+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

Big Grin Arkansas

Ok all you people who are from there or know the area . . .

Gavin recieved a phone call this morning from little rock . . . an electric plant wants to fly him up there for a plant trip and an interview. Ok heres my question . . . Is little rock a nice place to live? Do you know of any design firms there(graphic design, web design or ad agencies)?

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Re: Arkansas

I don't know of any design firms off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some in LR. I wouldn't want to live "in" LR, but the surrounding area is very nice. Very pretty country up there.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I live here in little rock, met some girls at a bar two weeks ago who works for arkansas business magizine as graphic designers. We also have Lamar ads here in LR too. Theres prob some work here for someone of your background.

Little Rock is pretty nice, i live downtown. Everywhere in the city but south LR is pretty safe. Lots of Tech ppl here, we just need to organize something to get a Champs chapter here. Tried to with Ronny Walker 2 years ago.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

thats where we will be moving is around little rock . . . gavin is being flown up there on the 27th . . .

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Conroe is one of the fastest growing areas of the state, if not the South. NW of LR has always seemed like a nice area.

LR is big enough that you won't have a problem finding a job up there.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    Conroe is one of the fastest growing areas of the state, if not the South. NW of LR has always seemed like a nice area.

LR is big enough that you won't have a problem finding a job up there.

you mean conway?

on the way to conway, just west of NLR, is maumelle. very nice place to live, and not far from west little rock, which is where all the growth is.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Leigh View Post
    Ok all you people who are from there or know the area . . .

Gavin recieved a phone call this morning from little rock . . . an electric plant wants to fly him up there for a plant trip and an interview. Ok heres my question . . . Is little rock a nice place to live? Do you know of any design firms there(graphic design, web design or ad agencies)?
    Is he flying up from Ruston? It's only a 3 hour drive. Is the power plant south of LR? You'll love LR and the surrounding area. We have some beautiful lakes. Now is the perfect time to see the fall colors. You might want to live in one of the cities around LR like Conway, Benton, Bryant, Cabot, or Jacksonville. My insurance agent's daughter got her graphic design degree from Tech and works in LR.

no he's flying from new orleans . . . and heres the creepy thing that same day i got an e-mail from a firm in LR that wants me to do and internship there

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I love Little Rock and the surrounding area. When I finish my degree, I wouldn't mind moving there. My wife lived there for a summer and she loved it. US Pizza Co. is freakin' awesome. And, I believe Little Rock is still the only city in the US with two...count em..TWO Jason's Deli's. If you can stand living in the city with the Clinton Library, I think you'll like it.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I love Little Rock and the surrounding area. When I finish my degree, I wouldn't mind moving there. My wife lived there for a summer and she loved it. US Pizza Co. is freakin' awesome. And, I believe Little Rock is still the only city in the US with two...count em..TWO Jason's Deli's. If you can stand living in the city with the Clinton Library, I think you'll like it.
    There are two Jason's Deli's within 5 miles of my house in Dallas. Love to eat at both of them.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    There are two Jason's Deli's within 5 miles of my house in Dallas. Love to eat at both of them.
    Ah...beautiful progress. They're about to open one close to my house in Louisville and I'm stoked.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog johnnyba99 has turned a few heads around herejohnnyba99 has turned a few heads around herejohnnyba99 has turned a few heads around here johnnyba99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    you mean conway?

on the way to conway, just west of NLR, is maumelle. very nice place to live, and not far from west little rock, which is where all the growth is.
    Maumelle is where I live. Very nice place, TONS and I mean TONS of nice new houses being built everyday. There are many nice, safe places to live just outside of LR as others have said.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

We have two Jason's Deli's in Baton Rouge.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

Before I moved to LR from Fayetteville, I thougth I was going to hate it. All I knew about LR was the HBO documentary "Bangin' in Little Rock". Once we got here and got settled in we love it. LR is big enough to be fun, but small enough to feel like a hometown. I live about 2 miles west of down town on Cantrell and have never had any trouble with crime. Like any city, most of the crime in LR stays in certain parts of the city. I feel very safe having my family here and will probably be here for a while.

gnq, my wife works in sales at Arkansas Business, small world.

DAWGY

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

There is a bit of everything in LR and a situation to suit most people. Nicer and safer than Baton Rouge or even shreveport and in the same size class.

+ Reply to Thread