+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Truth is Somewhere in the Middle

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Truth is Somewhere in the Middle

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    That's exactly why it IS a big deal. Everybody knows he meant exactly what he said. He just wants forgiveness for the consequences. He never had a shot at the White House anyway after the last election, but if he thought he could create a shot, that's history now!

In the end, its the reason we can't trust the Dems with national security!
    Agreed. Problem now is that Kerry is out for the DEM Pres. nominee and Hillary benefits big time.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Hillary Clinton being named the Democrats' candidate for the 2008 presidential election would be the best thing that could ever happen for the Republicans.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Hillary Clinton being named the Democrats' candidate for the 2008 presidential election would be the best thing that could ever happen for the Republicans.

I agree unless Hillary picked a V.P. Obama thereby locking all of the minority vote. Remember, as much as I hate to say it, there are probably a fair number of GOP and Ind. women that would vote for Hillary just because she's a women. Now there's a scary thought. Watch the TV show Survivor and try to explain some of those female block vote moves.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The whole point of this thread is right in the title of it and most of you don't get it.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The whole point of this thread is right in the title of it and most of you don't get it.
    If I disagree with you does that mean the point of this thread lies somewhere between our opinions?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    If I disagree with you does that mean the point of this thread lies somewhere between our opinions?
    That is WAY too deep for this time of the morning.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

The factual truth is not in the middle. That's the funny thing about a video. It pretty much gives you the real deal. Perception is individual, fact is universal.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

I liken truth in politics to a road. If you get to far to either side, you're in the ditch. Keep it in the middle of the road and you have a truer perspective of the oncoming traffic. JMO.

Which would be my opinion. Yeah right.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    I liken truth in politics to a road. If you get to far to either side, you're in the ditch. Keep it in the middle of the road and you have a truer perspective of the oncoming traffic. JMO.
    Sit down the middle of the road sometime and see if you don't get hit by both sides.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Kerry said exactly what he meant to say...it goes right along with what he has said about our servicemen over the past 30 odd years! As far as the education level of our military, every single person I know that is serving has...you guessed it...a college degree. I admit I know only a half dozen or so, but they all have a college degree!
    It could be because they are officers. A degree is a requirement for an officer and an MBA is pretty much required beyond the pay grade of O-4. Officers probably outnumber enlisted 20-30 to 1.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

I got out of the military (hence "mil"dawg) in 2003. Amongst people in my career field, a large percentage had degrees. Several, including myself, have graduate degrees. In fact, if you don't have a degree as an enlisted soldier/sailor/marine/airman, you aren't getting promoted higher than E-5, possibly E-6. The days of only needing a high school diploma have passed for enlisted military careers. Kerry is an idiot, so his statement didn't bother me in the least. Kerry is still living in the Vietnam era apparently, at which time people not in college were getting drafted. Hell, most of these politicians--regardless of party--are completely out of touch with reality.

Regarding the officers outnumbering enlisted, I believe you need to flip-flop the two. Enlisted soldiers greatly outnumber officers. In a typical company of between 150-200 soldiers, there are usually 6 officers (CO, XO, 4 platoon leaders). The rest are enlisted. If there were 20-30 officers to every enlisted soldier, we'd really be in trouble -- one of us enlisted guys would have a hard time babysitting 20-30 of them at the same time.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I got out of the military (hence "mil"dawg) in 2003. Amongst people in my career field, a large percentage had degrees. Several, including myself, have graduate degrees. In fact, if you don't have a degree as an enlisted soldier/sailor/marine/airman, you aren't getting promoted higher than E-5, possibly E-6. The days of only needing a high school diploma have passed for enlisted military careers. Kerry is an idiot, so his statement didn't bother me in the least. Kerry is still living in the Vietnam era apparently, at which time people not in college were getting drafted. Hell, most of these politicians--regardless of party--are completely out of touch with reality.

Regarding the officers outnumbering enlisted, I believe you need to flip-flop the two. Enlisted soldiers greatly outnumber officers. In a typical company of between 150-200 soldiers, there are usually 6 officers (CO, XO, 4 platoon leaders). The rest are enlisted. If there were 20-30 officers to every enlisted soldier, we'd really be in trouble -- one of us enlisted guys would have a hard time babysitting 20-30 of them at the same time.
    I would guess that thre are about 8 enlisted persons to every Officer. Some reasons are that there are now plenty of Warrant officers, the number of nurses, doctors, dentists, lawyers in the military have increased greatly over the years, and because the number of enlisted have decreased due to civilians be hiring to do some of their jobs.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I would guess that thre are about 8 enlisted persons to every Officer. Some reasons are that there are now plenty of Warrant officers, the number of nurses, doctors, dentists, lawyers in the military have increased greatly over the years, and because the number of enlisted have decreased due to civilians be hiring to do some of their jobs.
    You're a real case. You would "guess that there are about 8 enlisted persons to every officer" even though you have a recently discharged military man telling you that there is about 25 enlisted for every officer. What is it with you? Do you like to disagree just to be disagreeable? Or, do you honestly believe that you know more than everyone else even thuogh they have the experience on their side. Or, do you just not believe what someone else says if it doesn't fit with your idea even though they have the personal knowledge otherwise?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

You're a real case. You would "guess that there are about 8 enlisted persons to every officer" even though you have a recently discharged military man telling you that there is about 25 enlisted for every officer. What is it with you? Do you like to disagree just to be disagreeable? Or, do you honestly believe that you know more than everyone else even thuogh they have the experience on their side. Or, do you just not believe what someone else says if it doesn't fit with your idea even though they have the personal knowledge otherwise?
    Gee, Dirty, don't get your shorts all bunched up. I'm retired military so I think I have a fairly good idea of the rank structure, at least for the US Army.

Actually, for all Services, the ratio is 1 Officer to 5.1 enlisted. Have a good evening. And remember to vote on Tuesday.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004604.html

+ Reply to Thread