of domination in the paint. Ty is a good athletic inside player who might average a double - double this season.

Someone else might disagree, but I think we win convincingly over LSU this year.
    Did you mean Pringle as a back up PG? You stated Dowdell and I was thinking she was more of a forward.

I think we will have to use our numbers in the paint. We have some decent size, but no dominant Post player. However, when you have Ty, Dowdell, Kursh, and Metoyer in the game, that is some great inside action.

As for lsu, remember that they still have Fowles. She is a beast in the middle. I figure that she will give us some trouble. Hopefully our depth will help out.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Did you mean Pringle as a back up PG? You stated Dowdell and I was thinking she was more of a forward.

I think we will have to use our numbers in the paint. We have some decent size, but no dominant Post player. However, when you have Ty, Dowdell, Kursh, and Metoyer in the game, that is some great inside action.

As for lsu, remember that they still have Fowles. She is a beast in the middle. I figure that she will give us some trouble. Hopefully our depth will help out.
    You are absolutely correct. I meant Pringle. I think Pringle might be the starter at the end of the year, but maybe we'll have a rotation system and just wear some teams down. And speaking of wearing teams down, I think that's what'll happen to Fowles. She's a beast, but we've got several different looks for her. We'll see if she can keep making the adjustments.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

I believe LSU also brought in a couple of all americans this year.
    ________
    Washington Medical Marijuana Dispensary
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the post. It was very informative.

Cyberdawg, I am in Houston also and really appreciated the question. It is good to get info on the Techsters.

Any info on Sneed, Nixon and Dowdell?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

i havent ben to practice, but going in, i would thought the minutes might look like this:

williams 24 pringle 16
    mangum 24 shan 6 thomas 10
    shan 22 nixon 8 metoyer 10
    kursch 20 dowdell 8 nixon 12
    ty 20 sneed 12 dowdell 8

mangum might play a little pg if pringle isnt ready. shan will have to play both wing spots and nixon will likely play both on the wing and in the post.

total minutes:

shan 28
    mangum 24
    williams 24
    ty moore 20
    kursch 20
    nixon 20
    pringle 16
    dowdell 16
    sneed 12
    metoyer 10
    thomas 10
    levingston 0
    lawson 0

i bet he eventually works his rotation down to 10 players instead of 11. thomas or metoyer might steal the others minutes, or if sneed isnt ready, they might move dowdell over to center full time and make nixon a full time 4.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Good guess on the minutes. I would agree with you from what I know right now. I have heard Dowdell is every thing she was advertised to be, so I can't wait to see her in action.

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Good posts and excellent support from this board. I am new (posting) to this board and have seen both constructive criticism as well as some accurate measurements and some inaccurate measurements. (strictly my opinion before I am blocked). However, I was wondering if there was a possiblily to schedule a personal forum 3 times a year (fall, spring and summer) to discuss the Techsters in person at a location (fall, spring) where the Techsters are playing and in Ruston during the summer to meet over lunch, dinner, etc. to dicuss the Techsters and the season and just to meet each other, put a face to a name and have some basic Lady Techster fun.
    Last edited by gramtech; 10-27-2006 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gramtech View Post
    Good posts and excellent support from this board. I am new (posting) to this board and have seen both constructive criticism as well as some accurate measurements and some inaccurate measurements. (strictly my opinion before I am blocked). However, I was wondering if there was a possiblily to schedule a personal forum 3 times a year (fall, spring and summer) to discuss the Techsters in person at a location (fall, spring) where the Techsters are playing and in Ruston during the summer to meet over lunch, dinner, etc. to dicuss the Techsters and the season and just to meet each other, put a face to a name and have some basic Lady Techster fun.
    Actually, you sound like a prime candidate for the Lady Techster tip off club. The cost is $25/person and $35/family. They meet a little more often than that and even enjoy opportunities to meet the team straight on (private autograph sessions, welcome back dinner). You also get access into the hospitality rooms after games (certain members of this forum say you can do that without membership, but that's like using the "print screen" function to steal pictures from latechsportspix.com so you don't have to pay).

If you, or anyone else on here, are interested please email barbara@latechalumni.org. She'll be able to direct you.

I agree with AG. Also, don't worry about being banned. Differing opinions are welcome on here. It gets rough at times, but hang with us. We all love Tech.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gramtech View Post
    The nearest old folks' home should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    The nearest old folks' home should do.
    Go back to bed, Dirty..... We are having a discussion here....

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Go back to bed, Dirty..... We are having a discussion here....
    I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I'm sorry.

+ Reply to Thread